Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did you cry when Princess Diana died? Watch

• View Poll Results: Did you cry when Princess Diana died?
    Yes
    3.40%
    No
    34.04%
    I was too young to care or remember.
    59.57%
    who is Princess Diana?! :eyeball:
    2.98%

ReputationRep:
    I was four years old when Princess Diana died, and my mum and dad were watching the funeral on television, and when they were lowering her coffin into the ground, I skipped happily into the room, then seeing the huge bouquet of flowers on top of the coffin and thinking it was a bow, I shouted "WOW! Whose is THAT present?!"

Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamTheKook)
    Kudos to Sky for managing to fill 3 hours of Princess Diana. That is some feat. Unless your the Mail. Express

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I did. I was about 7, my sister and I wanted to watch morning kids tv (7/8am?) but all the screen said was 'Television broadcast has been cancelled in light of the death of Princess Diana' (or something to that effect) so we went to wake our parents up and my mum said "you're joking?!"..and that's as far as my memory goes.

ReputationRep:
    No, I was pissed because it messed up what was on TV.
    I felt exactly the same about the twin towers, bloody terrorists ****ed up my after school telly schedule :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I laughed hard

..I was also 4

ReputationRep:
    I was about 5/6, woke my mum up to complain about the lack of tv programmes. My dad came downstairs and asked who she was in all seriousness. I was furious about not having my cartoons!
    • PS Helper

hell no! and people should stop idolising her. She's the idiot that didn't wear a fricking seatbelt.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no.

ReputationRep:
    I felt sorry for her, but didn't really cry though

ReputationRep:
    the only time i cried was the time I was born.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was 13, I remember it very clearly. It was the summer holidays and I was inbetween Year 8 and Year 9 in high school. I had a project on Native American Indians that I had to do for summer holiday homework, so woke up and went on the computer to get some of that done.
    Then when I had finished I took the television from the dining room into my bedroom and turned it on because I wanted to watch Saved by the Bell.

But it wasn't on....it was the news. I didn't really take in what was being said, I flicked to another channel to see what else was on....and it was the news, on ever channel.

So I thought I'd better see why the news was on every channel! And then I found out about Diana having died.

So I raced upstairs to my mam's room and woke her up and told her and she was like "she can't possibly be dead. I expect she's just hurt or something".

So I turned the tv on in her bedroom to prove it to her, and she was really shocked.

I felt a bit sad but I didn't know her personally so no I didn't cry. I did feel quite shocked by it though.

I rang my (then) best friend up and she was really bummed out because it was her 13th birthday that day, but everybody was too shocked about Diana to be bothered about her birthday.

ReputationRep:
    I was like 7 at the time and i had other things going on in my life which were affecting me more than her death so tbh, i didn't really care (i know that's bad.) I don't remember where i was when she actually died, but i remember my Foster Carer was crying and went out and bought a statue/figurine of her lol so i know it really hurt people.

ReputationRep:
    I went ****ing ape-****

I wanted to watch my cartoons... but no... 'Princess Diana is in intensive care' on every ****ing channel!!!

(We didn't have sky... :moon: )

ReputationRep:
    I remember being outraged that CBBC was cancelled to show her funeral even though it was on every channel anyway...apart from that...

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between TSR and Diana?

People actually care when TSR crashes. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I was 13, I remember it very clearly. It was the summer holidays and I was inbetween Year 8 and Year 9 in high school. I had a project on Native American Indians that I had to do for summer holiday homework, so woke up and went on the computer to get some of that done.
    Then when I had finished I took the television from the dining room into my bedroom and turned it on because I wanted to watch Saved by the Bell.

But it wasn't on....it was the news. I didn't really take in what was being said, I flicked to another channel to see what else was on....and it was the news, on ever channel.

So I thought I'd better see why the news was on every channel! And then I found out about Diana having died.

So I raced upstairs to my mam's room and woke her up and told her and she was like "she can't possibly be dead. I expect she's just hurt or something".

So I turned the tv on in her bedroom to prove it to her, and she was really shocked.

I felt a bit sad but I didn't know her personally so no I didn't cry. I did feel quite shocked by it though.

I rang my (then) best friend up and she was really bummed out because it was her 13th birthday that day, but everybody was too shocked about Diana to be bothered about her birthday.
    Alrite son, we wanted a yes or no not your life story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmicronPersei8)
    My mum did and so did my aunt.

I was a bit too young to remember... 6-7 years old.
    Why is Eric licking someone in your sig lol?

ReputationRep:
    It was my bloody birthday! MY birthday, and the selfish ***** ruined it!
    My father told me to "be respectful".. all the while in my little head I was thinking "FUUU It's my birthday!", like he was attempting to make me feel guilty for having fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I remember I was little, like 6 or 7.

And I was pissed off that every channel had her funeral on, and there was nothing to watch.
    At least on 9/11 BBC 2 still had cartoons

ReputationRep:
    I vaguely remember cartoon network being stopped while a message came up. No i didnt cry, and if she died today i wouldnt cry either. Why? Because i dont care.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.