Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I do resort to my computer when feeling full, nothing (vaguely) interesting is on the TV and I get the inkling that somebody might have posted an inappropriate picture on here. That isn't to say that you should replicate the actions of either party.

ReputationRep:
    Christmas is the only day where my internet can handle smooth streaming of pron!!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I wake up at 4am every Christmas day...family are okay with me using computer before they are up! But while we are all together it's not really acceptable! Allowed to use phone, but to a minimum!

It's the one day of the year where I'm not constantly checking fb/tsr, but I don't mind!

ReputationRep:
    i probably will be at some point
    but not till late at night, i spend the day with my presents and watching cheesey movies downstairs, and of course the christmas day doctor who special!

ReputationRep:
    I won't go on facebook or TSR or anything like that (much better things to do on Christmas day!) but I might end up on skype with my boyfriend in the evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Lol it's weird to not go on the computer or internet on Christmas day for me and family

Like what else would you do during the day after present opening, a little family bonding etc and before Christmas dinner / the evening

You get the dreaded empty afternoon period with nowt but old christmas films and some family films on... quite boring tbh, the internet fills in that gap of time mostly
    Play board games, talk to family, eat, look at/use any presents, watch the doctor who christmas special - I don't think I ever have time on Christmas day to go online, it's always pretty busy. Busy in a nice way though.

ReputationRep:
    I usually end up going online for a bit but not until the evening.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I normally spend up until about 2, after dinner, with my family, then there's a bit of a lull period when I go on my laptop until the evening when the fire goes on and the ale comes out.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be on here throughout the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I'll probably use it a bit less but I still be on TSR. My brother doesn't finish work until 5 tomorrow anyway, so we won't really be doing any Christmas stuff until then.
    work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProdigy2k9)
    work?
    Probably in a restaurant/pub?

ReputationRep:
    Presents opened ham and eggs had for breakfast now to wait till 3 for dinner doing sod all and then doing sod all afterwards

ReputationRep:
    spent new year drunk on chatroulette.com
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Open presents then have nothing to do until 1, watched a DVD I got as a present. Grandparents will be round in 15 mins or so with more presents though! Yay!

No way.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always online on Xmas day.

I switch it off during presents and Xmas dinner, but otherwise nobody cares. They'll only be passed out drunk/watching rubbish films in the same room anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Im a Muslim and when we celebrate Eid I go on the computer, we dont have any realtives so thats life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DynamicQ)
    spent new year drunk on chatroulette.com
    What is chatroulette? I keep hearing people talking about it but haven't a clue what it's all abuot?

OHH being kicked off the computer now! Merry Christmas folks!

ReputationRep:
    yes,,,I will for me its a normal day :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

I've opened all my presents and am waiting for dinner which should take place around 2. Got nothing planned after that. I hope this day doesn't drag.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.