Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Name me one thing women can do better then men? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Give me an orgasm.

ReputationRep:
    Squeal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    I don't know ... you'll hopefully agree that women have a collaborative mindset rather than a competitive, selfish one. This is a major disadvantage in a capitalist business.
    Couldn't disagree more.
    Women are incredibly competitive. It's well-known, for instance, that when women dress up on a night out, they're primarily doing so to show off in front of other women - even more so than to impress potential partners. Stereotypical traits like *****iness and backstabbing also hint at the fact that women aren't necessarily more pro-collaberation than men. The reason that they appear less competitive is partly down to the fact that they tend to be more subtle about it (because competitiveness is considered less 'acceptable' for women). And it's partly down to the fact that women are often known as less assertive and ambitious in the workplace - which tends to be down to lower confidence, lower expectations and too much faith in the fairness of promotion systems.

There is no evidence that British businesses have become less effective and efficient since women started to enter the workforce in greater numbers and to take on more managerial roles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Have boobs
    Men do that better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Blowjobs.
    Men don't give better blowjobs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Have boobs
    Ooh I don't know.. some men I know have a very impressive pair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Ooh I don't know.. some men I know have a very impressive pair!
    lol RUDE

ReputationRep:
    Women are great at manipulating men, or situations from behind the scenes. Hence the saying 'behind every great man is a woman'.

But anyway, it's silly to compare the capabilities of men and women in general. I know many girls/women who could beat guys i know in a fist/wrestling fight. But in general men are stronger than women. I also know many guys who cook better than most of my female friends, though in general women cook better than men. There are more famous male chefs because if a woman can cook well, it's considered normal because it'll make her a good housewife/mother. When a man cooks well everyone makes a big deal about it.

Men also tend to be more driven than females. They are more likely to strive to perfect a certain skill, whereas women will try and have many different skills.

Women are also very good at making the most of what they have. They make up for physical weakness by manipulating those who are stronger with words (or their bodies). They make use of their sexual attractiveness when necessary. They show humility when asking for help.
    Men are more independant, think more logically and are stronger physically, but they tend to think in a straight line, whereas women will be more flexible.

It still seems a bit silly to compare the two genders. There isn't one better than the other.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bnet.com/blog/harvard/wom...-new-jobs/9315

Move jobs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ed...cs-583958.html
    http://www.payvand.com/news/10/aug/1008.html

University.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    It is not a prominent exception to the rule at all. You conveniently 1) ignored William Shakespeare from your own source and, despite the fact that you admit it is problematic way to look at things, I think most would agree that2) it has little to do with the point of the thread; that is, do women write better books than men?

3)A list of the best ten authors ever, which was voted for by contemporary writers 4)(looks like 79 men and 46 women, though some of the names are androgynous so I had to guess at times), had nine men and one woman in the top ten; 5)George Eliot's Middlemarch came tenth. 6) Interestingly enough, a lot of the books themselves are about women though, especially the top ones!
    1) Notice how I said novelist. Then notice that William Shakespeare isn't a novelist.

2) It has everything to do with the point of the thread.

3) Source? Or perhaps this list is ex recto?

4) I'm sure that if you quizzed a completely different set of equally prolific authors, the list would look completely different. Get some data with a larger sample size please - this is statistically questionable.

5) So this list supposedly lists the ten best authors ever. Yet somehow a novel ended up in tenth place. I'm guessing you meant that George Eliot ended up in 10th place with her novel "Middlemarch". So now they're basing a novelist's worth off their magnum opus, rather than their whole collection? Not a great way of doing things.

6) Look at your comment in 2. Then look at how relevant your comment is in 6.

Edit: Most of my favourite novelists are male, but women's role in literature should certainly not be ignored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSenrine)
    1) Notice how I said novelist. Then notice that William Shakespeare isn't a novelist.

4) I'm sure that if you quizzed a completely different set of equally prolific authors, the list would look completely different. Get some data with a larger sample size please - this is statistically questionable.

