Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fit to fight, fit for life! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Nice lifts all round. Time to start on proper chin ups i reckon now...

As long as you can make 3 or 4 then you'll be doing well and will be able to make progress...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Nice lifts all round. Time to start on proper chin ups i reckon now...

As long as you can make 3 or 4 then you'll be doing well and will be able to make progress...
    You're right - I've been pussying out on them cos they really require a lot of work, and I don't want to be working too hard on assistance lifts.

Which is the one with your palms facing away from you? Are they chin-ups? I've been doing those, but I don't know which one is which. I find palms facing in reasonably easy, but palms facing away hard (hence the negatives).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blutarsky)
    You're right - I've been pussying out on them cos they really require a lot of work, and I don't want to be working too hard on assistance lifts.

Which is the one with your palms facing away from you? Are they chin-ups? I've been doing those, but I don't know which one is which. I find palms facing in reasonably easy, but palms facing away hard (hence the negatives).
    The assistance lifts are after my main lifts anyway so i don't care if i'm knackered after, i'm normally knackered before them. Especially on Deadlift days...

Pull ups is wide grip palms away.
    Chin ups is close grip palms facing you.

That's what i use anyway...
    Can do 10 chin ups but only 5 pull ups...
    Started off doing 3 then 2 on pull ups and managed 5 then 3 today so it's getting better...

Could probably do a few more but this is at the end of a SS session...

ReputationRep:
    Skipped a workout today because my legs were dead from 3 5-a-side matches and a hockey game, and I was tired from the Superbowl. Still feel really annoyed as I haven't eaten much in the past few days.

If I don't perform tomorrow, I'll sleep loads and nail it on Thursday/Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    Workout B

Squat - 5 5 5 90kg (Felt good - legs still a bit tired though)
    Press - 5 5 5 42.5kg (Managed all reps)
    Row - 5 5 5 50kg (Too easy)

I went out Saturday night and went to bed at 4am - haven't slept much in the past few nights, so I'm happy that I can repeat last week's lifts.

Trying to figure out my 5rm for rows - it isn't 50.

I hate press, but at least I can do 42.5kg for the full 3x5 now. Might consider an increase next workout, depends how I feel.

Had ****ty diet the past four days. I haven't been feeling hungry. I seriously need to focus if I'm going to achieve anything by the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Workout A

Squat 5 5 5 - 92.5kg PB
    Bench 5 5 5 - 62.5kg PB
    Deadlift 5 - 112.5kg PB
    Brocep krlz 8 8 8 10kg
    I'm going to start recording 'personal bests' as I'm starting to slow down progression to 2.5kg a week on all my lifts. Plus, when you achieve a PB, it feels good

Diet was dirty but good today. Bacon and beans, loads of milk, gammon steak, large meat pizza from Dominos. Tasty ****.

Form was poor on first set of squats, so I changed my stance and not only was form better, but the lifting was easier. You live and you learn.

In 6 weeks, my gunz have grown an inch, which is pretty cool. Pumped up, I've got 14inch arms which retreats to 13 after a while. Progression was had.

ReputationRep:
    Nice lifts Blutarsky.

You're officially kicking my ass on everything now...
    (Except chins, my 1 last thing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Nice lifts Blutarsky.

You're officially kicking my ass on everything now...
    (Except chins, my 1 last thing)
    Thanks

Lol I'm going to have to really pull my finger out on those I like doing gaycep curls though!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Lol I'm going to have to really pull my finger out on those I like doing gaycep curls though!
    Same, and i did mine with 12kg last time:P

Gonna up the reps a bit this workout on the 12s and then move up next workout to the 14s...

I'll be built like Johnny Bravo in no time...

ReputationRep:
    Workout B

Power Cleans 4x3 - 55kg (Easy, don't like them though)
    Push Press 5 5 5 - 47.5kg (Not too bad)
    Rows 5 5 5 - 50kg (Easy, need to up the weight)

Crap session today.
    Played 2 games of 5-a-side on Friday, had a hockey match yesterday and another 5-a-side match tonight. My legs are tired as it is, so I thought I'd give them a slight rest today, laying off the squats. I'm lifting again tomorrow (to get back on schedule) so I'll need my leg energy

I liked the push press. I can do heavier weight (obviously) which will hopefully help my regular press. Gonna do push press in B on my ABA week, then regular on BAB.

ReputationRep:
    Illness has blighted my lifting and eating for the past few days This was just a session to get back on track.

Workout A

Squat 5 5 5 - 90kg
    Bench 5 5 5 - 60kg
    Deadlift 5 - 110kg (Felt VERY heavy)

I've had very little sleep, food and drink in the past few days and I kinda feel weak at the moment. Hope I can get back to gaining ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    Workout B

Squat 5 5 5 - 92.5kg (form was good, very controlled. Relatively easy)
    Push-press 5 5 5 - 50, 47.5, 45kg (hurt my shoulder doing power cleans last workout, flaired up today)
    Rows 5 5 5 5 - 50kg (I hate these - doesn't feel like I'm doing anything)
    Curls 8 8 8 - 10kg (First set felt extremely easy, last set was a mission)

Squats felt really good. I was apprehensive, but after the first rep it was great.

My left shoulder is giving me some trouble - it doesn't hurt during the lift, but after when I put the weight down. God knows what's wrong. I'll take a rest from press for a week or so, see how I go.

Rows. I hate 'em. They only make my legs/back ache from bending over, cos I'd just done squats. I suppose I'll just keep doing it :p:

My diet isn't good at the moment. I'm not eating enough for lunch. Breakfast is fine, dinner is pretty good, but lunch is difficult. Any tips as to what I can have for lunch?

ReputationRep:

My diet isn't good at the moment. I'm not eating enough for lunch. Breakfast is fine, dinner is pretty good, but lunch is difficult. Any tips as to what I can have for lunch?
    Quadruple egg sandwich?

Peanut butter sandwiches with epic amounts of PB inside them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.