Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Just had a lovely showdown with parents who just think I should be maintaining a caloric deficit. Full Stop.

I don't really know what to say to them anymore. Caloric deficit is fine... but it's not the best way in the world to do things. Bloody people make me doubt myself.

**** it. Had a good session today. Was making little progress without tracking properly so I'm gona aim to steadily increase weights in all the complex lifts - dropped them a little for now as form was getting a bit questionable - and keep a good record. I just damn well hope that my body shape changes in a good way over the next few months or I'm gona get a lot of **** off the parents. Any advice appreciated.

Squats: 5x5 @ 40. Full depth. Upping the weight.
    Bench press: 5x5 @ 25, 2x5 @ 35. Aim for 5x5 @ 35.
    Barbell rows: 5x5 @ 35. Increase to 37.5.
    Advice - do what you want. Tell them you're maintaining a caloric deficit (why do they care? it's not as if you're obese )
    Move out and train like a beast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Advice - do what you want. Tell them you're maintaining a caloric deficit (why do they care? it's not as if you're obese )
    Move out and train like a beast.
    I am overweight though, and my Mum is ADAMANT that the 'correct' way to deal with being overweight is too eat less.

Baring in mind she was on weightwatchers and used to 'save' up her points for days when she wanted to go out and drink wine.

But yeh if I had it my way I'd have my own place and my own gym... sadly I'm not in that position right now so I make the best of wht I've got and put up with the snide remarks.

ReputationRep:
    Not a bad day today. 2 trainers assured me that my form was good on squats today, so I'm much happier about them now and looking to work the weight up gradually. Deadlift felt much better, especially as I'm only do one set at work weight now: feel less like my back is gona crumble. Sadly a bit gutted about the presses.

Squats: 5x5 @ 42.5
    Presses: 3x5 @ 30, 1x4 and a fail. 1x4 and a fail Even kept the weight mid way up squeezing really hard but it just wouldn't budge :getmecoat:
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 50 Felt loads better than usualy, didn't lose form, just need to make sure grip strength keeps up with weight increases.

So tired I could just drop. Although I did make a 1.5 mile round trip walk back to the car because I wanted to go to Shaake

ReputationRep:
    Such an attention seeking title -shudders-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Such an attention seeking title -shudders-
    *yawn* Ok, so why open the thread and post something so pointless? As if I could care about opinions of a title. It's supposed to be a daft joke. Too much seriousness in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Felt a bit 'easy' today. But I'll keep going, gradually adding weight and hopefully will make good progress without stalling. Although I accidentally benched 2.5kg under my work weight for this session... hey ho, it'll go up on Thursday.

Squat: 5x5 @ 45kg Nice and easy, form felt good, trainer reassured :yy:
    Bench: 5x5 @ 32.5kg Pretty easy, looking forward to 35 on Thursday
    Rows: 5x5 @ 37.5kg Swapped to Pendlay Rows as they just sit better with me somehow, not sure about technique but will be at 40kg and using decent sized plates so will work on it then.

Now to enjoy the gorgeous day, hopefully

ReputationRep:
    MorrrrrrrrrON. Ugh as if I whacked the bar up to 35 and then sat there wondering why I struggle to press it overhead for 2 reps... oh, maybe because I've stalled on 30 you ****

Anyway

Squat: 5x5 @ 47.5 Felt good
    Overhead: :lol: well 3 @ 35 :rolleyes: and about 6 altogether @ 30.
    So did a few (pretty poor) power cleans at 30 and then 40. Technique was **** but hey, gotta start to learn somewhere.
    Deadlifts: 1x5 @ 55

ReputationRep:
    I vote go for 32.5 for OHP next time.

From 30 to 32.5 is almost 10% increase as it is and going from 30 to 35 is almost 20%(20% would be 36 but close enough).

And cleans are fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    I vote go for 32.5 for OHP next time.

From 30 to 32.5 is almost 10% increase as it is and going from 30 to 35 is almost 20%(20% would be 36 but close enough).

And cleans are fun.
    Haha I'll go to 32.5 once I've got 5x5 @ 30kg... missed last 1 rep on last 2 sets last time I did them! But I'll do it. SUNDAY!!! Then Next Thursday I'll tackle 32.5kg :yep:

I do like cleans. I'll like them more when my technique is a bit better And when I can clean more than 40kg haha.

ReputationRep:
    What a jam packed weekend. I'm still catching up on sleep now... am I even awake?

So along with a busy weekend I've not been able to train or eat properly. But hey, **** happens, brush it aside and get on with it. And it's not like I go out often so I'm not worried about it becoming a habit.

Once I've woken up, and maybe had a cup of green tea or something, I'm gona try out a home workout session of burpees - thanks to the wonderful suggestion from Aivi - to start to incorporate more cardio etc into my week and give me something to do on 'off days'. I'm also going to make dinner and something good for lunch tomorrow so that I'm back on track for the gym.

ReputationRep:
    Lazy lazy girl. Very unorganised and allowed far too much of a bad thing - alcohol and munchies. But I have found that being honest is MUCH better for getting back on track.

So tonight, gona do some home workout Probably use bodyrock ideas, get me back into the frame of mind, might go for a gentle lifting session tomorrow before my usual progression routine on Sunday. No going out planned over the weekend so gona be eating well and preparing proper food for work on Monday

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.