Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'll be off t'pub as per usual

ReputationRep:
    Going round my Aunt's house, where we will be making mojitos. And drinking them, presumably =)

ReputationRep:
    I currently have no plans.
    There is nothing to do around here on NYE, places are either full with people or change a rediculous amount to get in. None of my uni friends are going back to London, so thats out of the question. And my best friend from home is away.
    Not too fussed about New Year anyway, its overrated.

ReputationRep:
    My gf.

It's her birthday on the 1st.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    The Norwegian government banned the firework you 'shoot up into the sky'. Not sure what to call them. Now they only allow the "battery fireworks". They did that two years ago, which sucks. And there aren't really any "grand London fireworks" either.

I don't know. Something nice I hope. But I don't have any high hopes.
    Rockets? That must be annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Rockets? That must be annoying.
    Rockets! Yes of course. lol. It's because all the damages people get because of them. (So it kind of makes sense. But on the other hand it's a little annoying). There were always some drunk idiots who played around with rockets!
    (Which is really immature and highly stupid)..

The battery firework work pretty great. But it's not the same. Rockets can only be for "official gatherings" now etc.

I'd love to see the firework in London. It looks amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Broad streeting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KitKat1212)
    Haven't planned anything yet, but I'll either be out to see the fireworks or at a party. What about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.