Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

One night stands and condoms Watch

ReputationRep:
    Always condoms... I've not had many ONS but the guy has always put on a condom just before without me even asking. Actually, just thinking, once when it was with a friend, I asked him if he had one, he said no, then seemed to get pissy because I then wasn't gonna sleep with him. We still did "stuff" though so he can't complain too much. And I was drunk then and clearly still assertive enough to demand it. So yeah, I think it's highly irresponsible to not use a condom. I always carry them now, even though I'm on the pill and with someone so won't be having any ONS. It's more a force of habit, but I have helped friends out in times of need so I think I'll probably continue it now!
    On another note, I think girls should be more responsible for actually HAVING condoms. They more often than not seem to think it's the guys responsibility, but it's really equal. And I don't think there should be stigma attached to girls carrying condoms about, I have been called a **** once or twice for it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MySweetheartTheDrunk)
    Always condoms... I've not had many ONS but the guy has always put on a condom just before without me even asking. Actually, just thinking, once when it was with a friend, I asked him if he had one, he said no, then seemed to get pissy because I then wasn't gonna sleep with him. We still did "stuff" though so he can't complain too much. And I was drunk then and clearly still assertive enough to demand it. So yeah, I think it's highly irresponsible to not use a condom. I always carry them now, even though I'm on the pill and with someone so won't be having any ONS. It's more a force of habit, but I have helped friends out in times of need so I think I'll probably continue it now!
    On another note, I think girls should be more responsible for actually HAVING condoms. They more often than not seem to think it's the guys responsibility, but it's really equal. And I don't think there should be stigma attached to girls carrying condoms about, I have been called a **** once or twice for it...
    Isn't this very sexist? Or do you think they would not have called you a s*** if you were carrying femmydoms instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Isn't this very sexist? Or do you think they would not have called you a s*** if you were carrying femmydoms instead?
    Exactly what I thought re the sexist thing. And I don't know, I think the thought is more it looks like you're going out with the intention of having a ONS; which, in my case, is NEVER true, but even if that is what someone does then it shouldn't be an issue. It's more about being prepared SHOULD it happen. I think this goes back to the age old issue where if a guy pulls/sleeps with a lot of people, he's seen as a legend, whereas if a girl does it, she's a slut. Sad and wrong, but seems to be the train of though of a lot of people!

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes don't use one as I am typically a) very drunk and b) I don't like them they make everything feel less...pleasant, which is not what you want when inebriated. However I always bring them with me because it really isn't a good idea not to use one - my GP now knows me as the guy constantly coming in for std checks :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MySweetheartTheDrunk)
    Exactly what I thought re the sexist thing. And I don't know, I think the thought is more it looks like you're going out with the intention of having a ONS; which, in my case, is NEVER true, but even if that is what someone does then it shouldn't be an issue. It's more about being prepared SHOULD it happen. I think this goes back to the age old issue where if a guy pulls/sleeps with a lot of people, he's seen as a legend, whereas if a girl does it, she's a slut. Sad and wrong, but seems to be the train of though of a lot of people!
    Well many women can have very high sex drives between days 12 to 18 of their menstrual cycles which can often make them alot hornier than most men and very much craving hot, sweaty, bouncy sex. The important thing from a societal perspective is that people are protected from STIs so having condoms/femmydoms/STI-testing kits to hand would be very much recommended. Of course you might not meet a boy/man who you want the tear the pants off and shag senseless but in the event that you did, don't you think you (and many other women) would feel very frustrated if nobody had a condom/femmydom so you would have to unfortunately cancel the shag to play safe. Is that attitude you mention still prevalent nowadays - I thought most people are now fairly tolerant of sexually assertive women who know what they want and aren't afraid to go and get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotwars)
    Before I go any further, this is not a thread to lecture me about how wrong you may think one night stands are. Take that debate elsewhere please.

This is directed at people who have had one night stands before or who plan on having one if the opportunity came up.

If you've just met someone at a party or in a club, and go and have sex, condoms are the most obvious method of protection.

Girls - have you/would you always make the guy wear a condom? Or would you risk it and go for the morning after pill? Or are you always/mostly on the normal pill anyway so it doesn't matter? Or would you just risk it entirely?

Guys - have you/would you think about putting on a condom? would you obey the girl's wishes if she wanted one? if she was one the pill or agreed to take the morning after pill, would you bother with a condom?

You're both drunk or tipsy too so has this/would this affect your decisions?

Thanks.
    I am on the pill and once when I was drunk I didn't make the guy wear a condom...he was my friend so I sort of trusted him?? But still a ONS.
    Condoms unless in a relationship though.

ReputationRep:
    "Safe sex is great sex,
    You better wear a latex,
    Cos you don't want that late text...
    The err, I think I'm late, text"

Have to agree with lil' wayne on that one.
    P.S what's with all the judgemental people on their pedastal ridiculing others for one night stands. Since when do you need to know someone's life story to enjoy getting laid?

ReputationRep:
    Wear one of these:

http://championingsara.files.wordpre...ndom_pile2.jpg

You don't want to wake up to this:

http://www.cio.com/images/content/ar...by_150x125.jpg

Or this:

http://www.getreligion.org/wp-content/photos/STDs.jpg

Simples

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    You'd wear an STD? :teehee:
    Have you never worn one?? I thought it was normal

ReputationRep:
    I care more about catching diseases than having a baby. I'd quite like a kid, actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotwars)
    Before I go any further, this is not a thread to lecture me about how wrong you may think one night stands are. Take that debate elsewhere please.

This is directed at people who have had one night stands before or who plan on having one if the opportunity came up.

If you've just met someone at a party or in a club, and go and have sex, condoms are the most obvious method of protection.

Girls - have you/would you always make the guy wear a condom? Or would you risk it and go for the morning after pill? Or are you always/mostly on the normal pill anyway so it doesn't matter? Or would you just risk it entirely?

Guys - have you/would you think about putting on a condom? would you obey the girl's wishes if she wanted one? if she was one the pill or agreed to take the morning after pill, would you bother with a condom?

You're both drunk or tipsy too so has this/would this affect your decisions?

Thanks.
    1. No one night stands for me, please
    2. Unprotected sex with someone you don't know. Nevermind pregnancy, what about STDs???
    3. No condom, no sex!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.