Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dating a guy in his 40s - found out he's pretending to be a 20 y/o online??!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    thanks so much for the helpful post

i know, thanks, but its taken 2 years and i still only love him even though ive dated a few other dudes. you are so so right but i just cant get over him so im wanting to get back with him.
    From what you've said it sounds like the relationship would just crumble. It doesn't look positive, your call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Didn't you you're really hot?

If that's the case then why did you need to get a BF from online, and why was he your first at 21? O.o

Dedicated troll.
    oh no, sorry guys - we didnt meet online! he uses online dating profiles which i found using google after we started dating.

and yeah although i'd dated a few dudes before, he is the only dude i have fallen deeply and definately in love with, like before that i hadnt ever really kissed a dude and meant it.

and yeah although i am hot i dont have lots of boyfs and am ususally single.i dont belive in sex before marriage and only believe in dating for finding a husband!

i belive in the word of the Lord!!!
    do not fornicate or have premarital relations!! 1 Thessalonians 4:3-7
    do not cohabitate, avoid the appearance of sin!!: 1 Thessalonians 5:22
    respect the sanctity of the union of husband and wife!! Mark 10:9
    do not divorce or remarry!! Matthew 5:31-32
    but when i meet dudes and i tell them to turn to the Lord and tell thm the above, they laugh at me and either string me along cheating on me, or dump me.

what would you do if a real smokin hot, brown skinned, big racked, large a$$d honey told you the above? would you still date her?

if a foxy mama approached you forcefully in a modest yet highly sensual way and told you to turn away from sin and abstain yourself, what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    tldr

ReputationRep:
    You should quit being played around.

ReputationRep:
    what would you do if a real smokin hot, brown skinned, big racked, large a$$d honey told you the above? would you still date her?
    Definitely not.

if a foxy mama approached you forcefully in a modest yet highly sensual way and told you to turn away from sin and abstain yourself, what would you do?
    Run away. I'd be worried she's trying to recruit me into some kind of cult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.student)
    in all seriousness. report him. the man is freak. he s obviously got issues.
    For what exactly ? I don't see the problem here. The age of consent in the UK (assuming you're in the UK) is 16 ... and he's requesting 18+. There is nothing wrong with having a thing for younger women as long as they are legal (I mean normal legal not Iceland legal).

To the OP, the guy sounds like a compulsive liar and to be frank a complete loser. Also you mentioned he was an ex-teacher. Might want to make sure he's not been up to naughties.

If he ever does show feelings for anyone below 16 then report the ****er straight away but his taste in women appears to be normal despite him being a bit lot of a tool.

ReputationRep:
    Stay the hell away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    For what exactly ? I don't see the problem here. The age of consent in the UK (assuming you're in the UK) is 16 ... and he's requesting 18+. There is nothing wrong with having a thing for younger women as long as they are legal (I mean normal legal not Iceland legal).

If he ever does show feelings for anyone below 16 then report the ****er straight away but his taste in women appears to be normal despite him being a bit lot of a tool.
    dude youre right. dont MOST IF NOT ALL men prefer gals age 16-26? regardless of whether that guy is 14 or 40 or even 60, dont all men fancy girls in that range? so really is it that weird if my dude fancies young 'uns? what makes it creepy if it is normal? and why dont ALL men in their 40-60s have girlfriends age 16-26 or at least date that range exclusiveley? why would a guy date anyone over 26?
    • TSR Support Team

dude youre right. dont MOST IF NOT ALL men prefer gals age 16-26? regardless of whether that guy is 14 or 40 or even 60, dont all men fancy girls in that range? so really is it that weird if my dude fancies young 'uns? what makes it creepy if it is normal? and why dont ALL men in their 40-60s have girlfriends age 16-26 or at least date that range exclusiveley? why would a guy date anyone over 26?
    Why don't all men date people under 26, because some guys are actually loyal to their partners. Maybe in your little warped mind all guys over 40 want a girl under 25, but that is not the case.

