Cost issues aside, would you get a Macbook Pro or Air? Watch

Suhayb08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by omicronlyrae)
if i had to choose i'd choose the one that did everything I needed , not the air which does only some of them. Realistically, any logical reason to get the Air went out the window when the 13" MBP was introduced.
Not realistic, you DO know there is a macbook air 11 inch right? so a 'regular' user, by regular I mean, word processing, chatting, messaging, surfing the web, the air is perfect for that, but for you, that's not all you do, so for YOU, the pro is the better option, but not for the regular user.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Suhayb08)
yea thats right, even the pro is fine for use on the go, but if YOU HAD TO CHOSE between a macbook air or pro for use when travelling, which one would
I'd use my logic and still get the Pro. It has the advantages of superior battery for when you don't have your charger, superior performance to even the highest specification Air, useful for working outside of your home if needs be. Or I could trade those off for a weight loss in comparison to a machine that isn't even heavy. Just because something is extremely portable does not make it the better portable option.
Young Spade
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by joyina)
Been pondering this for a while, saw the different opinions about how other Windows brands are more worth the money (cheaper, better specs, etc). I'm a Windows 7 user now (and it's pretty lovely) but I need a new laptop so...

Is a macbook (air/pro) a worthwhile investment if money isn't an issue? Would you get one, or would you go for other brands?
Well I JUST got one yesterday and I cannot stop using it. I love the damn thing. I got it friday afternoon and I haven't slept since; litterally, I have been up for over 30 hours now but I just can't stop using the machine.

It isn't really... like the layout that I like; I actually prefer file trees and whatnot that I got with Windows, but there are a plethora of shortcuts which make up the meat of iOS, coming from a novice's viewpoint.

I'm slowly learning how to use them and placing them in memory but it really makes everything so much easier and faster.
Young Spade
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by omicronlyrae)
if i had to choose i'd choose the one that did everything I needed , not the air which does only some of them. Realistically, any logical reason to get the Air went out the window when the 13" MBP was introduced.
Unless you liked traveling light and didn't want to sacrifice portability and mobility for speed and power. Granted for day to day applications (web browsing, IM, document composition, etc) the Air is a great machine.

True, the Pro is better all around in specs but they really aren't meant to be compared, it'd be like comparing a Lotus and a Charger. Sure they're both fast cars but they each have a nich that they fit.

I actually looked for an Air before I decided to get a Macbook.
Paul McCartney
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I want an Air so badly! :daydreaming:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (206)
18.61%
No (673)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.6%

Watched Threads