Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you felt pain in your dreams? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I dream in geometric shapes, lines and colours :awesome: (Seriously. I'm not sure WHY. But I always have done. I do also dream in regular events, but I have these abstract-art-style dreams a few times a week or thereabouts.)

ReputationRep:
    I've had a sleep paralysis dream and I couldn't breathe in my dream because I was being choked. When I woke up I was breathless, and my throat felt a little tender as if someone had just taken their hand away. I was too scared to sleep for days

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    I got shot in the stomach by the blond haired German guy from Die Hard in a dream once and woke up with the pain. It's random, I know; I was in one of the French war cemeteries for some reason, being chased by said baddy. It's the only lucid dream I've ever had and I don't ever want to have another. I was so convinced it was real that I checked my stomach :p:.

ReputationRep:
    I was hurt once because of a dream. I dreamt there was a man in my room, walking towards my bed. I was in my bed facing away from the man, not moving and pretending I was asleep, when in actual fact I was awake (in the dream). I waited until the man was right at the side of my bed, for I had come up with a cunning plan. I had my fist clenched, ready to punch him. I counted down in my head, then from a lying away position I did a twisting jump in the air and tried to punch him.

Unfortunately I was lucid dreaming in this instance, so was actually in control of my physical self, and thus it transpired I did not have ninja skills, just a sore head from jumping out of my bed, a sore fist from punching my bedside cabinet, and blood from my grazed knuckles that scraped the edge of the bedside cabinet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.