Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do ugly/fat girls get more male attention in clubs than pretty girls? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Impaired vision I guess.

Mind you, if a girl who I don't find attractive tries to start gyrating at me, I walk away!

It also depends on what kind of club you go to I find? It tends to be the horrible pervy old men who try to attract the chunky girls

ReputationRep:
    I've also found it to be the opposite....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, being ugly is down to individual perception, but being fat really isn't - some people are undeniably fat.
    Refer to

(Original post by The Question)
    What you might think is "fat" might actually be what guys i know would call "thick" or "backoff".
    I **** you not I know girls that have called girl who couldnt have weighed more than 9 stones at 5ft 7, fat.

Unless she's a whale, "fat" isn't a generally universal thing either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olivia_w92)
    That made me laugh. A lot.
    I'm glad

Although said as a joke I think there is some truth in that but I myself have never seen ugly/fat girls getting most the attention. Mostly I am assuming it's due to beer goggles and ugly/fat is very subjective these days.

(Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    Well even if that's the case what's the problem ? I know a lot of pretty girls and even if they don't get chatted up as much in clubs the one thing they don't have problems with is getting guys. Are your model friends really struggling to find boyfriends ?

Are your friends fashion models or glamour models ? You know fashion models are chosen based on how much they appeal to women and not men ? I'm not saying they aren't still very attractive but it shouldn't be a case of they go out and they get stalked. Glamour models are the ones that appeal to men more (hence the name)

From the impression I get from some of the more attractive girls I know, they wish people would leave them alone more in clubs. So if the so called ''fat and ugly'' girls are getting some attention and the pretty girls are happy enough then who loses here ?
    There's no problem. It's just something I noticed and was wondering if anyone else had noticed too.

My friends are models who are mainly in music videos (and some adverts), so not the 5ft10 extremely skinny fashion models you might be thinking of. When we went to one of these 'members only' clubs in London, they did get attention. Are these the type of clubs you were talking about? Because if you were, then I agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I go out with a group of my female friends, I notice that the overweight one or the ones that are generally considered ugly get so many guys approaching them on nights out in clubs. The really pretty ones (two of them are models) don't get guys coming up to them anywhere near as much. I've actually noticed this pattern with different groups of my female friends, so I don't think it's a coincidence. Do you think it's because guys assume fat girls or ugly girls are more desperate or have lower standards and are more likely to say 'yes'?
    maybe because girls who think their friends are absolute dogs give off an aura of being a ***** that could well be a turn off?

ReputationRep:
    There's no problem. It's just something I noticed and was wondering if anyone else had noticed too.

My friends are models who are mainly in music videos (and some adverts), so not the 5ft10 extremely skinny fashion models you might be thinking of. When we went to one of these 'members only' clubs in London, they did get attention. Are these the type of clubs you were talking about? Because if you were, then I agree with you.
    Those "members only" clubs, are full of rich guys mainly, and guys generally of higher status.

I think that pretty much answers your question. Your friends are so fit that they scare most ordinary guys.

ReputationRep:
    Is someone jealous?

ReputationRep:

Nah I was talking about the more exclusive clubs. Proper shoes and shirt only etc. Clubs you probably need your name on a list to get into.

Members only club ? Sounds boring as hell. It would always be the same people wouldn't it ? My golf club is members only and my dads cigar club is as well. Can't imagine a nightclub with the same policy being any fun.

ReputationRep:
    Greaaaaattttt, i'll have loadsss of guys around me. Probs because its 'pull a pig day'.

ReputationRep:
    This i got from a very attractive guy he doesn't approach the prettier girls because either they are stuck up or he doesn't think they will want him.

Basically i think this means if you are pretty you have to do all the work. Plus a lot of the times the ugly fat ones tend to be an easier lay.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they're more of a laugh and less stuck up.

ReputationRep:
    My ex and his friends used to try and deliberately get with the most obese or old person they could find, then laugh about it. ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the fat girls look more appealing? :dontknow: Some of the best looking ladies i've seen are on the overweight side of things. That doesn't mean all of them of course.

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen guys going for fat/ugly girls in clubs. They usually go for the quite pretty girls? Maybe not the amazing model girls, but they are probably just scared of rejection.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: So you're basically saying that if I walked into a club tomorrow with my better looking friends I would get hit on by more guys than they would?
    I've never been clubbing, but I doubt that would happen.

ReputationRep:
    If this is the case........................then in a club setting................the concept of "ugly girls" no longer exists as an ugly person is a repulsive person you wouldn't have sex with :lolwut:

Time for a new expression?

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    What's a club? I've been in front of this computer for 5 years since I got it when I was 11.

ReputationRep:
    can i just say, you sound like a lovely friend! 'the ugly ones' maybe theres just a hint of jealousy? anyway i find its the other way round.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.