Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When did you discover what you wanted to study at uni/career path? Watch

(Original post by ellakrystina)
      Well I study Print-Based Media (Journalism) now, and I wouldn't mind becoming rich and famous for my own personal pleasures either, you know
      Well it's not going to happen with a Media degree. :ahee:

/sarcasm

ReputationRep:
      I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do with my life in the long term... I really thought I was, but being at university has made me question everything I thought I knew prior to getting there. I am just gonna see how things pan out for a while.

ReputationRep:
      I wanted to do law for aaaaages and then did Politics as an A Level. I loved it so decided to apply for History and Politics, I started to hate A2 History so looked at straight politics, I found IR from there and found it more suited to me

Career wise, no idea! I love the environmental side of IR and am going to write my dissertation about infectious diseases as a security threat I think. Something like that anyway I've thought about teaching, lecturing, journalism, governmental work and just about everything else but I can't pin exactly what I'd like to do. I definitely want to do a Masters, that's about as far forward as I've gone so far!

ReputationRep:
      In the middle of year10 when a lawyer from a magic circle law firm visited our school to talk about law, I was completely and utterly mesmerised and right there and then I decided that I wanted to be a lawyer, I still do

ReputationRep:
      I pleaded with my parents in Year 12 to let me drop English because I wasn't enjoying it. About six months later, I was completely confident I wanted to do it at university! A bit unusual, really. I think I was a bit taken aback by it being so much more complicated than GCSE (duh) but I told myself to man up and try harder. And then I got really good. And yes, I should listen to my parents more!

ReputationRep:
      I didn't really like any other subjects than languages, so that's what I'm doing at uni.
      Past that, I have no idea, and I can picture myself feeling the same in 10 years time.

ReputationRep:
      A the end of my BETC/ start of my Foundation degree, it just clicked and it seemed like it was all I ever wanted to do

ReputationRep:
      Year 8, I have a cousin that is a stockbroker and she tends to always be reading the ft and brings home some of her work. I was inspired by her.

ReputationRep:
      For ages (like since before I started secondary school) my career ideas had always been between doing something arty and something to do with science. By Year 9 I was leaning more towards science, but I only decided for sure in Year 10 when I started an art GCSE and realised that I don't want to be doing this all my life. Also by then I had started reading science books and realised that physics is amazing. I can't imagine wanting to do anything else now. Physics = :love:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.