Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I look back now and say it was easy but at the time I found it hard! I was very complacent in Year 11, didn't really care about my GCSE's which I have come to regret - make sure you work to your maximum potential, otherwise you will regret it.

ReputationRep:
    It's f***ing mindrape. You will not survive!

(Original post by charlie9872)
      make sure you work to your maximum potential, otherwise you will regret it.
      I agree

ReputationRep:
      they're easy you just need to learn the textbooks off my heart. start early if you want but do it in 2 hour chunks or something and do not let these take over your social life because once you get to year 12 you will find you are working all the time.

ReputationRep:
      I found year 11 very tough to the extent that I had a mental breakdown, started self harming and having to have counselling. However this is not what it is like for most people. For me I was always the type to worry over work and exams and it all built up in year 11 (as I had been told it would since first school). I also was not finishing exams because I wrote too much so it all built up. But people say you should wait until you get into sixth form. Well I learnt from year 11 and it has never been as bad as that. But as I said before, my case is a one off, there can be a lot of work and pressure but don't let it get to you and you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Superstar6318)
      they're easy you just need to learn the textbooks off my heart. start early if you want but do it in 2 hour chunks or something and do not let these take over your social life because once you get to year 12 you will find you are working all the time.
      And then you get to year 13 and think where has all that free time gone. In year 12 you can get the work done out of school and your frees you spend playing cards. Get into year 13 and you find yourself using your frees and time out of school just to get the bare minimum of work done.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tabers)
      And then you get to year 13 and think where has all that free time gone. In year 12 you can get the work done out of school and your frees you spend playing cards. Get into year 13 and you find yourself using your frees and time out of school just to get the bare minimum of work done.
      I hate it

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.