Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ME TOO! and this is coming from someone who could revise before, but this time I CAN'T. I do like 2 pages a day which takes so much effort I'm so pissed off with myself.

ReputationRep:
    I always get a massive urge to tidy my room as soon as I sit down to revise :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Your 14, what exams have you got? Mini ones? LAWL.
    Dude i know of a 16 year old who just graduated from qmul maths, and has got a contract with Goldman Sachs.... anything's possible

ReputationRep:
    I have 5 exams in January and 3 of them are self-taught. FML

ReputationRep:
    story of my life. My Mother thinks I'm studying right now. Little does she know, I'm on TSR replying to pointless threads

ReputationRep:
    Same here, I've got 5 all in the same week.

I've spent too long reading about time travel

ReputationRep:
    i cbf to revise. leaving everything in gods hands. what happens is what destiny has written for me and i got to learn to lvie with that im not worried . going out new years ever .
    Life is temporary so your better off enjoying it. i could die tomorow!!

ReputationRep:
    THANK THE LORD THIS THREAD MAKES ME FEEL ALOT BETTERR HAHAA
    i have 4 exams in january c1 m1 busstud as1 and eco as1
    ive been planning to revise like 10hours a day but in the past 3 weeks ive did about 4hours of the same subject mmmmmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryKoi)
    Thankss, you too!!

Oh wow, I'm only in my AS year. Biology, Chemistry, Maths (all in the same week) and then Psychology the week after. Good luck with your exams.
    i used 2 do maths biology and chemistry tooo was gona go into medicine but changed my mind at the last minute and went into law instead lol

ReputationRep:
    C1 Maths exam in January, haven't even opened my bag since I left college More worried about the tonnes of product design coursework which i've got left to do.
    Everytime I go to do it I just force myself to do some other random thing shopping, cleaning you name it! Just can't revise!

ReputationRep:
    I keep finding something else to do, sub-consciously telling myself, oh i have to finish this off before i do my revision, knowing its excuses im trying to find to run away from revision, , im sooo going to regret this yet I dont know why I cant motivate myself,
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koyes uddin)
    i used 2 do maths biology and chemistry tooo was gona go into medicine but changed my mind at the last minute and went into law instead lol
    Awwwww, I'm glad it worked out for you in the end!

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard of Adderall? Its a prescription drug used to treat ADD... my experience of the drug can be described like this:

"You know how when you decide to work and you get some done after 10-15 minutes, and then your mind wanders a bit and you consider checking Facebook or your email etc? Adderall to me is like a light tap on the shoulder saying: "hey, you don't need to do that, you're doing just fine working. Keep going." And I continue working.

Consider it.

ReputationRep:
    HHAHAHAHAHHA...... dude this is the story of my life i got exams on the 10, 12th and 14th.

i keep thinking of other things like what is the purpose of life lol

the other day for some reason i felt like watching the biography of gandhi for no particular reason instead of revising lol wdf
    loooooooool, i have 6 exams and have also been watching weird documentaries, just to take my mind of revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrishPerson)
    my 1st two tests are on the 10th AND I LITERALLY CANT STUDY!
    I HAVE NO CONCENTRATION IM STARTING TO REALLY WORRYYYYYYYYYY

HHAHAHAHAHHA...... dude this is the story of my life i got exams on the 10, 12th and 14th.

i keep thinking of other things like what is the purpose of life lol

the other day for some reason i felt like watching the biography of gandhi for no particular reason instead of revising lol wdf

(Original post by Paranoid//Android)
    :five:

Same here, I haven't started yet and my first one is on the 13th, the other one is a resit on the 20th. I've had family up and too many opportunities to go to the pub for me to be motivated to revise.

BTW, do you know you did a rhyme? Haha

(Original post by veux)
    I always find it harder to revise in the holidays. Much easier to work hard when you;re at college and you have frees when even the worst procrastinator can't convince themselves they have anything better to do.

(Original post by SergioMZ)
    You're not the only one.

Welcome to the club.

(Also C1 and C2 on the 10th?)

(Original post by Smelly Ellie)
    Today I tidied my room. That is how desperate I am to not revise.
    Just wanted to know how well everyone on here is expecting to do?
    as in are you all stupid, or are people actually predicted high grades and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damidude)
    as in are you all stupid, or are people actually predicted high grades and stuff?
    LOL - they're probably all going to As in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Care-Free)
    I have exams on the 10th, 13th and 21st, so far ive spent 10 minutes staring at the same page of a book wondering why i'm not taking any of it in....that was last week, i haven't even attempted to revise since then.
    I have however watched all 3 series of the big bang theory and the 1st series of heroes...
    Woooo!! I've just started rewatching the first series of heroes too, well a few days ago. Its so so so so sooo much better than chemistry and physics!

ReputationRep:
    Not an A Level student but I am one of those who can't. I am getting pretty scared about them but I am as unmotivated as ever. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damidude)
    Well I'm predicted AAA, I've got two exams in January, one being a resit though. It should be alright, but June resits for one exam are looking tempting, the motivation for revising over the christmas holidays is yet to appear!

ReputationRep:
    i was predicted ABC but i could easily get AAA if i tried to revise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.