Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department? Watch

ReputationRep:
    True say, on average they're not that hot compared to some other countries.

ReputationRep:
    There's ugly people from all walks of life in fact only certain people can define what ugly really is an unattractive person maybe be attractive in the eyes of others etc... beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Really? I imagine most ppor African countries would come below. As would most Middle Easterners and a lot of Asian countries.
    What? :curious: Most regard many peoples from the Middle East and a lot of Asian countries to be extremely good looking.

ReputationRep:
    I concur. Two words prove that the OP is wrong.
    "David" and "Tennant". :love:

ReputationRep:
    ^ Those pics further up are of celebrities, of course they are good looking. The link is about people who got their picture approved at a dating site. Normal, everyday people.

Maybe there were just more good looking single Swedes, and all the good looking British people are already taken?

Although I know many gorgeous British girls, I can see where the people who say this are coming from.. General impression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Really? I imagine most ppor African countries would come below. As would most Middle Easterners and a lot of Asian countries.

Middle eastern people are known for one of the most attractive....see miss world lebanon (although not strictly middle-east, still arab).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    In before pictures of Cheryl Cole.

For me, you can attractive and not so attractive men. But Irish men are pretty nice.
    hubba hubba

ReputationRep:
    I've signed up to that site for the lols...I'm British through and through, let's see if I get in. Although thus far I have 4 Yes votes and 0 No, so maybe I'm on the way to prove the article wrong? Dunno.

ReputationRep:
    Because of all the inbreeding not helped by men & women's huge lack of fashion sense. They know they look like **** so instead of doing something about it they bury their head in the sand making matters worse. Though it prob has to do with being an island so a piss poor variety of genetics hence the short, squat men and women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    I concur. Two words prove that the OP is wrong.
    "David" and "Tennant". :love:
    Two words; "Low" and "standards".

ReputationRep:
    I'm highly attracted to British men. Of course, not the chavs. But again,I'm an Anglophile/Britainphile/Irelandphile, tehe. (not sure if the last two are words)

British:

Irish:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    This is so true... If you go to some other countries, you'll certainly see a difference.

Brazil, Eastern Europe, Italy etc.

Also, the British tend to dress really badly.

Edit: I just found this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-J9ZpQYW8s

HAHAAHA

(it is a little bit exaggearate, but, for the most part is accurate.)
    a little bit exaggearated? Are you a ****ing retard or something?

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious what's dragging us down as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koobideh)
    Middle Eastern and Far Eastern people are good looking, nobody considers them to be ugly.
    I don't find many Middle Eastern women good looking, and I've seen a fai few ugly ones soo.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    Oh look, an ugly British person:

snip

Shut the **** up. They probably get more action in a week than both of you will get in your lifetime, and are probably better looking than you can even dream of being. I am sick and tired of this stereotype on which there is nothing to base on. Your nationality does not and never will affect what you look like, or your personality, and anybody who actually believes that should be sterilised.
    Instead of ranting and raving, stop being ignorant and look at the facts. Genetic variety plays a massive part in attraction. The UK is a very insular island, therefore it only makes sense that it is pretty ugly. You found a handful of people that are attractive out of 60 million, congratulations on making a useless find.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katq)
    ^ Those pics further up are of celebrities, of course they are good looking.
    They were good looking before they became celebrities as well. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    What? :curious: Most regard many peoples from the Middle East and a lot of Asian countries to be extremely good looking.
    Sure, there a lot of Far East Asian and oriental types that are beautiful, but for the most part I find Middle Eastern and Middle/West Asian people to be unatractive. Of course there are exceptions, but I find the avergae Brit to be beter looking than the average Indian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Instead of ranting and raving, stop being ignorant and look at the facts. Genetic variety plays a massive part in attraction. The UK is a very insular island, therefore it only makes sense that it is pretty ugly. You found a handful of people that are attractive out of 60 million, congratulations on making a useless find.
    We have been invaded over and over and over and over again.

Then, came generations upon generations of immigration.

Our gene pool is very varied.

And ask our ex-colonies how insular we are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Because you've met enough British people to make a valid judgement. You won't meet even a percentage of all British people in your life time. So really you could say the exact same thing about your statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katq)
    ^ Those pics further up are of celebrities, of course they are good looking. The link is about people who got their picture approved at a dating site. Normal, everyday people.

Maybe there were just more good looking single Swedes, and all the good looking British people are already taken?

Although I know many gorgeous British girls, I can see where the people who say this are coming from.. General impression.
    Exactly, the average girl in alot of other countries are better looking than the average girls here. Obv there are some attractive brits, and any idiot can go get pics online of them but the general Scandinavian, Italian, Russian, Canadian, Arab girls etc.. (that are our age) are more attractive than their brit conterparts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.