Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amarillo)
    I'm sorry guys just a quick question. Does everything go on sale on Boxing Day? And do these sales go online too? Thing is I'm back home for holidays (abroad) and want to order stuff online to be delivered to my cousin in manchester. Will I miss the best sales cuz they dont go online?

All the websites I see have the same sales from like a couple weeks ago, nothing new today?
    depends what your after best to sign up for newsletters from the ones your interested in but bit late now however all is not lost all items dont go on sale as they have new lines in its just getting rid of "old" lines.

House of fraser started yesterday instore today
    NEXT sale started today
    Asos started for a while continued on
    All saints some ontoday aswell
    Burton Matalan just started today

and few others sorry for any mistakes been up all night revising and shopping its not a bad mix :P.

ill add a few others for anyone interested

Zara
    Newlook
    Riverisland
    Topshop
    Topman
    Standout.net
    etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony_Soprano1)
    depends what your after best to sign up for newsletters from the ones your interested in but bit late now however all is not lost all items dont go on sale as they have new lines in its just getting rid of "old" lines.

NEXT sale started today

and few others sorry for any mistakes been up all night revising and shopping its not a bad mix :P.

Zara
    Newlook
    Riverisland
    Topshop
    Topman
    Standout.net
    etc etc
    all right thanks. I'll be sure to check these out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Behaving)
    I work at New Look, and it's closed today. Plus the sale starts tomorrow.
    The sales have already started online, though...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    The sales have already started online, though...
    However, with some chains the manager can decide on a certain number of 'manager specials' and thus, online price does not necessarily reflect in store price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    However, with some chains the manager can decide on a certain number of 'manager specials' and thus, online price does not necessarily reflect in store price.
    Meh, never seen a 'manager special' in New Look, and tbh, I think £12 off a pair of jeans I bought last week for £20 is more than enough for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billydodger)
    when does the Zara sale start?
    Dunno :dontknow:
    But I'm going Westfields today.....I'm guessing it's today because it's boxing day!

ReputationRep:
    That's a coincidence, because I don't like you.
    Pretty pathetic comeback.
    I state I don't like New Look and your comeback, "I don't like you".

Weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowing)
    NEXT has the best sale! Over 50% off all sale items.
    Yes, and I have to be there tomorrow at 5am to work

ReputationRep:

NEXT sale started today

Zara
    Newlook
    Riverisland
    Topshop
    Topman
    Standout.net
    etc etc

NEXT sale is only today online, it is tomorrow 5am in stores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orionmoo)
    Yes, and I have to be there tomorrow at 5am to work
    I'll be there are 5am queuing up, which items are the fast sellers? Men's boxers seem to go really quick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    Well I've spent like 200 at River Island, 100 on ASOS, 31 at Topman and 112 at Republic.
    So I've now only got Zara and H&M to rape.
    You're so lucky to have all that to spend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowing)
    I'll be there are 5am queuing up, which items are the fast sellers? Men's boxers seem to go really quick.
    Jersey Hipster boxers, loose fit and straight fit jeans. Expect any jackets to go quickly, with the weather, same with scarves and hats and gloves.

For ladies, some denim products are down to about £8, so expect them to go very fast. Again scarves around £4-8 down from about £12+ so they will fly off.

ReputationRep:
    Sales! Oh, how I love sales

I've spent 100 quid on Urban Outfitters online and I'm going Westfields tomorrow..fingers crossed!
    Went Lakeside today, and it was a COMPLETE waste of time :/
    • TSR Support Team

Sod shopping around the Christmas period, usually it is stuff they couldn't get rid of during the course of the year, got better things to do i.e. spending time at home with the family rather than battle big crowds around shopping centres.

ReputationRep:
    i just spent 846 pounds in the sales split between ASOS, River island, MM Direct, House of fraser, Matalan yes i was shocked matalan! haha great sales guys get it whilst you can VAT's going up
    Why do people keep saying this about the VAT? A 2.08% price increase isn't a big deal and it happens all the time through the year anyway.

When VAT went down 2.5% I didn't have noticeably more money, I highly doubt I will have noticeably less when the opposite happens. Obviously if you wanted to buy it around January anyway it makes sense to get it before the rise - every little helps - but theres no need to rush through all your purchases because of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    Why do people keep saying this about the VAT? A 2.08% price increase isn't a big deal and it happens all the time through the year anyway.

When VAT went down 2.5% I didn't have noticeably more money, I highly doubt I will have noticeably less when the opposite happens. Obviously if you wanted to buy it around January anyway it makes sense to get it before the rise - every little helps - but theres no need to rush through all your purchases because of it.
    hey mate i sell clothes online so like every pound counts! but i agree with your comments. Its not all that but its an incentive and when have people ever needed an incentive to shop? lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)

this. Good for business. They can raise prices to ridiculous levels and blame it on the government raising the vat.

Why have I got negged? It is the truth. Some business will take advantage of that. It is sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    Pretty pathetic comeback.
    I state I don't like New Look and your comeback, "I don't like you".

Weirdo.
    I don't like you lol... I read your previous posts, which are not linked to you not liking New Look. You seem to be an ignorant ****.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like you lol... I read your previous posts, which are not linked to you not liking New Look. You seem to be an ignorant ****.
    Right. That is coming from an arrogant little ****.
    Talking about ignorance- talk about yourself, love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asparkyn)
    I'm envious. Boxing Day doesn't even exist here, let alone crazed sales :shifty:
    Hahaha! Go choke on your sushi blud!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.