The Student Room Group

Why do guys always seem to go for bitches instead of nice girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Misnomer
As a nice girl, I would not want to be with a guy who uses girls in this way. It shows a lack of respect, you should treat all guys properly, how would you feel if you had a sister and a guy saw her as a piece of meat to be used and thrown away?.

I think I will be single all my life to be honest as there are virtually zero guys who respect women.

Yes, there are.
Reply 61
Original post by TotalLifeForever
Yes, there are.

Ok, I may have exaggerated. But you have to admit that they are in the minority? or maybe I am unfortunate to have not met many of them?
Reply 62
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe not always, but I see this happen a lot. I don't get it :confused:. Are nice girls too boring for them or something? I noticed that bitchy people in general tend to be treated better than nicer people (like me :emo: ), and it's so unfair! What's the point in having a good personality when it doesn't even work!? :mad:

Nice people don't seem to be in touch with their attractiveness.
Nice people don't tend to have an attitude where they'd stick up for themselves even in small ways. They don't have a sense of attitude, thus nothing for males/females to try to control/tame.
Nice people in our minds don't seem to be the type to help us enjoy situations/live out situations to it's maximum.
This is different to someone being inexperienced. Inexperienced people are quite fun because they're raptured by situations they haven't had enough experiences of.
You can be nice and be a 'go-getta'
Reply 63
As a nice girl, I would not want to be with a guy who uses girls in this way. It shows a lack of respect, you should treat all guys properly, how would you feel if you had a sister and a guy saw her as a piece of meat to be used and thrown away?.

I think I will be single all my life to be honest as there are virtually zero guys who respect women.

Have fun with that. Personally Im waiting for a perfect angel who breaths rainbows and cries ponies. Learn to deal with the real world ffs. I respect women as much as I respect anything. However I can seperate someone's mind from their body in my mind (nothing spiritual ofc) and say that I see nothing wrong with two people using each other for sex and enjoyment as long as protection is used, but that the sharing of minds doesnt have to be involved.
Reply 64

You are talking about the oldest story in the world. Granted that it's unfair and all, but it's the reality and we have to accept it.

Good news, the c**p does not rain forever and eventually the "nice people" get their due share, too, I promise!

As per the reason you asked, that is as simple as awfully disarming. Guys go for "bitchy" girls as you said for the same reason why girls usually go for "bad boys," because they represent adventure, excitement and the promise of never getting bored, save realizing after a while that not all that glitters is gold!

Especially at younger ages, boredom is your number one enemy, and a bad boy or an easy girl -provided we can simplistically label people that way- represent your way out of the tunnel of boredom. Moreover, for boys there is maybe the sexual component that kicks in: easy girls represent an apparently easier way to satisfy some primary instincts. For girls, the bad boy represents a way of having their feet swept off, so to say, with an apparent promise of adventure and romance that constitute their primary aspiration.

Growing up, some boys -usually the smarter ones- realize that a slutty girl is not enough for them, so they start looking for some kind of all-rounders who can feed their minds and souls other than only their bodies.

Girls -usually all of them and all after learning it the hard way- realize that bad boys are not really good life partners, so they turn to more dependable and reliable people, often the same kind of guy they had mercilessly discarded not too long before.

The conclusion is... CHEER UP! You will be the last laughing, I promise, as long as you keep true to yourself and constantly improve yourself. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Prime example of this, my friend is "bitchy" in the sense that she will say anything and everything and well as I said a bit of a bitch, and she gets all the guys..makes sense now..
Now I know why I'm gay :emo:

But I don't go for the nice or bitchy, I fancy the mad types.
We often don't know, and then find out the hard way :emo:
Reply 68
Nice girls are far too boring. Worse than nice guys.
Reply 69
Original post by mau5
Nice girls are far too boring. Worse than nice guys.

:colonhash: Rubbish

I'll just go and watch Top Gear now. And wallow in my niceness.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 70
nice = boring
Reply 71

And do women respect men? The amount of cheating? The amount of judgments your gender passes? It's muuuuuuuch more than what we do, and you know it.

Trust me, I ditched the nice-guy approach ages ago. Being a gentleman leads you nowhere with women in this day and age.
Reply 72
Original post by rhinger
Nice girls aren't boring. They're just more challenging. That's why men generally stray away from them, when really they're the gems out there.

