Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Biggest One Hit Wonder? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This thread is becoming a bit of an obsession for me...

ReputationRep:
    This

Nostalgia

ReputationRep:
    You can't rap my friend, you're white and you're from Fulham,
    Please put down the mic, there's no way you can fool them,
    Don't be stupid, you won't get that far,
    Turn your back on hip-hop brav and go and play guitar.

EXAMPLE-YOU CAN'T RAP

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    Eloquently put. I particularly like the bit about 'merely an owner of all of their albums'. It comes across as a great put down- relative to to me anyway since I actually only own one of their albums which I have lost! So I bow to your knowledge.

Thinking about it, I would regard Weezer (who seem like precursors to Fountains of Wayne) as a one hit wonder band because I think that they're only massively famous for Buddy Holly yet they have probably have had other successful singles.
    That is both ridiculous and annoying. Their success over here may only relate to that song for some people, but for me they have had two incredibly good albums and been well received musically.

If you look at the US they were one of the biggest bands of the 90s when they broke out, and still have a massive fanbase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    Eloquently put. I particularly like the bit about 'merely an owner of all of their albums'. It comes across as a great put down- relative to to me anyway since I actually only own one of their albums which I have lost! So I bow to your knowledge.
    I'm unsure as to whether you're being here but I did not intend for what I said to be taken as any kind of insult. Apologies if that's what was implied. In fact I was going for quite the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Liam-)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXacZP7eP3U

Toploader, Dancing in the moonlight!
    Loved it!

Savage Garden springs to mind - Truly Madly Deeply is universally loved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mare?)

and so much more like WHO LET THE DOGS OUT WHO WHO WHO WHO
    LOOL I love all three of those songs! Well the last two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackshadow)
    Really? Linkin Park have had loads of ''hit'' songs! Numb, Breaking the habit, Somewhere I belong? Definitely not one hit wonders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbondummy)
    Really? Linkin Park have had loads of ''hit'' songs! Numb, Breaking the habit, Somewhere I belong? Definitely not one hit wonders.
    And Faint, Papercut and One Step Closer.

I dunno I just felt like posting a Linkin Park song for some reason.

LP for life. <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Everyone knows Barbie Girl, but the majority doesn't know their other hits.
    Three number ones doesn't make a band a one hit wonder....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.