Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confessions of a gamer: Your worst ethically questionable behaviour in computer games Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hm.
    I purposely submitted to Ocelot's torture because Meryl annoyed me. (Metal Gear Solid)
    Picking up a prostitute, then running them over in the same car you just laid then in and getting your money back. (GTA)
    Lasso-ing Random people and dragging them through the wilderness. (Red Dead Redemption)
    Pushing my horse over the edge of a large mountain. (Red Dead Redemption)
    Slapping the hostages until they pissed themselves. (Metal Gear Solid 2)
    Slapping Meryl and then running around B1 of the Nuclear Warhead storage building as she tried to get me back. (MGS)
    Shaking the sixaxis to make Rose's jugs juggle. (MGS4)
    Blowing up Nuketown. Then loading up a previous save and doing it again. (Fallout 3)
    Blowing up a beggar who was asking for purified water. (Fallout 3)
    Manipulating the camera in Tomb Raider to see 32 BIT BOOBIES. (Tomb Raider)

And many, many, many more.

ReputationRep:
    Reinstating slavery and exterminating natives in Victoria and Europa Universalis. HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA :fuhrer:

Killing people in Fallout 3 and then mutilating them and doing unspeakable things to the bodies.

I also have a bad habit of intentionally shooting civilians in all First Person Shooters.

There is a trope for this, Video Game Cruelty potential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donej1)
    Stripping female corpses in Oblivion. then having a ****
    The key is to whack them near a wall so their legs splay out helplessly :perv:

ReputationRep:
    Dunno if this is classed as rape or not?

ReputationRep:
    ever played that old computer game black and white?

You get to be god and can choose to follow the route of good or evil

naturally, I followed the evil route which consisted of..

burning down the villagers houses by setting fire to the hatched roof

picking up villagers children and throwing them in the water

reducing their food materials so the villagers were dying of starvation

Then there are obvious ones I used to do such like...

The gta cheat to get all the women following you, then slicing them to shreds with a chainsaw

Teabagging people on Cod after i kill them so it comes up on their kill cam and enrages them further

On sonic for the sega (or the iphone) i enjoy going under the water and watching sonic struggle for breath then perhaps if i'm feeling nice i'll let him catch a bubble and breathe again, but most of the time i won't

ReputationRep:
    Put my Sims in a room full of flammable objects with no door and telling them to make a roast dinner. Muhahaha.

ReputationRep:
    Sticking bombs into civilians in GTA and watch them scream for their life for a couple of minutes before blowing them up. lol I feel like such a sadist.

I also attacked my own pokemon with my second pokemon in a 2v2 battle. Needless to say that this is more stupid than sadistic and lost my match :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Palestine vs Israel in FIFA World Cup 2010. Always a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beneb)
    An ancient game: Star Wars - The Phantom Menace. On the Tatooine level...well, I...I killed them all. And not just the men. But the women! And the children too! (Skip to 3:10 in the video.)

I believe I composed some theme music for this delightful carnage.
    'Better stand back mister, because i'm about to SLASH... all my prices!'

The game of my childhood. It's scratched now though :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    I slide tackle my friends already injured players in Fifa just to finish him off :mmm:
    Not as bad as using football tricks on them again and again and watching them getting even more furious by the minute :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Let's see this will be a long list...

1)Shooting innocent scientists in the leg and head in Goldeneye waaay back on the N64 on that facility level

2)Torturing scientists in MGS3 and hiding their bodies in the lockers, also killing that friendly prison guard on the level after by stabbing him with a fork.

3) starting gang fights between the Hatians and the Cubans in Vice City, having sex with prostitutes then killing them to get my money back.

4)Team killing in battlefield 2 by using stationary machine guns, then getting everybody in a helicopter and crashing it on purpose multiplayer online mode btw

5) Scoring own goals on fifa 11 to piss my team mates off on online team play mode.

6)Killing every body in the hotel level on hitman 3 and putting them into one room

7)Shoting Brucie repeatedly in the head to make him shut up and killing little jacob even though he sold me cheap guns.

8) making every team poor in football manager 11 except for myself which automatically meant i had an unfair advantage

9) flying planes into ballas territory on GTA SA

10) Annoying the local villagers in Super mario Sunshine by jumping on their heads

ReputationRep:
    I am currently about halfway through purposely assassinating every character in Oblivion. Every single one. I've only been charged with three counts of murder.

ReputationRep:
    FIFA 98

Turn the referee strictness down, turn off offsides, utilise hack button, hack my way to the World Cup final with Swaziland or Fiji.

Indoor mode, turn referee strictness down, hack everyone. Best played with a few friends on either side. The hilarity is enough to cause seizures. The best one is when one player shoots from distance and your friend fouls the goalkeeper just as he is about to make a save.

I also used to know the cheats for unlimited transfer funds, so Blackburn would have players like Zidane and Rivaldo. I also knew the cheats for making players have max attributes, which meant all Rovers players were 99 for everything.

Sometimes I would make a custom team, usually with San Marino because no one would miss them, of my Sunday team or school team, then win the World Cup. Occasionally I would customise a team full of players I didn't like (such as knob heads at school), make them all really useless (35 overall was the lowest), and design them a pink kit. Then I would turn referee strictness down and let the fun begin.

Then there is always the option to switch teams and score own goals if you are losing with five minutes to go.

Worms

Make several teams of people I don't like, under the names of things like 'Ass Faces', and blow the crap out of them.

Sometimes I would make teams of good and bad Star Wars characters, and some of my favourite football players.

Football Manager

Play as Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City and also Blackburn. With the big teams I would sell all their best players to teams from abroad, then buy Blackburn's crap players for vast sums of money (Man City bought Johann Vogel for £86m). Then I would give Blackburn all the big teams' best young talent. I would also sack any good coaches that were at the teams.

The effects of this were: the big teams had no good players, the big teams had no good youth players, the big teams had no money to buy new players with, and I would have lots of money to use to lure in good coaches.

Smackdown

There were a few versions of this, but I would like to make a female character, put her in only a bra and panties, then make the underwear skin colour. I must have been about ten or eleven at the time, and this was incredible. There was also the hint that if you slammed a female character down on the mat with her legs pointing towards the camera, you could see up her skirt. I used to pause at this point because I was mesmorised.

When the games got better and they included previews of the entrance videos, I used to watch Trish Stratus, Torrie Wilson and Stacey Kiebler's over and over again.

FIFA 11

This is the soul reason for purchasing an Xbox and the game, and connecting it to Xbox Live. I love trolling and enducing rage. I love it, and I even jack off to it.

My favourite is the Hank Hill soundboard, where I argue, abuse and converse with other players using Hank Hill quotes. Many unsuspecting idiots fall for it and start to swear and get angry, simply because they don't know King of the Hill and think I'm some middle-aged American man telling them that they are a loser and asking if they are Chinese or Japanese.

I made a thread dedicated to my love of FIFA trolling, but it was deleted. I compiled a list for people who want to do it also, a list of ways to annoy and frustrate. I am always open to adding to the list from more experienced trollers. I will upload the list on here for anyone who wants to see it.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc FIFA Trolling.doc (30.5 KB, 142 views)

ReputationRep:
    There's a staff on Oblivion that lets you reanimate the dead. Though it would be funny to use it one the servant in my house - reanimate, kill, reanimate, kill, reanimate, kill...

You can do it on inFamous too :evil:

ReputationRep:
    There is a level set on a steamboat on Hitman: Blood Money. Even though you only need to kill 2 or 3 specific "baddies" without attracting any attention, I always see it as my duty to massacre every single living being on board. Especially the old ladies.

I like to put a bomb in the cake and detonate it just after it gets served to the happy diners

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    How do you change the price of drinks? :O
    I haven't played on it in ages, so I can't remember if I changed the price or if people just bought more because of the heat. :p:

ReputationRep:
    In Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 I'd build parks with a little fenced island in the middle. Then in the course of the game I'd move any guests I saw with the stupid afro-like haircut to the island. When it got too full, I'd drown a few of them or just put them on big pillars of land. Looking back it just seems like some kind of sadistic racism, but I thought it was great fun at the time.

I also remember going to stay over at my friend's house when we were about 7 or 8. We used to play the original Roller Coaster Tycoon with the sole intent of building coasters that killed the guests. A particular favourite was one where the track just stopped, but momentum carried the carriages onwards to an unpleasant death,

Also, putting the visitors in fenced areas and releasing the animals in Zoo Tycoon.

This post would be far too long if I catalogued my misdeeds in The Sims and Runescape. I never 'properly' scammed people on Runescape, although I did get some absolute idiots to pay extortionate amounts for 'Magic black Lobbys' which were just lobsters I'd cooked and burnt.

Ah, it's amazing I've turned out so normal tbh. =P

ReputationRep:
    I'm the person who drove carefully on Crazy Taxi, so not that much. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget, after torturing and killing your Sims, you can sell their gravestones.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, if you google "pandemic 2" you will find a game in which you are trying to get a virus to wipe out the world's population. It wins.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.