Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

* First date, where should I take her? (in London) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicideCommando)
    The official TSR pub is "the rocket" in euston. G'WAAAAAN
    You're joking, right? I literally live in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicideCommando)
    The official TSR pub is "the rocket" in euston. G'WAAAAAN
    Ughhh, a guy from TSR has actually taken me there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalo)
    I'm looking for some places where I could take her for a day. We will meet in London next week
    Thanks a lot for advices
    ice skating ( there is lovely place near Trafalgar square, if you walk towards the kings college )

ReputationRep:
    An alleyway. :sexface:

I kid.. Covent Garden?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    Ughhh, a guy from TSR has actually taken me there.
    Despite my post above, this was not me.

ReputationRep:
    I am afraid I cannot recommend specific places, as I don't know London too well. But I can tell you one thing, don't exaggerate on your first date, because if you "show off" too much to impress her, then over the next dates she will be expecting nothing less than that, and if for some reason you cannot deliver, this can result in disappointment on the part of both of you. So, better start on low key and rise

ReputationRep:
    Actually South Bank!!
    At night its bloody beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    My first date with my bf was going to covent garden, having something to drink, then wandering down to the thames, crossing over the river to walk along the south bank, dinner at one of the restaurants there (we had a massive choice), then we had another drink in a bar near charing cross. it was really lovely, not very far to walk and its quite romantic with all the lights down there (in fact at the moment there are loads of fairy lights too)

ReputationRep:
    Covent Garden? Camden Market? The Tower Of London? It's nice to just wander round up there if you don't actually want to pay to go in. Trocadero Arcade!!!

Somerset House if you both like ice skating. A walk along the South Bank? Greenwich? The town centre is beautiful

ReputationRep:
    -Somerset house - there's an ice rink there at the mo
    -There's the Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park till the 4th of January
    - Arsenal vs Man City as someone has said lol
    - Leicester Square - there's an ice cream cafe there and some cinemas but cinema might not be best if this is your first date?
    - Trocadero's
    - Tinsel Town restaurant for milkshakes :coma:
    - If she likes art galleries or museums then maybe you could go Trafalgar Square, I think there's one nearby and there's the square itself with pretty fountains
    - Covent Gardens is meant to be quite nice, I've only been once myself but yeah
    - Or you could just take her to East London somewhere to a kebab shop lol

(Original post by kevin6767)
    Ice Skating is not a good idea unless you are very good and you know she is very good. Last thing you want is to spend most of the time falling over flowed by a trip to A & E when some moron runs over her fingers(source of information: experience...)
    holy **** I forgot about that

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.