Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your first ones a mistake and supposed to be a rejection, and then your second one is real :O Either way, they cannot reject you from oxford as a whole now, especially after 2 acceptances, I think they have a policy to stand by any mistakes they make, at least they have in previous stories i have read congrats btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitarmike456)
    Their offices are closed and its driving me CARAZYYY
    It does sound like you do have an offer from them. Chances are, your first college actually wants you, but put it in the system wrong, or your first college rejected you and your second made you an offer (but your first college made an error). It seems very unlikely both colleges made you an offer by accident.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's anything to worry about. If your first choice gave you a conditional then it's likely that Lady Margaret Hall will just be removed from your offers. You still got an offer

ReputationRep:
    How about you just stay quiet and pray they don't realise. 2 offers from Oxford. Happy days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mf2004)
    That's incredibly strange, but I think you should just send St Annes an email and they'll sort it out. Even if it was an admin error they'd still let you in now (has happened) so just relax, get the grades and be awesome.
    thankyou i LOVE yoru sig

ReputationRep:
    So basically they want a copy of my qualifications, no matter what they happen to be? Sounds fine to me :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoshin)
    My offer letter said that the final UCAS deadline for accepting/declining is late April.

Edit: oops sorry, may not have understood your post correctly; you want to accept as quickly as poss in order to altruistically donate your place(s) elsewhere? I'm going to take some time, not cos I'm not sure I want to accept, but cos if circumstances (eg. financial) made acceptance impossible I might be regretting having hastily turned down alternatives.
    (Original post by BeritV)
    I don't see a reason why you couldn't do that - if you know that you want to go to Oxford and you have the offer already, I am fairly sure that you can accept Oxford's offer straight away and withdraw from the other choices.
    Cool - I think that's what I'll do then, thank you both . Shoshin - I know what you mean about the financial side of things but I'm pretty sure as it is now I won't be turning down the offer I will just be on a very strict budget!

ReputationRep:
    It's so strange - not having any reason for obsessively checking e-mail. I miss clicking the refresh button 20 times a minute :-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    Seriously?

Interesting that they were going to shower you with gifts if you had been rejected - my friend was promised a laptop if he got an offer (which he didn't get in the end) but nothing for a rejection.
    Hmm, I don't really agree about the whole 'getting gifts for getting into Oxbridge' thing, I just think parents send out the wrong message by saying it.

ReputationRep:
    I missed the old thread so yay for the new one! I'm Law at Christ Church! Hello everybody (again!)

Christ Church-ers PM me
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That's the way it goes I'm afraid :p: You're doing better than most, two offers already

ReputationRep:
    History at Keble

although I'm slightly worried, I haven't had any forms, online or otherwise to fill in
    I got a rejection from New via email then a letter to confirm it, and then a letter from Keble, but all it contained was the 'congrats you've got an offer!' letter, and then a sheet of info on fees...no forms at all for me to send back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    History at Keble

although I'm slightly worried, I haven't had any forms, online or otherwise to fill in
    I got a rejection from New via email then a letter to confirm it, and then a letter from Keble, but all it contained was the 'congrats you've got an offer!' letter, and then a sheet of info on fees...no forms at all for me to send back!
    Same, that's all I had. I imagine the procedure differs college to college.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, History at Oriel

ReputationRep:
    I know it's early days but it's still quite depressing seeing how few names there are compared to the orginal Applicants Thread. There were some nice people in the other thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    I know it's early days but it's still quite depressing seeing how few names there are compared to the orginal Applicants Thread. There were some nice people in the other thread
    Yeah, it's lonely at the top. I met five other wonderful people at my interviews and now only one of them is left.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Law at St.Hida's. I was there in the summer and loved it but must admit that I am scared of its previous status as an 'All-Female' college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yafoubnx)
    Yeah, it's lonely at the top. I met five other wonderful people at my interviews and now only one of them is left.
    Yeah I know exactly how you feel. At the interviews we formed a group of 7, they were nice people. I only know of me and one other person to get an offer.

I dont want other people to think Im complaining or anything, Im just saying Im gonna miss some of the other applicants.

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, que sera sera. We'll make more friends once we start term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessica.H)
    Hi, I'm Law at St.Hida's. I was there in the summer and loved it but must admit that I am scared of its previous status as an 'All-Female' college.
    Why? It'll be completely mixed by the time you start.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.