Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    id still play monoply if enough of people would too i love being the horse and the rider figure hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el scorcho)
    I played monopoly with a few good mates a couple months ago

a terrible mistake, never again
    i know what you mean lol when i was younger none of my family would talk to eachother for like a whole week after the corrupt banker in monoply stealing all the red hotels off other people's property and keeping the good question cards for himself and giving the bad ones to others

in primary school .... we used to kill eachother when they knocked down the jenga game on purpose when the next turn would knock it anyway but they were chicken. you know the timber blocks tower thing you slide out one by one

ReputationRep:
    only really at Christmas, we have a tradition of playing scrabble. I came second this year! Go me! My Dad always wins....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Chess forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha_Male)
    What abut Guess Who, Hungry Hippos, etc?
    That game was class!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do I think it's fine. Chess is the best and some other games are quite good

ReputationRep:
    Brought the stash down from my room to play with the family on Christmas day. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daytona01)
    lol its a decent way of getting to know people in uni from a geeky perspective

I've played my maths lecturer a few times, he's gooood but not as good as me :cool:

I want to learn how to play again now. You have inspired me, dear boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Boards games + friends + intoxicants = !!213123
    Well, that's my friday night sorted. Cheers :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smelly Ellie)
    Good old Trivial Pursuit is still good fun. Christmas is quite a board gamey time if you ask me. So yes, people do still play board games.
    Yeh, love a bit of Trivial Pursuit at Christmas. My family are kind of board game geeks so there'll always be a game after dinner.

ReputationRep:
    Of course. Axis and Allies is the best game ever. Chess is of course great as is Risk.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes me and my friends play trivial pursuit. It's funny because people get drunk and really wound up.

It's actually funner than freestyle conversation. Yup.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.