Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jessie J - why the big hype about her? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    She's a good songwriter who's written for many popular singers. She's also an amazing singer herself:

Do It Like a Dude is not the most amazing song, but I personally love it because it's so catchy and fun to sing and dance to.
    I'm sorry but her voice is far from amazing. Technically it's nothing special and all the emotion seems contrived, I mean she can sing I'm not denying that but she's not amazing.

ReputationRep:
    because she can sing live amazingly well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx-G_bFeHzw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warwickorbristol)
    I'm sorry but her voice is far from amazing. Technically it's nothing special and all the emotion seems contrived, I mean she can sing I'm not denying that but she's not amazing.
    Well, IMO she is. And better than a lot of other popstars you get in the charts.

ReputationRep:
    Well, IMO she is. And better than a lot of other popstars you get in the charts.
    Ah yeah, she probably is. Just amazing singer to me means people like Mary J Blige.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warwickorbristol)
    Ah yeah, she probably is. Just amazing singer to me means people like Mary J Blige.
    I agree, Mary J Blige is amazing too

ReputationRep:
    Do It Like A Dude alllllways gets stuck in my head. It's alright, don't know any others.

Everything should add up to me liking her, but there are some problems I have with her image and the video and her youtube stuff that I haven't quite worked out yet. She reminds me of like, a really lite 2011 Nina Hagen (without the voice obviously)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Do It Like A Dude alllllways gets stuck in my head. It's alright, don't know any others.

Everything should add up to me liking her, but there are some problems I have with her image and the video and her youtube stuff that I haven't quite worked out yet. She reminds me of like, a really lite 2011 Nina Hagen (without the voice obviously)
    Wow, I'd be surprised if you've never heard Price Tag before, it's one of those songs that is always playing on the radio. But if you're someone who completely avoids the radio then I understand :p:

But yeah, Do it like a Dude has that effect on me too

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I'd be surprised if you've never heard Price Tag before, it's one of those songs that is always playing on the radio. But if you're someone who completely avoids the radio then I understand :p:

But yeah, Do it like a Dude has that effect on me too
    I just youtubed it and I don't recognise it, but yeah, I never listen to the radio, so. It wasn't until March that I heard Whip My Hair for the first time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)

that was the first thing I noticed about her. she had just released do it like a dude and I just saw the hair, the skimpy clothes and the wierd video and I just didn't like it! I thought she was just going to be another girl who tries to be shocking and out there to get famous. then I heard price tag then saw other video of her on youtube singing who you are and mamma knows best and I became a fan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_pnFhFjNtY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TswOLHUQFPk

check these out! she's pretty talented!

ReputationRep:
    COS SHE CAN DO IT LIKE A BROTHER, DO IT LIKE A DUDE

plus, she can wear her hat low like you
    :pepsi:

ReputationRep:
    jessie j is just a chav from the 1970s

ReputationRep:
    I have liked all her music so far, it is catchy and good to sing and dance along to. She is also sexy!

ReputationRep:
    She's a brilliant singer, which will become apparent as soon as she makes a decent song.

ReputationRep:
    like Adele, she's ugly.

ReputationRep:
    I admit she's a bit annoying, but she can sing her face off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBN8V9D2lvY

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.