Turn on thread page Beta

Libya rebels face last stand as Gaddafi forces zero in on Benghazi watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yituool)
    Ffs lrn2history. Don't remember Bosnia, Somalia or Kosovo do you?

If the West wanted to "cuddle up to Gaddafi" they wouldn't be arming the rebels.

How old are you, 14?
    They haven't armed the Freedom Fighters. Even if they had they haven't done a good job at it.

Are you 12?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticSkills)
    If you want "The Truth" without bias use this website, their articles are written by people who have no commericial interest. Quite leftist and anti-neoliberal if I do say so myself. You might have to search for articles though, everybodies written a bunch of stuff on the middle east within the last few weeks.

www.indymedia.org.uk

Also, they've got other branches around the world so if you googled them you'd probably find their other websites. Sorry, I dont mean to sound like I'm trying to recruit you there or something. You just seem like someone who's likely to read their articles.
    Thanks, seems useful, I'll definitely keep my eye on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Oh for ****'s sake.

If he gets to Benghazi there will be a massacre. It'll be like another Rwanda and the international community will have blood on their hands and blame squarely at their feet.

We cannot allow this. Frankly the time has passed for a no-fly zone, and we should be looking for a full peacekeeping intervention with land forces and naval blockades of Tripoli and Sirte to stop more mass murder.
    What did I say? I told y'all Gadaffi would triumph and the imperalistic West will be kicking themselves. All except the Germans, who had the foresight and and diplomatic finesse that we the British and the French sadly lacked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    They haven't armed the Freedom Fighters. Even if they had they haven't done a good job at it.

Are you 12?
    Yes I am 12 and what is this.

I should've specified that the US are planning on arming the rebels, either way, the point is still intact.

You have still failed to address my debunking of your retarded ITS ALL ABOUT OIL LOLOLOL theory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yituool)
    Yes I am 12 and what is this.

I should've specified that the US are planning on arming the rebels, either way, the point is still intact.

You have still failed to address my debunking of your retarded ITS ALL ABOUT OIL LOLOLOL theory
    Are you for real?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Oh for ****'s sake.

If he gets to Benghazi there will be a massacre. It'll be like another Rwanda and the international community will have blood on their hands and blame squarely at their feet.

We cannot allow this. Frankly the time has passed for a no-fly zone, and we should be looking for a full peacekeeping intervention with land forces and naval blockades of Tripoli and Sirte to stop more mass murder.
    We're not the world police, it's ridiculously arrogant to think that we have any business in Libya. Look at the fiasco that is Afghanistan and Iraq, just leave it alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    Are you for real?
    Right back at ya babes.

Find it kinda hard to believe someone could be this deluded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darknessbehold)
    Don't worry, this is just the Empire Strikes Back. Theres still Return of the Jedi you know. Rebels will defo win.
    This has to be the best comment within the thread :awesome:

( Not to ignore the validity and seriousness of what is being discussed within the thread)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    Typical West, nothing in it for them so they just turn around and say they're "thinking about it"... They don't give two ****s about human rights aslong as they can still go and cuddle up to Gaddafi for some of his oil. The rebels stand no chance against the Army, its going to be a massacre and many innocent people will die, Gaddafi will reagin power and it'll all be over. Sickening!

Haha i'm so angry. No doubt they'll do nothing about Bahrain aswell, just claim the "Rebels" (Freedom Fighters) are supporters of The Muslim Brotherhood, of which the absolute majority are not.
    The whole Muslim world have constantly been blasting the WEST for "interfering" in Muslims affairs. Then you whine when we stay out of them, well now you have got your wish. What is the Muslim world doing to assist Libya ? Why are you not blasting them for doing nothing ? It looks like the Muslims world will do nothing if there is nothing for them in it. I says good on the WEST, let Muslims deal with it themselves, this is what Muslims want.

I hope the UN and NATO do nothing, not ONE Western soldier should ever die in a Muslim country again for ungrateful Muslims. Muslims your on your own know, and this is what you wanted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N.A.T.O)
    The whole Muslim world have constantly been blasting the WEST for "interfering" in Muslims affairs. Then you whine when we stay out of them, well now you have got your wish. What is the Muslim world doing to assist Libya ? Why are you not blasting them for doing nothing ? It looks like the Muslims world will do nothing if there is nothing for them in it. I says good on the WEST, let Muslims deal with it themselves, this is what Muslims want.

I hope the UN and NATO do nothing, not ONE Western soldier should ever die in a Muslim country again for ungrateful Muslims. Muslims your on your own know, and this is what you wanted
    "Your wish"? First of all, i'm not from Libya. Second of all i'm not muslim, i just believe that they deserve the same rights as us.

The Muslim world? Most of these nations are dictatorships so support each other against the "rebels". None of them want to be next, example being SA supporting Bahrain.

Can't blame for complaining. The west get involved when they've not been asked too for their own personal greed. And when they should get involved, they don't.

They're humans you absolute prat, no matter what the Daily Mail tells you! Powerleft the powerless and all that. We're lucky enough to be an advanced nation, we should therefore use this power we have along with the other powers and do whats right by all the people in these countries. They're requesting our help, we need to respong.

You're an absolute fool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    "Your wish"? First of all, i'm not from Libya. Second of all i'm not muslim, i just believe that they deserve the same rights as us.

The Muslim world? Most of these nations are dictatorships so support each other against the "rebels". None of them want to be next, example being SA supporting Bahrain.

