Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not bad. Keep it up.

You're still just ahead of me on the lifts...

ReputationRep:
    Squat 102.5 3*5 Heavy
    OHP 35 3*5
    Row 50 3*5

ReputationRep:
    Weak sesh - but imma put it down to lack of sleep and it being a friday night
    bench 62.5x5 62.5x4 62.5x5
    squat 105x5 105x2 fail
    deadlift 100x5

ReputationRep:
    squat 100x5 (meant to do 105 but can't add) 105x2 fail 100x5
    ohp 40x5 40x5 40x5
    row 55x5 55x5 55x5

****ing squat being a ***** - may deload to 95/100 and work back up

ReputationRep:
    CBA with squatting today
    Bench 65x5 65x5 65x5 (new PB)
    dead 100x5 110x2 fail

ReputationRep:
    row 60 3*5
    squat 105 3*5 very heavy
    ohp 42.5x4 42.5 x1 fail
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Should do rows last and either squats or overhead pressing first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Should do rows last and either squats or overhead pressing first.
    I would do normaly but there was someone in the rack

ReputationRep:
    Squat 107.5 x3 107.5 x5 (last 2 assisted by spotter) fml
    Bench 67.5 x2 67.5 x2 felt really heavy
    Dead 110 x 5 finally - i want to see this go up

ReputationRep:
    Had some problems lately and have only been able to get back to the gym now - havent been eating properly so I expect some strength has gone

Squat 105*2 fail 100*5 100*4 fail
    Row 65*5 65*5 65*5
    Dead 105*5 actually meant to do 110 but didnt count properly because im a retard

ReputationRep:
    Due to my squat being a douche the last 2 weeks I think i'm going to do something different...
    I'm going to essentially swap squat and dead in my routine for about 2 weeks - so ill be Deadlifting every sesh, squating every other sesh

my reasoning behind this is that my squat has proggressed much more than others and they now need to catch up.... any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Dead 110x5
    OHP 40x5 40x5 40x5 last two reps of final set were tough
    Bench 60x3 65x3 65x3 - this was weird - i feel i may have had the strength for another rep or two but other muscles started contracting - eg in my thigh and then my lower back... was really strange - maybe because i benched last?

I had a 110x5 dead on the 15th of feb - thats about 7 weeks ago... this saturday its going up

ReputationRep:
    Dead 115*5 BOOM
    Row 67.5 3x5
    Squat 80x5 90x5 100x5 - using a wider stance - i think ive had problems with the back hunching (which i know is very dangerous) so im trying to nail it, and hopefully back stringth will go up with the dead and row
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Should be doing squats before rows and deadlifts. Back was probably hunching due to fatigue from deadlifts and/or rows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Should be doing squats before rows and deadlifts. Back was probably hunching due to fatigue from deadlifts and/or rows.
    I know but I did it this way round to ensure i hit the deadlift - didnt push myself on squat and didn't intend to
    When i said i've had problems with my back hunching i mean in the last few sessions - not this one - hence the de-load, looking at form and trying to strengthem the back

ReputationRep:
    I think i'm going to keep going with my dead over squat until dead stalls two sessions in a row - hopefully by back will then be good and ready for some heavy ass squats.
    Also - i'm really pleased with my row - its just shot up - perhaps just catching up with the bench?

ReputationRep:
    hey dude just wanted to ask how tall you were since i read earlier in your blog that you were getting fat, did you manage to lose it? How many cals a day do you eat roughly? Also well done with the lifts, progress is progress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnockoffNeil)
    hey dude just wanted to ask how tall you were since i read earlier in your blog that you were getting fat, did you manage to lose it? How many cals a day do you eat roughly? Also well done with the lifts, progress is progress.
    I'm 5'11

I think the reason i had a bit of a belly was due to the amount of milk i was drinking, which i have since decreased.

Currently weigh about 13 stone 2 pounds, BMI about 25.4 or something

I don't have a clue how many cals I eat per day, its really as many as i can fit in

With regards to being fat - i think it was a bit of an illusion - i certainly got a bit of a belly but my ribcage has also expanded a lot so it wasn't sticking out from my upper chest

ReputationRep:
    It would be nice if I could weigh 13 stone one day. I'm hovering around 11 I think. No doubt i'll be on the 4 pint a day wagon......well i will so there is no doubt. Im hoping that being tall if I do put fat on it wont be as noticable.

ReputationRep:
    I'd live by the philosophy its a lot easier to lose than to gain weight, so eat like a ****ing horse and lift, if some comes on as fat you can get rid of it pretty easily

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.