Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by struggling...)
    It asks for a password for this? I am a private candidate so does that mean I wont be able to get on? :mad:
    Yeah I thought most schools had it. Nevertheless, just go through past papers still have a day to get cracking past papers and more past papers!!! Do them under timed conditions (away from all distractions) and then at the end of it mark it and see what you get. Then look at the mark scheme and make sure you understand every single mark which you got wrong, and if you still don't get it find examples in your book that relate to the question and try and solve it from there.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    No you do not.
    Varies from school to school. People in my school get a 5 min break before taking the C2 exam.

ReputationRep:
    If this paper is anything like last year, it should be A's all round because last year's paper was pretty easy (for my standards - and I find everything difficult!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryKoi)
    - How are you preparing yourself for it
    Mymaths.co.uk
    IT DOES HELP! Seriously...
    And past papers, of course. :rolleyes:

- How confident are you?
    Pretty confident compared to how I feel about my other subjects my teacher seems to think I'll get an A :rolleyes: I guess we'll see.

- Any suggestions on what may come up?
    Hmmmmmmmm... differentiation and integration for sure! Graphs, of course... and simultaneous equations. All of these seem to come up every year.

Good luck with your exam!
    really? I haven't seen one of those for a long long time
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    really? I haven't seen one of those for a long long time
    I did a bunch of edexcel C1 papers today and they came up at least twice.

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!! Im doing this paper tomorrow! I feel like im going to really mess up!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryKoi)
    I did a bunch of edexcel C1 papers today and they came up at least twice.
    Yeahh.. I (nearly always) mess them up forgetting to find the corresponding y-values but I'm hoping that if I'm working in exam conditions then I should be fine.

I think I'd probably like to finish C1 and C2 both about 15 minutes early though; for the sake of checking my answers thoroughly.

ReputationRep:
    im confident with this exam, i should get 95% plus but if i see a long wordy question on sequences and series.... darn u edexcel

ReputationRep:
    It is 22 hours, 5 minutes, 22 seconds,
    until Monday, 10 January 2011.

The Beginning of the End.

The hour of reckoning is upon us.

Come ye faithful....

EDIT : They seem me POSTING, they be HATIN'.

Is that the best you've got you ? Come on, neg me some more If you've got the sauce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    Yeahh.. I (nearly always) mess them up forgetting to find the corresponding y-values but I'm hoping that if I'm working in exam conditions then I should be fine.

I think I'd probably like to finish C1 and C2 both about 15 minutes early though; for the sake of checking my answers thoroughly.
    C1 doesnt need the allocated 1.5 hour. You should land up finishing way ahead of time.

If you know your stuff there's no need to fear.

ReputationRep:
    heyy everyone,

if the mark scheme says,

Area = 106.707 awrt 107
    that means I'd get mark for "106.7" right?

I sound so stupid... but thanks.. I just want to make sure I'm so nervous

(this is for C2 btw)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's fine . It just means that if u will rounded 106.7 to 107 that would be awarded too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Is it? Because I was talking about Edexcel. Are you sure about that?

*checks specification*

No, it's definitely C2.
    No, its is in c1. I do edexcel and I have done all the past papers. distance between two points does come up (quite regularly!) and we did learn it in college, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreamester)
    Yeah, that's fine . It just means that if u will rounded 106.7 to 107 that would be awarded too!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trisha1616)
    If this paper is anything like last year, it should be A's all round because last year's paper was pretty easy (for my standards - and I find everything difficult!)
    Yeah, I did last years paper just now and I got 73/75 whereas in my mock when we did another paper I got a B. fingers crossed it will just be as easy as last years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masderchef)
    Does any one have the mark schemes for the 2010 papers?

If not, people should start posting any questions from the 2010 papers they are unsure about so that we can clear up any uncertainties.
    Would be next best thing to the mark schemes.
    http://www.4shared.com/document/2gyS...olutions1.html
    and the january one should be on the exam board website
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)

Story of my life!

And my teacher tells us it's impossible to get a simultaneous equation question wrong as long as you remember to check your answer by substituting your values for x and y into the equation. :ahee:

And don't worry about the time thing, I'm sure you'll do fine. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have a list of formulae we need to learn for this paper and the C2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darthdevidem)
    http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu...cal-Tables.pdf
    I think it's a bit unfair that they give so many formulae.. I know I probably probably won't be looking at it unless we get a question that requires the use of n!/(r!(n-r)!) which I always have to check because I use it.
    Edit: Re-read your post... I don't think there are any formulae that you really need to learn; sine rule and that's kinda it.

It is not so much finishing on time that I'm worried about but more not making stupid mistakes which is helped by left over time. Still, I want it challenging enough so that I won't have to stare at the clock for half an hour. Haven't actually timed myself doing a paper yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darthdevidem)
    No. Formula booklets are given in the exam.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.