Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friend overpaid by work. She told, would you? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you tell boss of money mistake?
    Yes
    71.55%
    No
    28.45%
    Other - please say
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I would tell as well after contemplation about it for a day.

Who can resist playing the thought dumb when they found out and say that you haven't been keeping track of money in your bank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    My friend got overpaid by £1000 last month at work, but she told her boss so that if they found out, her job would be secure and it would show that she was an honest person when it comes to her getting promoted.

Would you tell? Would your answer be different if the money was more or less than £1000?
    I left a job a few years ago and carried on getting paid for 3 months. I told them every month but it carried on. They overpaid £3500 in total and never asked for it back. Odd, but nice

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd tell them, but perhaps only in a way that covers my legal ass, especially if I was on a contract. I wouldn't go out of my way to tell my line manager. Also depends on how much I was overpaid by - I wouldn't risk it for a tenner or two.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't because I work at a fairly large retail store and nearly 30 of us got paid an extra months wages in April (mine was about £200) and they didn't notice. I didn't notice for about 3 months anyway it was only when I got my bank statement i found out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.