Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SILLY NAMES FOR INNOCENT KIDS-Would you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    There's a chinese person who lives near me and their name is 'Fuk Mei'. no joke!!

ReputationRep:
    Someone in Nuneaton changed their name to Megatron......works in Sainsburys too

now cant afford to change back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    I quite like the name 'Turgay,' pronounced like 'Tour-guy,' but I don't think I'd ever name a son with such a name.

Looking at the responses on this thread, I still can't see anything worse than 'Semen.'
    No Semen tops them all
    I really do think that in years to come parents should have like convention like the ones in America for children with 'special' names and they should be assesed.

ReputationRep:
    I have a (male) cousin called Courtney.
    His facebook bio just says "that boy with the girls name"
    Poor kid.

Oh, and I've also heard of a pair of Korean twins living in the US with the names America and Korea.
    Like... really.

ReputationRep:
    I know a Sameli, you can guess how that's pronounced. Funny seeing cover teachers pause before reading it off the register.

ReputationRep:
    there were two chinese girl who went to my college called Manki Lee and another called Cham Poo.

but people who name their children 'Gorgeous' or 'Jewel' or 'Unique' :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Someone said they knew twins with the name "Sam" and "Ella"....sounds great when they're said together. Or not.

ReputationRep:
    I want to call my kid rover
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering calling my son (if I have one) Jack.

Spoiler:
    Show
    My boyfriend's surname is Russell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    You will never beat these names:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-I-twins.html

Why Miss Foss gave her children such exotic names

Sara Foss and Stephen Smith have enjoyed conjuring up wild and wacky names for their 13 children.
    We've listed them, from oldest to youngest, and given Sara's reasons for their names.
    Patrick – named after Sara's grandmother's surname of Patrick
    Stephen – after his doting dad, Stephen
    Malachai – after a character in the horror film, Children of the Corn
    Peppermint – after Sara started craving mints during her fourth pregnancy
    Echo – after a group of eco-campaigners who Stephen met during a job at work
    Eli – another character in the 1984 film Children of the Corn
    Rogue – a character in the film X-Men
    Frodo – hobbit in Lord of the Rings
    Morpheus – a character in film, The Matrix, staring Keanu Reeves
    Artemis – book character, Artemis Fowl, an obnoxious teenage criminal
    Blackbird – named after a gathering of blackbirds which flew onto Sara's lawn
    Baudelaire – named after the Baudelaire orphans which featured in Lemony Snicket's film A Series of Unfortunate Events
    Voorhees – named after serial killer, Jason Voorhees in the horror movie, Friday The 13th

Frodo?!
    It was going so well up until the 3rd, maybe 4th one. You could probably get away with calling a kid Malachai.

"Blackbird – named after a gathering of blackbirds which flew onto Sara's lawn" :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tNod)
    I know a Sameli, you can guess how that's pronounced. Funny seeing cover teachers pause before reading it off the register.
    How would you pronounce it?
    I hope its not as i think or we may have just over taken 'Semen'

ReputationRep:
    In my first week at Freshers we were at some bloc party in halls and everybody was introducing themselves to everybody else, and there was this lad called "Bunny" in one of the other halls. It being Freshers and all, everybody made a polite "aahh...nice to meet you" and kept their surprise to themselves, till he introduced himself to this big loud Geordie lad who just went "Why-the-FOOOOK are yer called THAT???"
    still makes me laugh to this day to think of hearing that Geordie accent booming out

ReputationRep:
    My mum's middle name is Euphoria but I don't think that's too bad
    A girl I know is called Evan, feel so sorry for her..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turnitup)
    [FONT="Georgia"]

So my question is what is THE most ludicrous name you have heard and Would you subject your child (if you want them) to a 'special' name?
    No word of a lie and I kid you not I have 7 cousins with the stupidest backwards names in the world LOOOL they all named after weather types lol its soo funny our whole family takes the mic out of them Haha it’s a good conversation start though when a room goes quite, by the way I have 7 cousins with stupid names. These are the actally names on there birth certificates!?!

Storm (girl) , Winter (girl), Sunshine (girl), Raindrop (girl), Lighting (boy), Bolt (boy) & baby Fog (boy) who was born 10 days ago he’s so cute and so many years of name calling to come lol.

They have house names that are normal and that the school call them by but officially those are there names. Imagine getting arrested and asked what your name was and you had to say lighting LMAOO omg I know there family but its so ridiculous.

Storm is 19 so she has official changed her name by depo to Chelsea but the rest are under 16 so they still have there birth names lol
    Personally I think fog is the worst poor child

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilylikeeee)
    Hahaha, sorry but theres a nice normal Emily Rose here, born and breed in Essex. There goes that hypothesis
    :rofl:

No.

ReputationRep:
    I have two cousins. One is called Kabir, and the other Sagheer. Kabir means tall, and Sagheer means short. Kabir is short, and Sagheer is tall(er)

ReputationRep:
    He can just shorten is to Chris, no one will ever know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    :rofl:

No.
    Hey, I was just talking about the name Doesn't get more boring and normal than 'Emily'

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd rather have an interesting name than the one I have... It's so boring.

Spoiler:
    Show
    For the record, my name is Liam Graham (most boring, unsatisfying name ever). Hate it. In my year there was six 'Liam's' and three people with the surname 'graham'. And there was me, the product of smashing the two most common/uninteresting names together into one ungodly mess. I think I might change my name to William or something. Not totally different but a bit more interesting.
    Seriously, try saying 'Liam graham'. It's like a drone. Stretch out the aaaaaay sound, bring attention to its rubbish moaniness. If there are any other Liam Graham's reading this... I'm sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I remember that guy being interviewed on the BBC news called Randy Virgin. No lie. Hmmm...wonder if someone uploaded it on youtube...

I know someone who had 7 kids just to name them after every day of the week. It could've been worse though considering her husband wanted to name them all after the 7 dwarfs :lolwut:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.