Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

guys that wear 'guy cleavage' tops. . . Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauriC)
    I quite like seeing good looking men wearing them because yanno, I'm a bit of a perv

But I can't say that I would necessarily be attracted to someone wearing them, ohhh no.

But the Topman one really isn't all that bad, I could let that pass
    This. + rep

ReputationRep:
    They're gross, they're so gross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noaksey)
    I was thinking the same thing earlier! Besides, I know who will be the first to innovate such things for men...*

*Topman, the pioneers of god-awful fashion of course!
    I think they got his ankles out to distract from those hideous clogs on his feet.
    I can't really justify the use of the neckerchief though :erm:

Loving their use of brown in the background

ReputationRep:
    They all look terrible. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Douchebag.

Is the only word that comes to mind when I see a guy wearing those tops. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Proper gay.

ReputationRep:
    gay...

any guy who wears that and claims to be straight needs to be honest with themselves

ReputationRep:
    I was out in town in Leicester a few days ago and noticed that most of the "guys" were wearing not v-necks but intentionally deep ones that gave a kind of man-cleavage look.

For example: -

A random one;

Another random one;

..or even this from Topman (I tell you, Topman doesn't half come out with complete crap).

What made me laugh is that they are all in a group, and they're are all wearing them. You know how girls generally help each other out with what to wear for a night out and stuff? It's like they've done exactly the same with each other.

Are these the "I don't want to come out of the closet yet" look? And do girls like the look of these on guys or what?!

Unless you're in JLS- please don't wear a guy cleavage top.:banghead: so so wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I think people who wear them are either gay or very feminine.

I know a straight guy who wears one, he has a girlfriend and all. But he's very feminine, he does self tan and everything. And the second guy in the pictures in OP looked gay as well.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: did they think they were in a boy-band or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelykatana)
    The funny thing is I like a lot of top man clothes, but I would rather kill my self with a spork than wear them in the same manner topman models do!
    Some of their clothes are just.... What the **** were they thinking?!

Same goes for the topshop models too! They look like such idiots
    Yeh I agree. Every now and again Topman has some "alright" stuff in but I have no idea what they are trying to achieve sometimes, especially with the clothes you see the models in (like my number 3 pic).

I bet women don't have this problem with Topshop. But then, most women look good in anything anyway! Even better if they aren't wearing anything though I guess...

Someone has obviously thought that women's fashion can just be copied over to mens fashion. Soon we'll be wearing short skirts (but it's OK, it'll have "Henleys" plastered over the back of it to make it manly)

Edit: actually, to emphasise that last point, look at this picture (yes, it's a guy... apparently).

Aha, that video was brilliant! (favorited).

(Original post by Liam_G)
    I think they got his ankles out to distract from those hideous clogs on his feet.
    I can't really justify the use of the neckerchief though :erm:

Loving their use of brown in the background
    It's those trousers that get me. Why can they not be 'full length'?!

(Original post by Cybele)
    Douchebag.

Is the only word that comes to mind when I see a guy wearing those tops. :mmm:
    I think that is the general consensus. The problem is, they seem to be popular at night time...or maybe it's just Leicester!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smelly Ellie)
    Ridiculous. Especially when accompanied by the 'I've just pooed myself' pants.

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ce&pageSize=20
    My brain actually screamed in pain at the very thought of it :eek:

ReputationRep:
    these tops do look good if you have a muscular chest and you shave it! so i dont know why so many people are against them.

it's not gay; that's like saying you're gay if you wear pink - move with the times people ! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeky_chappy)
    these tops do look good if you have a muscular chest and you shave it! so i dont know why so many people are against them.

it's not gay; that's like saying you're gay if you wear pink - move with the times people ! haha
    I just vommed in my mouth a little.

ReputationRep:
    Watch the vid in my sig... it compliments this thread rather nicely

ReputationRep:
    If you've got it, flaunt it

ReputationRep:
    And do girls like the look of these on guys or what?!
    No *shudder*

These are actually known as douchebag-necks and for good reason.

ReputationRep:
    I was out in town in Leicester a few days ago and noticed that most of the "guys" were wearing not v-necks but intentionally deep ones that gave a kind of man-cleavage look.

For example: -

A random one;

Another random one;

..or even this from Topman (I tell you, Topman doesn't half come out with complete crap).

What made me laugh is that they are all in a group, and they're are all wearing them. You know how girls generally help each other out with what to wear for a night out and stuff? It's like they've done exactly the same with each other.

Are these the "I don't want to come out of the closet yet" look? And do girls like the look of these on guys or what?!
    Finally a thread on this subject! I HATE those tops! In fact, I think they look bad on women, too - I only like them on women because I get to see some t**s.

ReputationRep:
    ..... Are gay.

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.