Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are there any girls who have decided they never want to have kids? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Guys, would you ever marry a girl who said they never want to have kids?
    If she really means it (and no chance of changing her mind) then nope, plus I'd never adopt, because then the kid's not really mine and it wouldn't satisfy my massive ego

ReputationRep:
    All you women will change your minds eventually, but by that time all your eggs would have dried up and fallen out of your uterus, it will be too late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_smile)
    lol @ not having the balls to say that without being anon :awesome:
    lol it made me chuckle too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    You edited your second post to include "the best for me" after i quoted you... :holmes:

You originally said:

Now you say:

Rather large contradiction. I agree with the bit that you said after you changed your mind and started agreeing with me.
    Oh soz about the editing- I thought I did it before you quoted. Oops.
    Did I originally say that it's better not to bring a child into this world if it won't have the best in life? I thought my first contribution to this thread was to say that I'd rather adopt, followed by saying that I think I've had the best of life.... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    me me me.... children...,. bleh!
    also not sure on the marraige thing though...
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    No, I mean that if I had a child at the moment, I'd be much too selfish to be a good parent. I want to concentrate on me too much.
    Oh okay, I get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    Oh soz about the editing- I thought I did it before you quoted. Oops.
    Did I originally say that it's better not to bring a child into this world if it won't have the best in life? I thought my first contribution to this thread was to say that I'd rather adopt, followed by saying that I think I've had the best of life.... :holmes:
    What i quoted was the first contribution from you I had seen in this thread. It was when i started talking to you. As far as i know, what i originally quoted you saying was what you had originally said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    My friend has a savings account purely for the purpose of getting her tubes tied, in case her hormones make her go mad and want kids when she's older.
    I wouldn't go as far as having a hysterectomy, that's a bit extreme. I'd much prefer other methods.

ReputationRep:
    I would be amazed to see how many people change their minds in the future and do have kids...
    Just because you don't want kids now does not mean you won't want them in the future. Do you really want to die alone in old age with really nothing of any worth to show the world that you existed?
    I don't care if I end up living in a cardboard box living off peoples discarded fast food, I know I want kids so that I can say that I am actually proud of something I have achieved. Independence and a job are good things to aspire to but noting compared to raising a child.

Just my opinion but I am pretty sure that many people will come to a similar conclusion at some point in their lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's something that has been playing on my mind. I want to get married but then I have recently realised I don't ever want to have children. I just feel really inadequate and don't think I'm up to it emotionally. I just prefer the Carrie and Mr Big scenario.

Are there any girls who feel that way?

Guys, would you ever marry a girl who said they never want to have kids?
    When you are in love, the most special gift you can give to ur hubby is to bear his children whom has both your genes. I think being a mother and father is most important job in the world and it's challenge with has highs and lows but bring it on I say
    Regarding the pain involved in childbirth, well if everyone else can go through it and again and again etc, Im sure it isn't that bad??!
    The main reasons to be married is to start a family so if he doesn't want to be a father then I wouldn't marry him in the 1st place.

I'm so glad there are many others girls who aren't particularly keen on kids. It makes me feel more normal.

I'm also glad there are some guys who aren't so into kids too.

ReputationRep:
    What i quoted was the first contribution from you I had seen in this thread. It was when i started talking to you. As far as i know, what i originally quoted you saying was what you had originally said.
    In that case I apologise for that mistake. Are you alright? You seem a bit worked up...

ReputationRep:
    I don't want children for many reasons.
    I don't really like the idea of pregnancy, or my genetics(there's an 80% chance that if I had they'd have the same disorder I had, but it could be severer). There's also over-population.
    Adoption still seems like a possibility, but I couldn't see my self sustaining a long-term relationship with another person, and as far I know, it's hard to adopt when you're single. Some people also attribute a lot of their issues later on in life to them not having a father figure, and I wouldn't want to be liable for that.
    I feel people who say people who don't have children are selfish are those who justify them having a kid.
    People justify abortion in cases were the child's severely disabled and would have a 'poor quality of life'. Well then I don't know how you can justify bringing a life into this world when you feel you wouldn't be a good parent, which I don't. Having a bad parent can be far more detrimental the quality of someone's life than a disability.
    I could also rant about my issue with being a female and having children and men and stuff but honestly I wouldn't shut up and I'd end up getting angry.
    EMZ=]

ReputationRep:
    I've also thought about it - I've never been good with kids and I can't really stand the young ones. And then, they turn into teenagers, and then they move out. But then again, I kind of feel obligated to carry on my family's name.. I'm still young though, but if I don't have some sort of realisation about it before I'm 30, i won't have kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    I wouldn't go as far as having a hysterectomy, that's a bit extreme. I'd much prefer other methods.
    I didn't think they were the same thing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    In that case I apologise for that mistake. Are you alright? You seem a bit worked up...
    No not particularly. Lots going on. Thanks for asking though. As insincere as the question was, i feel a lot better.

(Original post by Gavzzz)
      I would be amazed to see how many people change their minds in the future and do have kids...
      Just because you don't want kids now does not mean you won't want them in the future. Do you really want to die alone in old age with really nothing of any worth to show the world that you existed?
      I don't care if I end up living in a cardboard box living off peoples discarded fast food, I know I want kids so that I can say that I am actually proud of something I have achieved. Independence and a job are good things to aspire to but noting compared to raising a child.

Just my opinion but I am pretty sure that many people will come to a similar conclusion at some point in their lives.
      You what? So you're implying that your life was "worthless" if you do not have kids?

So I guess Virginia Woolf's life was "really nothing of any worth". :rolleyes:

Don't be so patronising.

ReputationRep:
      No not particularly. Lots going on. Thanks for asking though. As insincere as the question was, i feel a lot better.
      Good, hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
      No, I don't want kids either. And I don't think it's something I'll "grow out of" like loads of people tell me. I remember watching a TV interview with a sportswoman, I think she was an Olympic Rower. And she said people always ask her "Why do you not want kids?". And to that she replies "Well, why did you WANT kids?". Some people just feel obliged to have children once they're married. I think in the 21st century it's entirely acceptable for a woman to not want to raise children. I personally have never got along with children, especially babies. They kind of scare me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Bezzler)
      I didn't think they were the same thing...
      Oh okay. I've just looked it up, they are different.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.