Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 2011 going to be a good year for music Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geztival)
    Nah I reckon "music" will continue to whip its hair back and forth whilst doing it like a dude to the sound of Britney trying to do dubstep tbh

...not that I'm a chart hater or anything :P I'm loving The Vaccines at the moment and I'm really looking forward to Foo Fighters new album. It could be a good year I reckon...
    If you like the Foo Fighters then you are definitely not a chart hater.

ReputationRep:
    The Vaccines, Radiohead, Metronomy, Egyptian Hip Hop (maybe), Los Campesinos! considering how fast they come up with albums, Rolo Tomassi...

ReputationRep:
    It depends on whatever people like.

ReputationRep:
    As long as Justin Bieber, Ke$ha and Willow Smith don't release any music for the whole of 2011, I'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    ..I heard the boyband Blue are getting back together :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magical Moogles)
    It is speculated that Kate Bush will release some new material this year. Any news about Kate Bush, gets me really excited!

But still...Kate Bush! :blush: It would be amazing if it's a new album. Aerial was fantastic and shows she still has it.
    Yes me too I was excited!

I can't see 2011 topping 2010 (not complimentary on either fronts), but Kate might save the year.

ReputationRep:
    new yellowcard album at the end of march, i've been waiting like 4 years for some new stuff from them, if thats as good as i hope it will be then 2011 will have been a good year musically for me

ReputationRep:
    hopefully ther'll be some new gaga and fingers crossed the black eyed peas come out with several new albums- they just keep getting better

2010 was Y2kBEP let's see what 2011 will bring

ReputationRep:
    The Strokes have a new album coming out in March I think. Plus, the rumoured line up for Leeds and Reading '11 sounds quality! (Even though I don't take the rumours too seriously)..

So yeah, seems like it's going to be a good year! (Just as long as I keep the radio firmly switched off for a good eleven months) :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartimplode)
    :facepalm:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Alestorm and Amon Amarth are releasing albums in the next few months.
    Fen's new album is out in a few days.
    Ensiferum are doing 'something' this year, probably a 2012 release.
    Forefather are going into the studio soonish, if they're as quick as they were last time then we'd be looking at a late 2012 or early 2013 release.
    There's a new Burzum album too, which I may check out.
    Possibly a new Winterfylleth album this year too.

Should be a good year, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Will be hitting some major festivals so hopes there are some new decent live acts.

2010 was good, hopefully some more decent stuff will come out of England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metro2610)
    :facepalm:
    My thoughts, exactly.

Hm, looking forward to The Strokes' new album! :cool: 5 years ..oh my.

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts, exactly.

Hm, looking forward to The Strokes' new album! :cool: 5 years ..oh my.
    I know! Hard to believe it's that long since First Impressions of Earth :eek:

You heard the new single?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackshadow)
    If Justin Bieber dies.
    They're releasing a movie about him this year :facepalm2: - I mean what has he actually done besides getting incredibly lucky and being a heart throb to adolescent girls?

Funnily enough, movies about famous artists are normally made after they are dead. Maybe thats a sign :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by you killed kenny)
    new yellowcard album at the end of march, i've been waiting like 4 years for some new stuff from them, if thats as good as i hope it will be then 2011 will have been a good year musically for me
    I share your excitement! I can't wait for the album.

ReputationRep:
    Radiohead
    Bob Dylan (possibly)
    Fleet Foxes

Off the top of my head, that sounds pretty decent to me, but obviously, the really good stuff is that which takes you by surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chinaberry)
    Yes me too I was excited!

I can't see 2011 topping 2010 (not complimentary on either fronts), but Kate might save the year.
    ahhh nice to see your keeping up with kate can't wait for this alleged new material...

ReputationRep:

They will be representing the UK in Eurovision. Apparantly the BBC think the public made bad decisions about Eurovision choices, so they took it upon themselves to get Blue to do it...

ReputationRep:
    Detox

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.