5) So this list supposedly lists the ten best authors ever. Yet somehow a novel ended up in tenth place. I'm guessing you meant that George Eliot ended up in 10th place with her novel "Middlemarch". So now they're basing a novelist's worth off their magnum opus, rather than their whole collection? Not a great way of doing things.

Edit: Most of my favourite novelists are male, but women's role in literature should certainly not be ignored.
    If you want to prove that women are the best writers then that is your prerogative; but at least be sincere, and try not to be overly pedantic.

The number of books sold has nothing to do with the quality of the writer; you said so yourself in your first comment. The mode of the book has nothing to do with the number of books sold so dismissing Shakespeare, because you said novelist, is a waste of time; his dramatic works (i.e. his best sellers) could easily be turned into prose; and there is the more obvious issue of the novel not existing as a mode when he was alive... In addition, the list I mentioned contained Shakespeare's Hamlet (sixth) and Anton Chekhov's short stories (ninth) so the mode in which the writer operated was irrelevant to those who voted – they deliberately used the phrase 'top ten works' for a reason. The critique of methodology is inappropriate; a larger sample is negligible when the emphasis of the voter's inclusion is based upon their perceived expertise; if you sought a second opinion about an illness then that might be of use, but seeking a thousand doctor's opinions, because you do not believe one can diagnose the illness (i.e. pick the best works of literature), becomes redundant. Nevertheless, if you looked at every literature syllabus in every higher education institution across the globe then I am sure there would be a strong correlation between the works selected and those studied; scepticism is useful only when it is applied in the right way.

I will link the list(s) to avoid discussing your fifth and sixth points. The only list I found that had women near the top was the top ten living authors. Some lists did not have any women in them at all. It seemed quite common to only have one woman though; that is, in the top ten all of all time, top ten 20th century, and top ten comedies, for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    Give me an orgasm.

>______________>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSenrine)

Hear, hear!:headbang:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehhhw/e)
    Men don't give better blowjobs?
    Women give better blowjobs.

ReputationRep:
    geee sexist much?! okay so we..drive better, we graduate college more often, we're more polite, we eat healthier, we communicate better than guys, we cope better with stress, we live longer, would go on but youu only said one andd I've clearly gone over the limit Face it you'd be lost without us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrunetteChick)
    so we..drive better

ahem... i'll just leave this here

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drumzilla)
    ahem... i'll just leave this here

:awesome:
    lmao okaay lets check the stats: Carnegie Mellon University researchers found after analyzing a lot of traffic data in 2007 that men are 77% more likely to die in a car accident due to bad driving than women, keeping the miles driven constant.

If ya want a vid: check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqt9E...eature=related

I don't see any women drivingg them?! pahha :L
    face it, we're better drivers :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    cleaning, cooking, making sandwiches...there's loads of things. Stop being so ignorant and sexist OP!
    Would you not say you are being just as sexist in that assuming women are better than man at cleaning, cooking and making sandwiches?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrunetteChick)
    lmao okaay lets check the stats: Carnegie Mellon University researchers found after analyzing a lot of traffic data in 2007 that men are 77% more likely to die in a car accident due to bad driving than women, keeping the miles driven constant.

If ya want a vid: check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqt9E...eature=related

I don't see any women drivingg them?! pahha :L
    face it, we're better drivers :L
    your source is a university named after a piece of fruit, your argument is invalid.

women are just worse drivers

p.s. that video has a guy in a dukes of hazzard car drifting round a 200m bend, that's some pretty damn good driving in my books :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miza)
    Apart from giving birth, if you think about, there is no job woman can do better then men?

Best chiefs in the world are men,
    Best drivers in the world are men
    and the list goes on...
    Urm, let's start with Driving (ask any insurance company), cooking and looking after their families day in and day out. Multi tasking, passing GCSE's and A Levels, getting top degrees from university and generally doing better in terms of their education. Shopping (especially shoes and bags) and the list goes on..........:dance:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.