Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Calling all girls, best mascara/recommendations? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I really like Yves St. Laurent mascara but that's way too expensive
    My favorite drugstore mascara is L'oreal voluminising(sp?)
    it's soo good, it makes my lashes longer, thicker, and gives it curl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega Nerd)
    I used to use one from Avon that was brill! Sadly, they discontinued it I also used a double ended rich and length one, I can't remember the name, it's probably still with the rest of my make-up somewhere as I don't remember throwing it out - one end was white and thickened them and the other was your normal mascara, it was amazing!

Next best thing i've used was the Maybelline collosal that everyone else is talking about. I've also found that when moisturising if you get a TINY amount and just apply it from the roots of your lashes up it makes the mascara go on better, whether that's just me or what, or I use a really cheap clear mascara as a base before hand.

Not tried the falsies yet, one of my friends told me not to get it as when she tried it her eyes stuck together! So, I don't know whether to or not.
    Which one did you use? I use Supershock, and its similar to my old favourite MaxFactor (cant remember name) but cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Which one did you use? I use Supershock, and its similar to my old favourite MaxFactor (cant remember name) but cheaper.
    I remember using a few, one was called astonishing lengths and the other was something curves, dashing curves maybe. I loved the brushes on them! I loved them that much I washed them and used them in my other mascaras! Gee, I was sad. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Clinique High Impact is my favourite. Also love Maybelline Colossal..

ReputationRep:
    I have Maybelline Full n' Soft, pretty good IMO and it's very cheap on Amazon. Quite like Rimmel Sexy Curves too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helendarunner)
    Body shop curl mascara cant beat it it curls lashes in front of your eyes! lols
    What exactly is it called? I wanna buy it.

ReputationRep:
    I use the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes mascara and absolutely love it!
    I might buy the Maybelline or Diorshow mascara, though since every on here seems to be raving about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    Maybelline Colossal, literally swear by it.

I've tried more expensive mascaras but that one stands out.
    This. I change my mascara quite a lot but I've stuck with this for ages and ages. Plus Boots and Superdrug have 3 for 2 offers on a lot so you can stock up

ReputationRep:
    I just bought L'oreal Volume Million Lashes- it's very good. The last one I used was Rimmel and it was really good too and it didn't smudge, but now that I've tried L'oreal I would say it is better. It gives more volume, the colour is more intense and the feel is fuller if that makes sense lol

ReputationRep:
    MAYBELLINE COLLOSAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

but thats because i like the really black and thick look for my lashes, some girls like them to still look natural and just long? if you know what i mean?
    what look are you hoping for? do you do your eyes heavy or light?

ReputationRep:
    The Clinique one is really good, any of the no. 7 ones are **** though or benefit is good

ReputationRep:
    Maxfactor falsh lash effect fo' sure or l'oreal million lashes in extra black is pretty good too

ReputationRep:
    No7 Exceptional Definition (the one in a green tube) is really nice, it doesn't clump and it makes my lashes look a lot longer. I agree with DubarryGroom though, most of the No7 ones are a bit crap. Exceptional Definition is the exception

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega Nerd)
    I remember using a few, one was called astonishing lengths and the other was something curves, dashing curves maybe. I loved the brushes on them! I loved them that much I washed them and used them in my other mascaras! Gee, I was sad. :rolleyes:
    Oh, I plan to use my brush to brush lashes too It has soft plastic bristles, so should be ok
    I never tried ones you mentioned, although I need something curling.

ReputationRep:
    Another heads up for maybelline falsies, only mascara I've ever tried that I've actually gone out and bought another one of :P Only if you like noticeable lashes though! Much better than colossal imo, although that one isn't too bad either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    I use the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes mascara and absolutely love it!
    I might buy the Maybelline or Diorshow mascara, though since every on here seems to be raving about it!
    JensenAcklesfanJensenAcklesfanJe nsenAcklesfanJensenAcklesfanJens enAcklesfan!!
    Hi

ReputationRep:
    Maybelline Collosal! I swear by it also! :laugh:

I usually use it with my Estee Lauder eyelash primer and then the collosal... it works an absolute treat :love:

ReputationRep:
    I love Diorshow by Dior but I found it didn't hold my curl very well. I'm now using the latest Chanel creation which is just heaven, holds curl, lengthens, and makes them look thicker :love: But still looks natural enough for everyday use.

For more stand out lashes I use a Clarins one, and people ask if I've got false lashes on Although I have to brush this through with a clean brush to stop clumping

ReputationRep:
    I've never used drug-store mascaras, but when I tried Falsies by Maybelline, I was totally impressed!

It's as good or even better than all other high-end brands that I've used in the past!

ReputationRep:
    loreal million lashes
    bottle looks great and i get mistaken for having false lashes in

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.