Can't blame for complaining. The west get involved when they've not been asked too for their own personal greed. And when they should get involved, they don't.

They're humans you absolute prat, no matter what the Daily Mail tells you! Powerleft the powerless and all that. We're lucky enough to be an advanced nation, we should therefore use this power we have along with the other powers and do whats right by all the people in these countries. They're requesting our help, we need to respong.

You're an absolute fool
    Already tried that in Afghanistan and Iraq, locals did'nt want it .... NEXT

ReputationRep:
    Already tried that in Afghanistan and Iraq, locals did'nt want it .... NEXT
    Never requested our help, thus why the citizens are hostile to the allied troops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    Never requested our help, thus why the citizens are hostile to the allied troops.
    Let countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia and the many other Muslims countries help them. I hope the west and NATO stays out of it. The Muslim brotherhood will just be another oppressive regime and the west will predictably get it in the throat in the future.

Let Muslims help their Muslim brothers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm suprised that Iran hasn't intervened in Bahrain, since Saudi Arabia seemed to find any oppertunity to occupy it. Maybe because the 5th fleet is their, Iran feels intimidated.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, why can't Pakistan do something aboutn this? They have no excuse. Surely they want to help their Muslim brothers?

They are advanced enough to help here. But lo, the defeaning silence. There's a lot of talk from every nation on this, but as usual, they look to the west to lay the boot on the floor. They want us to pick up the cost, both in fincial terms and in terms of lives lost. And when we don't they will all ask 'why did you do nothing?' I say we stare them in the eyes and ask them the same question.

The time has come for us to stop pussy footing around the Middle East. We make it clear. If we intervene, we secure oil supplies. We secure a government, and there will be a transitional period. It may not be all sunshine and rainbows, but it'll be better than what they have now. But if, if we intervene we do it our way, on our terms. Just look at the mess you have in so many other countries. And I'm not just talking Iraq and Afghanistan. Damn near every country the UN and NATO are in, we are stopped from doing what we are there for. For stupid, stupid reasons. We end up being an ineffective, lame force.

No more. If you want us to police the world, you give us the same powers you give domestic police. And that involves acting with impunity on foreign soil to an extent. Just as a policeman would break into a suspects home and subdue him. So should we in macrocosm. We do what is nessecary in an effcient manner. None of this prolonged peacekeeping. Just look at how long we've been in some countries. I mean Congo! Congo is a joke! The UN are there, and yet still whole villages are massacred. Why? Because the UN can't go here, can't go there. Can't engage the animals that commit these atrocities. It's pathetic. Dammit, we're community support officers, when the world needs riot police.

You don't want us, that's fine. Rot. You want us? Then we do it our way. And if the world votes to send us in, we go in hard and get the job done. I'm not talking gung ho Yankee action, shoot first ask questions later. I'm just talking real action for real change.

ReputationRep:

What the **** are you talking about? this has absolutely nothing to do with religion you buffoon. This is about human sufferring at the hands of a tyrant, the West constantly preach democracy and how much better their standards of living are compared to other nations.

Thats hypocrisy at its best, the most prominent Arab countries wont get involved namely because they've got their own issues. Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Bahrain are all going through 'revolutions', Saudi Arabias on the state of alert in case the Shia minority try to start anything similar as well. So what do you want to be done?

You hope the UN do nothing? are you sick in the head or what that ****ing organisation was made with the intent of helping out every single country when they are in a crisis and to promote peace. I honestly cant believe what you're saying, put down your copy of the daily mail.

You obviously know very little about the issue at hand, it's not like Nato and the UN haven't helped predominantly Muslim countries, I.E the Bosnian operation back in 1995 springs to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticSkills)
    What the **** are you talking about? this has absolutely nothing to do with religion you buffoon. This is about human sufferring at the hands of a tyrant, the West constantly preach democracy and how much better their standards of living are compared to other nations.

Thats hypocrisy at its best, the most prominent Arab countries wont get involved namely because they've got their own issues. Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Bahrain are all going through 'revolutions', Saudi Arabias on the state of alert in case the Shia minority try to start anything similar as well. So what do you want to be done?

You hope the UN do nothing? are you sick in the head or what that ****ing organisation was made with the intent of helping out every single country when they are in a crisis and to promote peace. I honestly cant believe what you're saying, put down your copy of the daily mail.

You obviously know very little about the issue at hand, it's not like Nato and the UN haven't helped predominantly Muslim countries, I.E the Bosnian operation back in 1995 springs to mind.
    The war in Iraq and Afghanistan as nothing to do wit religion, but Muslims simply do not see it that way. Tell that to them not me.

Oh I like what you said with the Daily Mail comment, it never gets old, well done

ReputationRep:
    The war in Iraq and Afghanistan as nothing to do wit religion, but Muslims simply do not see it that way. Tell that to them not me.

Oh I like what you said with the Daily Mail comment, it never gets old, well done
    Thats because Islams leaning more towards an ideology in the middle east, their bound to think like that. You dont think like that because you live in a country which takes on a more liberal and secular attitude.

But hey, theres fundementalits in every country. I remember seeing American Christians in a documentary supporting Israels treatment of palestinians because of the promised land to the Jews in the bible.

ReputationRep:
    We should just stay out of the Libya war as if we get involved it will be labelled as Iraq all over again.

ReputationRep:

Arab World mehn

Also people in the West have criticised the West for going in..the criticism is not exclusive to non Western Countries..

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.