The Student Room Group

Do people still play board games anymore?

Scroll to see replies

id still play monoply if enough of people would too :smile: i love being the horse and the rider figure hehe
Original post by el scorcho
I played monopoly with a few good mates a couple months ago

a terrible mistake, never again

i know what you mean lol when i was younger none of my family would talk to eachother for like a whole week after the corrupt banker in monoply stealing all the red hotels off other people's property and keeping the good question cards for himself and giving the bad ones to others

in primary school .... we used to kill eachother when they knocked down the jenga game on purpose when the next turn would knock it anyway but they were chicken. you know the timber blocks tower thing you slide out one by one
only really at Christmas, we have a tradition of playing scrabble. I came second this year! Go me! My Dad always wins....:rolleyes:
Chess forever.
Reply 64
Original post by Alpha_Male
What abut Guess Who, Hungry Hippos, etc?

That game was class!
Reply 65
Yeah I do I think it's fine. Chess is the best and some other games are quite good
Reply 66
Brought the stash down from my room to play with the family on Christmas day. :P
Reply 67
Original post by daytona01
lol its a decent way of getting to know people in uni from a geeky perspective :colondollar:

I've played my maths lecturer a few times, he's gooood but not as good as me :cool:

I want to learn how to play again now. You have inspired me, dear boy.
Original post by concubine
Boards games + friends + intoxicants = !!213123

Well, that's my friday night sorted. Cheers :top:
Original post by Smelly Ellie
Good old Trivial Pursuit is still good fun. Christmas is quite a board gamey time if you ask me. So yes, people do still play board games.

Yeh, love a bit of Trivial Pursuit at Christmas. My family are kind of board game geeks so there'll always be a game after dinner. :smile:
Of course. Axis and Allies is the best game ever. Chess is of course great as is Risk.
Reply 71
Sometimes me and my friends play trivial pursuit. It's funny because people get drunk and really wound up.

It's actually funner than freestyle conversation. Yup.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending