Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ....ok, I'll keep that in mind.....but how exactly does that work in stopping me thinking about him during the day?

True. No idea what I'd do if he felt like me. We'd probably end up eating each other in frustration or something.
    My theory is that your thoughts are based in a deep need of attachment to him. The sexual act is a moment of union (the aim of that deep need of attachment). By overloading yourself with that act of union for a long while, you should have your strong attachment reduced. The side effect is that you might end up disliking him and not loving him anymore. The risk is yours.

(Original post by gleamingsun)
    My theory is that your thoughts are based in a deep need of attachment to him. The sexual act is a moment of union (the aim of that deep need of attachment). By overloading yourself with that act of union for a long while, you should have your strong attachment reduced. The side effect is that you might end up disliking him and not loving him anymore. The risk is yours.
    Lol, who knows, surprisingly that could come up as a decent theory!
    Thanks for the input.
    Would be terrible if too much sex led to dislike!

ReputationRep:
    give me his number/email address...i'll tell him to do stuff that'll repel you for some time. you're probably thinking (hmmm...now that i know, how could it possibly work on me)...trust me it will...

(Original post by ahnaf.c)
    give me his number/email address...i'll tell him to do stuff that'll repel you for some time. you're probably thinking (hmmm...now that i know, how could it possibly work on me)...trust me it will...
    Well, I'd RATHER continue liking him but in a more normal state! Intrigued as to what these disgusting acts would entail though.....

ReputationRep:
    why cant a girl be obsessed with me over TSR some people have all the luck..

Anyway it definately sounds like you're clinging too much just try to stop thinking too much I can't reccomend anything else try preoccupying yourself with a hobby or something

(Original post by ChaoticSkills)
    why cant a girl be obsessed with me over TSR some people have all the luck..

Anyway it definately sounds like you're clinging too much just try to stop thinking too much I can't reccomend anything else try preoccupying yourself with a hobby or something
    More charisma?

Haha, need to preoccupy myself with uni work more like!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry...it's just the combination of 'new love'+'don't want to study for exams'.

You mentioned you're a medical student. Think about a surgery/any other procedure going wrong because you were distracted or because you didn't study enough. Replace his image with one of you cutting the wrong vein during an operation.

That should do it.

Also, don't meet or Skype with him till after your exams. Trust me. You shouldn't see his adorable(I'm assuming) face or you'll melt.

(Original post by Guy Secretan)
    Don't diss TSR meets they can be pretty lively once they get going! Well did you message him or vice versa. Surely he knows who you are by now then. In a way you are a typical tsr user for not wanting it to affect your studies. Are you hot?
    Pretty sure I wouldn't really like over 90% of people on here! I messaged him - that's the only way otherwise guys come off like desperate creeps. Lol, I do love TSR. A degree is pretty important though, right? I'm hot enough, probably too exotic/different looking for most people's tastes.

(Original post by insertnamehere)
    Don't worry...it's just the combination of 'new love'+'don't want to study for exams'.

You mentioned you're a medical student. Think about a surgery/any other procedure going wrong because you were distracted or because you didn't study enough. Replace his image with one of you cutting the wrong vein during an operation.

That should do it.

Also, don't meet or Skype with him till after your exams. Trust me. You shouldn't see his adorable(I'm assuming) face or you'll melt.
    Thanks for the help!
    Well, I was thinking of not meeting him except for New Year's Eve as surely I wouldn't be doing any work anyway on that evening? You think that's a bad idea? Thing is, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to see him after the exams because he has an important January deadline too.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help!
    Well, I was thinking of not meeting him except for New Year's Eve as surely I wouldn't be doing any work anyway on that evening? You think that's a bad idea? Thing is, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to see him after the exams because he has an important January deadline too.
    New Year's Eve is an exception, always! Go have passionate "this is the last year of our lives because 2012 will destroy us" sex!

Then meet in February. He's respecting the fact that you have exams, so you can be understanding about his deadline, right?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, how can something ruin your life but "not in a particularly bad way"?

(Original post by insertnamehere)
    New Year's Eve is an exception, always! Go have passionate "this is the last year of our lives because 2012 will destroy us" sex!

Then meet in February. He's respecting the fact that you have exams, so you can be understanding about his deadline, right?
    Haha, everyone's crazy about sex - that's not even in the top ten things I'm thinking about!
    So, a whole month apart? Is that normal? Will that stop me thinking about him and missing him?

(Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Just wondering, how can something ruin your life but "not in a particularly bad way"?
    I meant ruining my life in a 'can't stop thinking about him' sort of way as opposed to a 'he's emotionally abusing, controlling and threatening me which is causing me mental issues' sort of way.

ReputationRep:
    I meant ruining my life in a 'can't stop thinking about him' sort of way as opposed to a 'he's emotionally abusing, controlling and threatening me which is causing me mental issues' sort of way.
    Ah right okay.
    Well I know how that feels to be honest- I was hung up on a guy for over three years, but then I just thought to myself hang on, why should he be in control of my life!
    So I cut all contact with him, and I am a lot happier now, two years on from that :-)

Ah right okay.
    Well I know how that feels to be honest- I was hung up on a guy for over three years, but then I just thought to myself hang on, why should he be in control of my life!
    So I cut all contact with him, and I am a lot happier now, two years on from that :-)
    Were you actually with him during those three years? Why was it bad for you?

ReputationRep:
    Were you actually with him during those three years? Why was it bad for you?
    I was never with him as such (not officially), we were more like best friends, or so I thought at the time, but now I look back on it we did act as though we were boyfriend/girlfriend. Except he'd always say that he didn't like me in that way, which confused me greatly at the time. Looking back now, I'm thinking he just liked the thought of somebody being like that with him..

I was never with him as such (not officially), we were more like best friends, or so I thought at the time, but now I look back on it we did act as though we were boyfriend/girlfriend. Except he'd always say that he didn't like me in that way, which confused me greatly at the time. Looking back now, I'm thinking he just liked the thought of somebody being like that with him..
    Did you have sex etc? If so, what was the reason you weren't together?

Oh, so essentially he was stringing you along for an ego boost? I'm glad you got over that situation and moved on then! My situation is different because it's just a typical relationship but I seem to have got a bit addicted to his presence!

ReputationRep:

Oh, so essentially he was stringing you along for an ego boost? I'm glad you got over that situation and moved on then! My situation is different because it's just a typical relationship but I seem to have got a bit addicted to his presence!
    No we didn't have sex actually, just walked round holding hands, cuddled up watching movies.. never anything more than you'd expect two girls who were best friends to do.. but it just makes it different with it being a lad.

Yeah I think so :\ It worked for him! Not so much for me, but never miind.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, everyone's crazy about sex - that's not even in the top ten things I'm thinking about!
    So, a whole month apart? Is that normal? Will that stop me thinking about him and missing him?
    That's quite normal actually.. whether you stop thinking about him and missing him is wholly up to you. For me it's out of sight, out of mind (you know, sort of), but for my friend it's the opposite. She went insane when her boyfriend went abroad for a month. She forgot all the fights and how she usually refers to him as *******, and instead starting singing his praises

Think independently and logically, like Gemma said. (I think her advice is usually spot-on!)

ReputationRep:

That's just how it works. For a while. Be a man, grow a pair and deal with it. It'll pass.

Failing that, it's nothing a good rogering won't solve. I can help you out in this regard.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.