no trolls, personal attacks or nasty comments please :centipe:

ok a couple years ago i met the love of my life, i was 21 and he said he was a 28 year old musician. he was my first bf and i was a virgin. but i later found out that he was actually a 38 y/o busker (ex teacher) diveorced, broke and living with his parents.

when i found out his real age, i asked him if i was the biggest age gap he had dated and he said no. he was regularly dating under 21s and lying to them about his age pretending to be a super cool musician in his 20s to get girls into bed since most girls under 21 are so in awe of any guy who owns a car, cooks them dinner other than pot noodles and is a wannabe famus musician

i later found a few online dating profiles and social networking and his youtube profile all in which he pretended to be 28. he is very hot and had professional photos shirtless and looking like a musician, saying he was looking for girls 18+, and the same on his myspace page. he can get away with it as he is hot, but it seemed weird to me.

EDIT: we then dated for one and a half years

I think about him alot and want to get back with him. the other day i randomly gogled him to see if he had finally released the album he had been working on for the past few years.

he is now almost 42 but i found he had recently made a blog with all his music, shirtless musician pics and a biography about how he was an up and coming musician gonna be big about to relase an album (its been 8 years he has been working on it) but he listed his age as 20.

this seems really weird to me, he must be looking to date girls under 20 ie teenagers and doesnt seem normal behaviour for a man in his early 40s.

i want to get back with him and hopefully marry him (im 25) but this stuff makes me think he is a paedo or else mentally unstable. could there be any other explaination? is it a normal mid life crisis? it seems weird to me.
      So he is basically a douche loser musician (failed) who is divorced, lives with his parents, can only cop off with girls too silly and naive to relaise the above facts.

What a catch.

Maturity?
        Ability to hold a conversation without saying 'like'?

Because some women get hotter as they get older..?
        http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...NpX-pMkhDMCJGE
        http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...:0&tx=38&ty=67

ReputationRep:
        Have you reported him to the police yet?

ReputationRep:
        can you see you're kinda dooming the prospects any relationship you might rekindle with this guy right there?

seems like you want to settle down long term and he still wants to be jack the lad constantly shagging all the 20 year olds he can get his hands on by lying to them.

I don't understand why you'd want to keep repeating the same mistake and expecting different outcomes.

ReputationRep:
        Did you report him to the police.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by kilowattjester)
        Did you report him to the police.
        is there a stupid comment competition on today?

what on earth makes you think the police give a monkeys about people lying about their age on dating websites?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Joinedup)
        is there a stupid comment competition on today?

what on earth makes you think the police give a monkeys about people lying about their age on dating websites?
        haha :top:

thanks for your reply. but generally, not just in my case, if MOST IF NOT ALL men prefer gals age 16-26 regardless of whether they are 14 or 40 or even 60
        why isnt evry woman who is still single at 26 not still single at 60? if a dude is always gonna prefer younger ones?

ReputationRep:
        Obviously you're too old for him now.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by xayshx)
        damn...why would you wanna spend the rest of your life with a liar
        you SHOULD get negged, just for your sig. though im not a compulsive rep-giver, so i didn't.

ReputationRep:
        I cannot fathom how ANYONE could be this stupid.

ReputationRep:
        haha :top:

thanks for your reply. but generally, not just in my case, if MOST IF NOT ALL men prefer gals age 16-26 regardless of whether they are 14 or 40 or even 60
        why isnt evry woman who is still single at 26 not still single at 60? if a dude is always gonna prefer younger ones?
        I think most men will still be attracted to girls who are around 18, however old they are. But that doesn't mean they want to go out with women that age. You want different things in a relationship when you get older, and young girls probably won't want the same things. I mean I sometimes find 16 year olds attractive, but no way would I go out with someone that young. I mean they're probably still in school, that would be unbelievably weird even if it is legal.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2011
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.