The Student Room Group

Girls, is a guy who learns languages feminine/girly or is it a plus in a guy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by najinaji
Why would I reject a guy based on how 'girly' they are...?

Nice tits.
Reply 61
it's hot.
Reply 62
I don't think it is feminine, I'm doing GCSE Spanish in a year and roughly there is an even mix of girls and boys. It's a language anyway, how can it be feminine?
Definite plus. Don't really understand why it would be seen as girly....
It is manly to learn. It is not manly to worry about manliness.
I wonder if the day will ever come when a guy partakes in a hobby or an activity and doesn't straight away wonder how much pussy it will get him.
Reply 66
boys who can speak a foreign language :love:
Original post by Nerd_No_More
As the title says.....just wondering. Is learning languages a 'girly' trait, or could it be seen as a plus in a guy? I'm learning Japanese and really enjoy it.

Thanks.

Who was it who said that everything we do is directly or indirectly motivated by the drive at attract a mate?

Well...whoever it was, was obviously right, if this thread is anything to go by.

Evidently, we're all just horny monkies in shoes.
Reply 68
Original post by lazy smurf
How could it be a bad thing? Ladies love languages.

This is so true!!:yep:
Talk to me in Italian and I'll do anything you want. :smile:
Reply 70
Dear god.. The questions asked on this site. How on earth could that be a bad thing? It's a LANGUAGE, not make-up class.
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't think it's that girly, and it's definitely a plus. Though for me, feminine attributes are generally good as overbearing masculinity is just annoying.
Original post by frozzylove

Original post by frozzylove
I really like bilingual guys :smile:

:p:

I agree with the general consensus here, your choice whether to take a subject should not be reliant on whether or not girls like it.

Psychology's a female dominated subject, and i don't know anyone who has problems with girls because of it.
Reply 73
it's a plus! :yep:
You wouldn't have thought so but then again in my French class girls outnumber boys 4 to 1.

Still, my (totally unbiased) opinion is that those who do languages are undeniably unbelievably cool. :wink:
Well, I don't like the typical "Well I'm English so I don't need to learn a foreign language" attitude. So for me, a second language is always a positive. Plus, as from tomorrow, I'm starting my fourth foreign language, so I can hardly say it's a bad thing :mmm:
Reply 76
Original post by Deutsch_Beth
Nah don't think so, the guys on my course are perfectly masculine, although there are to be fair a lot more girls.

Yeah but you've gotta say that haven't you xD
100% I have only gone out with guys who know another language. Whether it's European or an African Language!

I want my child to be bilingual haha
Definitely a plus. Especially since I'll be doing a language or two at uni! :tongue:
Language and arts(humanities not actual fine art or music) are for girls. Maths and Sciences are for Boys.

Since women evolved to pick berries and raise children so language skills are better. Men evolved to hunt and so visual skills are better.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending