The Student Room Group

What features are attractive to a girl about a guy that a guy can control?

Scroll to see replies

Hair. Good hair is always good and just overall clean looking. I mean there are some attractive guys out there but they just look so dirty it makes them unattractive.

And a nice personality ALWAYS helps.
Original post by fallen angel9
A nice smell. :awesome:

While I know you're online(since most of these posts are several hours old) could you elaborate? I think that can be rather ambiguous, if I had to guess I would say you meant aftershave but I think the natural scent of someone can be attractive too to some people. Not me specifically, just saying its possible.
Reply 62
Original post by alexs2602
While I know you're online(since most of these posts are several hours old) could you elaborate? I think that can be rather ambiguous, if I had to guess I would say you meant aftershave but I think the natural scent of someone can be attractive too to some people. Not me specifically, just saying its possible.

(Guy here).

I must say that i really did not expect smell to prop up so often, though i was watching a dating documentry thing once that stated that the female seemed to respond to a licurish smelling aftershave most.

Both are quite important really. If someone walks past me with a nice smelling aftershave on though I always look twice. :yep:
Reply 64
Everything about your personality, how successful and ambitious you are, your taste in film, music, literature. All of the important things are actually under your control.

If you're talking solely about looks; keep your weight healthy, get good haircuts at a proper salon. Keep some hair length though, military-short hair is definitely not for me!. And just have a do where you pull it slightly back, don't have 'styled'/'arranged' hair (like J Bieber) *cringe*. Keep your style simple, yet nice. Jeans with a nice fit and a light blue shirt is a always a win.

EDIT:
Immediate turn OFFs for me are tattoos, piercings, and in terms of clothes: adidas/workout-clothes/sweatpants (apart from regular grey ones at home), goth-style and..well...general bad taste.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21
(Guy here).

I must say that i really did not expect smell to prop up so often, though i was watching a dating documentry thing once that stated that the female seemed to respond to a liquorish smelling aftershave most.

That is a little weird :confused:

Both are quite important really. If someone walks past me with a nice smelling aftershave on though I always look twice. :yep:

My aftershave may end up with a place on my cabinet instead of in a drawer somewhere from now on then. Only problem is I only have the one errr... bottle(? not sure if that's the word I would use if I could think of an alternative) and I get the feeling it won't last me long should I start to use it regularly which is a pain when I don't have an income.
Original post by *Lollo*
Everything about your personality, how successful and ambitious you are, your taste in film, music, literature. All of the important things are actually under your control.

If you're talking solely about looks; keep your weight healthy, get good haircuts at a proper salon (but keep a little length, hate military-short hair), keep your style simple, yet nice. Jeans with a nice fit and a light blue shirt is a always a win.

Could you elaborate on that? I assume you mean not too fat but what about skinny? because I would call skinny people, to a degree, healthy personally. I'm skinny myself and I eat huge portions so it's not like I'm skinny through any fault of my own.
Reply 67
Original post by tashii1411
personally for me:
smelling nice
decently sized arms
tattoos (:

Tattoos :drool:
Reply 68
Guys that are funny. Smell is a good thing :smile:

My aftershave may end up with a place on my cabinet instead of in a drawer somewhere from now on then. Only problem is I only have the one errr... bottle(? not sure if that's the word I would use if I could think of an alternative) and I get the feeling it won't last me long should I start to use it regularly which is a pain when I don't have an income.

Maybe just wear it on night outs and at parties then. :yep:
Reply 70
Could you elaborate on that? I assume you mean not too fat but what about skinny? because I would call skinny people, to a degree, healthy personally. I'm skinny myself and I eat huge portions so it's not like I'm skinny through any fault of my own.

Well it depends on the body shape, some guys look okay skinny whereas others look unhealthy. I've liked a few guys that are skinnier than average, but I found them hot in many other ways :smile: As long as you eat well (healthy and varied), it should be okay. A little tan and chest hair helps in order to not look too 'boyish'.
Manners... :smile:

Small things like holding the door open, the odd smile and just being a gentleman.
Maybe just wear it on night outs and at parties then. :yep:

I'll work something out, maybe I'll put some on a birthday list, not top of my list but once I have the clothes I want I can get aftershave I suppose. Well it's a Kindle first, then clothes probably but you get the picture.
Original post by *Lollo*
Well it depends on the body shape, some guys look okay skinny whereas others look unhealthy. I've liked a few guys that are skinnier than average, but I found them hot in many other ways :smile: As long as you eat well (healthy and varied), it should be okay. A little tan and chest hair helps in order to not look too 'boyish'.

I'm neither tanned or have much chest hair to speak of :frown: In regards to looking healthy or unhealthy I couldnt comment.

Original post by ithoughtofthis
Manners... :smile:

Small things like holding the door open, the odd smile and just being a gentleman.

I like you. A lack of manners drives me crazy in people. I hold the door open for people all the time and I rarely get a thanks, it's like, "Hello? I didn't have to hold it open for you." Especially when I've held the door open and let them go first.

A+F cologne and Black XS. I find those smells really attractive. Sweet but very manly at the same time. It's hard to describe. If seduction had a smell, it be a bit like that.
Manners, an interest in culture (classical music, books, theatre etc. rather than just the stereotypical football) and smell. :smile:
Original post by laughylolly
A+F cologne and Black XS. I find those smells really attractive. Sweet but very manly at the same time. It's hard to describe. If seduction had a smell, it be a bit like that.

I'll bear that in mind. I think you'd be able to tell I don't get aftershave often, I had a quick look at the ones you mentioned and they seemed expensive(or rather the one I looked at did) but when I compared it with a perfume I've bought before it was around the same price. :/ I'll look around before I buy definitely.

PS: I talk too much.
I'll bear that in mind. I think you'd be able to tell I don't get aftershave often, I had a quick look at the ones you mentioned and they seemed expensive(or rather the one I looked at did) but when I compared it with a perfume I've bought before it was around the same price. :/ I'll look around before I buy definitely.

PS: I talk too much.

Yeah they aren't cheap. They last quite a while though. Especially if you alternate perfumes/colognes.

I like you. A lack of manners drives me crazy in people. I hold the door open for people all the time and I rarely get a thanks, it's like, "Hello? I didn't have to hold it open for you." Especially when I've held the door open and let them go first.

I could never not say 'thank you' to someone who has taken the time and effort (however little it may be) to hold the door for me, or do any small yet meaninful act of kindness..!

You'll find someone who appreciates that in you :smile: (Y)
Normal hair, not 'pretty boy' Justin Bieber hair +

Nice sense of style; presentable (not necessarily fashionable)+

genuine smile+

good body+

a nice smell+

charming manners+

Down-to earth personality= :love:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending