The Student Room Group

Why is finding a classy boy so hard?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bingobongo
Seriously, I just want someone who will treat me right and make me laugh. Not tell me about the fit girl they screwed over the summer, ignore me when they're with 'the lads' and think getting with every girl at university is an achievement.

It really frustrates me because I think a lot of these guys are nice underneath but they put on a cocky/arrogant show. When are they going to grow up?

Where have all the nice guys gone?

Most girls don't want nice guys, IMO.
Reply 61
Fact is, girls aren't attracted to "nice" guys. The reason people use the arrogant/funny approach is because it attracts girls. Beeing overly nice to girls won't attract girls because it gives out the wibe that the guy is a loser, can't get a girl and will give it away to anyone who show interest in them. Girls like a challange and also want a guy that is on the same social status as them.

If TS want to start dating nice guys, then she has to start showing interest to guys that are nice. Those guys are not found in bars, not on the football team either. Try a little geeky clubs (don't need to be a computer club) or a church group, music groups, etc. You would definitly find someone who is a nice guy, but I'm afraid that you will keep on dating the jocks, because they are around you, and that's the ones who are making you attracted.
Reply 62
Original post by LimeTree.
I don't mean to bragg, but I am drinking tea and eating Cathedral City Cheese as we converse ;P

This is not strictly true... but i do love cathedral cheese haha :smile:

Tea and Cathedral City = best combo ever. Truly the definition of classy.
Seriously, I just want someone who will treat me right and make me laugh. Not tell me about the fit girl they screwed over the summer, ignore me when they're with 'the lads' and think getting with every girl at university is an achievement.

It really frustrates me because I think a lot of these guys are nice underneath but they put on a cocky/arrogant show. When are they going to grow up?

try your friend-zone?
Reply 64
Because these attitudes work better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttxCSkGB0vw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHn4BaDv_mQ

than these attitudes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4bi8N8cPUI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auz-rtBWO8k

Apparently, being a knob to a girl and having a huge ego makes you attractive. This then leads to many men conforming to these methods to try and impress women, who are already insanely hard to please.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 65
I love classy.
Reply 66
Why does this thread have SO much negative rep ?? These are my thoughts exactly!
But yes, the truth is that we usually don't notice these guys.
Original post by Philbert
Tea and Cathedral City = best combo ever. Truly the definition of classy.

+ rep my friend.
cos u aint no classy girl, pick ur ****s better and stop complaining
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Oh my God, I know exactly what you mean, I have a male friend just like this ... :daydreaming:

... He's gay. :frown:

Ahh.... well, the gay part sucks :/ I guess... But I can assure you I am NOT gay.... despite how often I get called it :P only by female flat mates, but meh, I let them get away with it.... cos I let them get away with anything >.<

TOO NICE!! >.<

ohh well :/
~Dark~
Reply 70
Original post by I am soapy
I hear New Jersey have some classy guys.

Yeah, some hero called Paul D.
Reply 71
All these nice guys you speak of are sitting at home playing WoW and jacking off furiously to anime because they're too socially awkward to get out of the house and meet people.
Honestly, it's possible to be a nice person without being a boring, awkward, nerdy sack of ****. Maybe if you got to know all these guys you meet instead of instantly writing them off as being unworthy just because they like to have fun and actually have social lives, and don't treat you like something you're not, maybe they'd turn out to be awesome people?
Reply 72
Because girls go for the bad boys/rich boys/high status boys and all the nice or 'classy' boys try and be like them.
Original post by Pedrobear
ever considered that the whole time you've been meeting these 'lads' you've been ignoring the 'nice boys'?

perish the thought

not like you'll ever change, standard girl whining about something they secretly love

real talk

This.
You're being way too harsh on men here. This generalisation is really not fair.

It seems like you have a very low idea of what most guys are actually like. I'm sorry for whatever may have caused this, but open your eyes and admit that not everyone is like this. I could easily say most girls go out and get notches in their bedposts etc, but the fact is not everyone is like this.
Why do you have two accounts Shinytoy??????
Original post by ~*DarkAngel*~
Ahh.... well, the gay part sucks :/ I guess... But I can assure you I am NOT gay.... despite how often I get called it :P only by female flat mates, but meh, I let them get away with it.... cos I let them get away with anything >.<

TOO NICE!! >.<

ohh well :/
~Dark~

That's nice. :love: As long as nice, straight guys are out there as well as the lovely gay ones. :colonhash:

not being a dick =/= classy. Anyway I'm sure if there were some nice guys you would reject them anyway if they were ugly no matter their personality.
The thought that girls don't like or notice nice guys REALLY doesn't apply to all girls. Just saying.
Reply 79
They are too nice, and girls (generally) want bad boys, so they end up getting friend-zoned. So, OP, I am willing to bet that they are probably in your life but you are going for lads rather than the nice men who you have friend-zoned.

EDIT: not that I am saying ALL girls go for bad boys. On the contrary, I am only interested in nice guys myself. However, it often seems to be the way that the nice guys are single, and the lads are taken and/or sleeping around.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending