Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many children do you want to have? Poll Watch

• View Poll Results: How many children do you want to have in the future?
    Children? DO NOT WANT
    16.89%
    One
    5.94%
    Two
    40.18%
    Three to five
    31.51%
    More than five
    5.48%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    The world is becoming a more dangerous place and I don't feel that I would even be happy having kids now, let alone in ten or fifteen years time, bringing them into a world that seems to be doing everything wrong at the moment.
    Oh I've been thinking about this a lot lately, I feel very selfish for wanting them for my own pleasure you know, but at the same time I don't think my life would be 'complete' without kids.. :/

ReputationRep:
    Hmm there are four of us, yet I'm not really close to any of them.
    I don't look or act like I'd ever want kids but one day I want to have atleast three! If not more. Will probably cost a bomb raising them all but it would be so much fun. Just need to find a man who thinks the same now

ReputationRep:
    Why anyone would want 5 is beyond me...
    My mum currently is helping a woman who has 4 children and is pregnant with her 5th.
    She had to hire my mum to help because she unable to cope on her own. The house is a bomb site, total chaos, the nappies are never changed, she cannot tend to all the childrens needs therefore they are being brought up to fight for attention and she is permanently sleep deprived.
    She gave up her career as a lawyer to have kids and in May she will have 3 children under the age of 3. :eek:
    Moral of the story? 5 young children = bad idea.

I voted none because I don't see children in my future.
    If I do one day change my mind though, I won't have more that 2.
    Two is good I think as being an only child can be lonely :sad:

ReputationRep:
    None / loads!

ReputationRep:
    Two. I want to be able to spend time with them, buy them nice things, and pay for their schools and university fees, and give them the lifestyle I've had. Therefore, I won't have anymore as I don't want them to have to share it all with others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MPtoo)

This is an excellent idea. Just what I did (I have eight. Four girls, four boys) .
    Aww, cute :cute:. Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    i'd like 3, but i wouldn't say no to 4

ReputationRep:
    One, possibly two. Definately no more than that!!

ReputationRep:
    As of now I wouldn't want any, though I'm 19 and that viewpoint may likely change when I'm a bit older. Even then though It would be 1-2, I'm an only child myself and I think only having 1 or 2 kids would be much less stressful!

ReputationRep:
    6 babies!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.