Avril Lavigne rocks the world again!! Watch

FullStop
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Potiron)
I wasn't aware that Girlfriend was an album.

Regardless, the rest is moderate to poor.

But the concept and music of Girlfriend is foul.
ohh i know Girlfriend is not an album, but i think it is a nice song cuz it's more mature than before.
FullStop
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wildebeest)
Looking back upon when my interest in music began, at about twelve or thirteen, Let Go and its singles were certainly a part of it. I do think her music at that time was catalytic in encouraging female pop stars to explore a more rock-based sound, and it was a debut that worked very well.

I don't dislike her music nowadays but can't deny that some songs are rather on the embarrassing side, and that she has veered towards similarities with singers that she set to distance herself from.
Let Go is good i love it and Under My Skin is also good!!!
Potiron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by FullStop)
ohh i know Girlfriend is not an album, but i think it is a nice song cuz it's more mature than before.
No it isn't. She sounds like a jealous twelve year old.

If she'd said "hey hey you you I don't like your girlfriend/but I know that you do so I hope it doesn't end" that would be more mature, but still terrible.

I hope you're a troll.
gingerrama
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I liked her when I was like 12 but it's embarrassing that she's still making this kind of music and acting like she's anything other than pop
FullStop
Rep:
?
(Original post by gingerrama)
I liked her when I was like 12 but it's embarrassing that she's still making this kind of music and acting like she's anything other than pop
well this time is different dont you think?
FullStop
Rep:
?
No it isn't. She sounds like a jealous twelve year old.

If she'd said "hey hey you you I don't like your girlfriend/but I know that you do so I hope it doesn't end" that would be more mature, but still terrible.

I hope you're a troll.
im 19!!!oh ok so you think the problem is the lyrics?
Potiron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by FullStop)
im 19!!!oh ok so you think the problem is the lyrics?
Yeah, they're just stupid and horrible and vain and immature and crass. The tune's not great though, either.
Vanny17
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In my opinion, Pretty Reckless is wayyyyyy better than Avril Lavigne. Avril totally destroyed Bad Reputation by Joan Jett. Her rendition of it was disastrous.
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Her first ever album was the first ever album I bought :ahee:
But I don't like her anymore. Her lyrics are bad, tunes are cheesy, not that great a singer and annoying in her videos. Did not like 'Girlfriend' at all - THE GEEK IS SUPPOSED TO WIN :rant: I like her new song less.
mehhh.....hi.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm in shock that OP is 19. I just assumed she was about 12/13.
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Vanny17)
In my opinion, Pretty Reckless is wayyyyyy better than Avril Lavigne. Avril totally destroyed Bad Reputation by Joan Jett. Her rendition of it was disastrous.
:indiff: well, it's your opinion, I like TPR too, really like Taylors' voice but her teen angst antics and her trying so hard to be a badass rocker chick just fail so much, makes her look like some silly poser - she drags her own name down so much :rolleyes:
Vanny17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
:indiff: well, it's your opinion, I like TPR too, really like Taylors' voice but her teen angst antics and her trying so hard to be a badass rocker chick just fail so much, makes her look like some silly poser - she drags her own name down so much :rolleyes:
Yes I know. It is her voice that counts not the bahaviour she displays to the public. She does drag her name down with her choice of clothings etc but you cannot deny her talent in contrast to Avril Lavigne. :rolleyes:
Vanny17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mehhh.....hi.)
I'm in shock that OP is 19. I just assumed she was about 12/13.
Haha. It does show that we all are children at heart but choose not to display it :lol: I joke with the generalising.
11CP
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i love keep holding on and the new songs are good but the old ones were better i think
Prettygeek
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I liked her old stuff (complicated etc.) but her standard seriously slipped on the best damn thing, and her new stuff is listen able.
FullStop
Rep:
?
Yeah, they're just stupid and horrible and vain and immature and crass. The tune's not great though, either.
ohh ok i don't know what else i can say hehe
FullStop
Rep:
?
(Original post by 11CP)
i love keep holding on and the new songs are good but the old ones were better i think
ya Keep Holding On is good song (((:
FullStop
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prettygeek)
I liked her old stuff (complicated etc.) but her standard seriously slipped on the best damn thing, and her new stuff is listen able.
but her new album is different i still like it
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (186)
18.96%
No (590)
60.14%
Not really bothered about them (205)
20.9%

Watched Threads