Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04smitht)
    Anyone else scared about the astronomical prices?
    yeah... ugh have you looked into accomodation yet? it's just soo expensive

(Original post by judgejohndeed)
    Hopefully be doing law in september
    same here!

unconditional offer for English and German Law M146 :love:

see you in September!

ReputationRep:
    Woop woop!!! jus firmed biomed at ucl!!! The offer is 3 A's. Jus hope I make it and can't wait to come London!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    This is NOT jcockerill1 cos he's gay. This is alex, his amazing girlfriend yeahhh.

I got an offer from UCL for Modern Languages (French and Italian ab initio) - no conditions yet though. But I'm deffo firming UCL

WOOOOO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by China_Style)
    Firmed UCL for MChem,
    I'd love to live in London
    I firmed MChem too. If your MChem refers to Medicinal Chemistry MSci.
    But my "firmed" was not the firmed you guys did. Cause I got my results on the 6th of January 2011 when the offer came on the 5th of January 2011. So technically, when I firmed it in the middle of Jan, I knew I would go.

AND I CAN'T WAIT

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed an MSci in Medical Physics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    Can I post if I'm stuck between firming UCL and another uni?

I've got a conditional from UCL (two 4's on AP exams) for both straight Scandinavian Studies and Modern Languages PLUS BA (Scandi + History of Art) and an unconditional from Edinburgh for Scandinavian Studies and History of Art.

Still deciding and will make any official firm/insurance decisions in February once I've visited both. Since I'm an international student, that's the only time that I'd have a break from school and would be able to fly over.
    hey again (we spoke a few months ago and i just remembered that i forgot to reply to your last message - sorry!)
    i'm choosing ucl despite offers from other good unis like imperial and durham simply because i think'll it'll be a good laugh AND be an excellent place to learn.
    just my opinion, hopefully i won't end up regretting it.

let me know what decision you make in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antas33)
    Physics. Buzzin'!
    same see you there mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_183)
    hey again (we spoke a few months ago and i just remembered that i forgot to reply to your last message - sorry!)
    i'm choosing ucl despite offers from other good unis like imperial and durham simply because i think'll it'll be a good laugh AND be an excellent place to learn.
    just my opinion, hopefully i won't end up regretting it.

let me know what decision you make in the end
    Oh, yeah! haha, I remember. No worries!
    that's understandable. I was stuck between the two for the longest time and nearly firmed UCL after visiting it but I waited until I got to Edinburgh and I'm sorry to say it won my heart. The first day or two, I thought it could never compare to London but then I met my department and took a tour and just took in the city and couldn't imagine myself living anywhere else next year! So, it was firmed.

Best of luck at UCL, I am a tad bit jealous since London is more accessible to Muse concerts but I'll survive.

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for my official letter to firm in Cultural Heritage Studies! UCL sounds amazing, and I've never been to London before, I'm completely stoked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitelily29)
    I firmed MChem too. If your MChem refers to Medicinal Chemistry MSci.
    But my "firmed" was not the firmed you guys did. Cause I got my results on the 6th of January 2011 when the offer came on the 5th of January 2011. So technically, when I firmed it in the middle of Jan, I knew I would go.

AND I CAN'T WAIT
    Oh, mine was an Msci regular Chemistry.
    So, basically, your definately going UCL next year - sweet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by China_Style)
    Oh, mine was an Msci regular Chemistry.
    So, basically, your definitely going UCL next year - sweet!
    Next year? This year!

ReputationRep:
    Guys , i ve received a letter inviting me for an open day tomorrow , so i juss wonder whether an offer is definite or not yet . The admissions tutor said he wishes to recommend an offer be made ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investment Banker)
    Guys , i ve received a letter inviting me for an open day tomorrow , so i juss wonder whether an offer is definite or not yet . The admissions tutor said he wishes to recommend an offer be made ..
    Yep your into ucl!! U jus gotta attend the day and theyll show you aroun and than youve got the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manjraman)
    Yep your into ucl!! U jus gotta attend the day and theyll show you aroun and than youve got the offer.
    Thanx ! I feel so much better , woop woop !!

ReputationRep:
    Medicine firm @ AAA. 2 of those A's are already in the bag assuming good health in June, now I just need to nail maths!

Slightly terrified I'm going to spend the next 6 years impoverished and starving, but hey, it'll be worth it!

ReputationRep:
    Hey i remember goin to the biomed open day and they sed dat i hav to pay the raised tuition fees (£9000), for my second and third year if i go this academic year 2011/2012. Is it the same for all u otha guys???

ReputationRep:
    UCL firmerrrrr!!! I firmed my decision a few days ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeb)
    i have an interview/open day tomorrow aswell, does this mean im pretty much in unless i completely mess it up and will they give me offer there and then (if ive got one that is!)?
    is yours for econ L100 as well coz i m for econ !

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer for Global Migration Msc today!! Almost 100% I'm going to firm....doing a bit of a dance right now.:bban:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitelily29)
    Next year? This year!
    Oh yeah!
    Sorry, time goes by so fast...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.