Nice girls are boring by definition
Ok, I may have exaggerated. But you have to admit that they are in the minority? or maybe I am unfortunate to have not met many of them?

They are probably harder to find due to being less extrovert, but there are very many guys who want nice girls, someone to love. I think you can easily find them, but it all depends on who someone likes. Also most girls do tend to seem to go for the awful guys who don't care for them, though that is a generalisation.
Reply 74
Original post by Lemons
Not the same. Maybe you should check that your 'analogy' works before trying to throw logic at me.

Boys always go for bitches.
Therefore boys never go for nice girls.
Girls with boyfriends must have been 'gone for' by their boyfriend.
Girl must be a bitch.

=> no missing stages

Turtles are green and brown
X is green and brown
X is a turtle

=> missing all green and brown things are turtles.

The trick is the 'always' as used by the OP in their title, if boys always go for bitches then they never go for nice girls. Obviously, she qualified it in the post, but frankly, after reading the title I wasn't that bothered about reading the rest.

Edit: Wow, should have realised you'd neg for pointing out you were wrong :rolleyes:

Good LORD, you can tell you study law. :rolleyes:
Nice girls don't like cum on their face simples!
Reply 76
Maybe not always, but I see this happen a lot. I don't get it :confused:. Are nice girls too boring for them or something? I noticed that bitchy people in general tend to be treated better than nicer people (like me :emo: ), and it's so unfair! What's the point in having a good personality when it doesn't even work!? :mad:

Most people think they're nice people! Hardly any females think they're "bitches".

You've made a generalisation about girls in relationships or girls that get treated nicely (that they're usually bitches)- that's not a very nice thing to do.

You also sound quite whiny, i.e. "life is so unfair" comment. Have a bit of perspective! If the biggest problem you have is that guys don't usually go for you I fail to muster a lot of sympathy.

I tend to find if you're nice to people, they're nice back, so I suggest you work on that.
Original post by agolati
Nice people don't seem to be in touch with their attractiveness.
Nice people don't tend to have an attitude where they'd stick up for themselves even in small ways. They don't have a sense of attitude, thus nothing for males/females to try to control/tame.
Nice people in our minds don't seem to be the type to help us enjoy situations/live out situations to it's maximum.
This is different to someone being inexperienced. Inexperienced people are quite fun because they're raptured by situations they haven't had enough experiences of.
You can be nice and be a 'go-getta'

I can't believe u can say those things!!
For one thing, I consider myself to be a nice girl, not bitchy. But what I don't consider myself is to be someone who couldn't stick up for myself! I certainly don't let ppl mess me around.

& u think that nice girls can't help "us" enjoy life to the max! God, you don't need a slut to enjoy yourself! God, how stereotypical of youself! You obviously wouldn't know what a nice girl looks like if they were staring you in the face!! :P
With nice girls dating the pillocks all we are left with are the bitches!
For starters, I consider myself to be a "nice" girl, not "bitchy". I am a little shy, but if a guy came up to me, I wouldn't go all crazy & giggley & shy. I find it easy to speak to guys actually!

A lot a guys probably find it easier to approach "bitchy" girls (however u may define the word "bitchy") because they can seem more fun & easier to be around than "nice" girls.

That still doesn't mean that "nice" girls at the end of the day aren't fun to be around. They're just a little harder (at first) to get to know & talk to (seeing as "bitchy" girls usually throw themselves on any cute guy & blurt out their whole life story before the guy has a chance to ask them anything!!).

I agree with the apple tree anicdote:
Girls are like
apples on trees. The best
ones are at the top of the tree.
The boys don't want to reach for
the good ones because they are afraid
of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they
just get the rotten apples from the ground
that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples
at the top think something is wrong with
them, when in reality, they're amazing.
They just have to wait for the right
boy to come along, the one
who's brave enough
to climb
all the way
to the top
of the tree.

My life practically goes by that - I'm going to wait until the right guy for me comes along, the one who doesn't judge a girl on whether they look "nice" or "bitchy" but who decides to be brave, man up, & come ask me out! That's all there is to it! As much as "bitchy" girls may seem like the fun ones, don't forget guys the "nice" girls will at least treat u right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending