Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend brings another girl - WTF!? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    tsk tsk, poor communication kills another love,

anyhow, wtf are some people on about, not everyone mops and groans and cries for months over a relationship break up, some people get back to life quickly, that's called being HUMAN, the guy got over in 2 weeks good for him, he's a fast healer.

"breaks" never work out, you dictated to him YOU want a break, did you ask him how he feels? a relationship is give and take, you just can't opt out, there is no pause button........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    Or maybe your boyfriend is a mug and a ***** whereas the OPs ex has some balls.
    No, because a break is giving each other some space to work through each others personal issues ?

ReputationRep:
    To all the people who say he moved on too quickly;

1) Three weeks is long enough to get a new girlfriend (particularly if it's rekindling an old flame)
    2) Maybe a non-involved relationship is his way of coping with a break up of a long term relationship

I really don't see how people infer he's been chasing other girls while with the OP. 3 weeks is a lot of time, and he's not necessarily very seriously into this new girl, he could just be getting back into the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Violet Hill)
    I'll keep this short, I'm coming back from a christmas dinner with my group of friends and am FUMING!

3 weeks ago my boyfriend and I went on a break, I initiated it because I was having a tough time personally and I didn't want to put any strain on him or the relationship so thought it would be best to keep my distance. We've been together for 2 years, when I asked for a break he was quite disappointed and quietly accepted. After that he wasn't really keeping in contact much but I thought he is giving me the space I asked for.

I texted him every other week just for a quick hi and ask how he's doing, he'd always reply with something like "yeah cool thanks, hope you're well x" and that's all the contact we've had.

Today we were all getting together for a christmas dinner and he brings another girl with him :mad: I was so confused, it turned out some of our friends already knew her and it was common knowledge that he's with her

First I was just wondering what's going on, he said hello to me in a normal way, smiled and went about his way very normally. Then we all sat down and he had her arm around her and she whispering in his ear giggling. I finally caught on that he's WITH HER and called him to the side and confronted him.

He was shocked that I was angry and said he thought we had broken up :confused: and that he's been dating her for 2 weeks now. I started crying and he kept asking what's wrong, and I told him that we were on a break not broken up!!!! He kept denying it and said I had broken up with HIM! I told him I was meaning to take him back soon after and he said that's bull **** and he doesn't believe in this 'break' stuff.

He apologised that it upset me and said he'll go to let me enjoy with my friends instead of having an uncomfortable atmosphere, so he left and texted me saying "really sorry, I had no idea but seems like we're on different pages now. Sorry, tc x"

I'm honestly just shocked to the core, like WTF!? Here I was thinking I still have my boyfriend of 2 years by my side and all this time he's been with another girl...I can't believe he thought we were over!!!

I really need some advice now, how do I approach this? Was I in the wrong did I do something wrong???

WE WERE ON A BREAK!

Listen honey. Rachel was in the wrong, and so are you. If you say you want to go on a break to a guy, that means that you have broken up. You can't have it both ways. You can't not be with him when the going gets tough but still keep him tied to you for when you're just about ready to have him back.

The relationship doesn't work like that. He was probably damn well willing to stick with you through your supposed tough period, and after being with you for two years, he probably expected to. In fact, he was probably hurt that after two years, you didn't feel comfortable enough to share whatever was on your mind with him. Don't hide behind your noble bull**** of not wanting to put any strain on him.

If it's ANY consolation at all, the girl is a rebound and he is unlikely to have any feelings for her, and brought her along to make you jealous. But you have ABSOLUTELY no right to be angry at him when after 2 years you initiated a break instead of doing what you should have done and confided in him.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to have been in the wrong (like everyone said, you shouldn't have put your relationship on hold especially after 2 years), but how the hell does he get over a 2 year long relationship in a couple weeks? Weird. I agree with the poster saying maybe they already knew each other while you were together... I think it's a big misunderstanding.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get this? You were going through a tough time so decide to have a break with your boyf of 2 years?

Serious boyfriends are there to support you when stuff gets tough. Any boyfriend of two years would not expect to be shut out the moment something bad happens to his girlfriend, he would expect her to want him to help her through it. That's probably why he thought the 'break' was a break up.

And yeh, he probably brought this girl along to make you jealous, but if he has been going out with her for 2 weeks, then frankly he's a bit of a douche. Also, if you explained to him that you were having a tough time of it, then he is also a douche for not being at least a bit understanding of that and rubbing some other girl in your face. Clearly though, he is ready to move on. Maybe you should see this as a good thing?

(Original post by Arcanine)
    Or maybe your boyfriend is a mug and a ***** whereas the OPs ex has some balls.
    Yeah, it takes alot of balls to bring some s*** to the party :rolleyes:

(Original post by Violet Hill)
      I started crying and he kept asking what's wrong, and I told him that we were on a break not broken up!!!! He kept denying it and said I had broken up with HIM! I told him I was meaning to take him back soon after...
      Sounds like you dumped him but hadn't planned on him not making a huge fuss and chasing you to the ends of the earth to get you back.

Fail.

ReputationRep:
      a relationship is not sky plus, u cant pause and resume it when u feel like it

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      Yeah, it takes alot of balls to bring some s*** to the party :rolleyes:
      It takes massive testis to do that. Bet she was better looking than the OP too.

ReputationRep:
      Your own fault for saying you should take a break. When you say this to a guy this is taken a we're breaking up.

ReputationRep:
      Yeah, your fault. You can't just semi-chuck him, barely maintain contact and expect him to know whats going on

ReputationRep:
      What does she look like :hubba:?
      • TSR Support Team

This is why the on a break thing never works, to be honest I would have took it the same way. He wasn't with you so he is free to see another girl. I don't want to sound harsh but he hasn't really don't a lot wrong and seemed really confused. The other problem with a break it doesn't make the problem go away all the time and you did shut him out and pretty much not talk to him, I mean what could he do

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mehhhw/e)
      Does this remind anyone of Friends?
      "WE WERE ON A BREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAK!" is that what you screamed out OP??

ReputationRep:
      find a new bf. just like your ex did. simples.

ReputationRep:
      It' really easy to confuse a "break" over "breaking up" quite often it's just a sneaky term for "yea were over".

I understand how he could have thought youd broken up with him, see it from his point of view.

ReputationRep:
      You say you had problems and didn't want to strain the relationship - this shows that after two years of being with him you still didn't trust him to support you emotionally. Maybe he rightly took this as a sign that you weren't meant to be?

ReputationRep:
      How come you even said you needed a break? :/

Surely if you have been with your boyfriend for 2 years and you were going through a "tough time personally and I didn't want to put any strain on him", surely he would have understood? You could have told him? He could have supported you or just understandingly given you the space you needed.
      A break effectively is breaking up with them. You pretty much forfeit any right to have a say in what they do in their lives. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
      " Break " means not together anymore. If you wanted space you should just say you've been busy lately and won't be able to see you as much, saying " break " is your own fault

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.