Turn on thread page Beta

geography, one of the easiest a-level? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olliee)
    Thank-you for your note, but considering I have used a semi-colon correctly and that we are not examined on their usage, then I think I shall pass.
    Well, I can't really be bothered bickering with you, so I think we'll leave it at that, or this could go on for quite some time.

ReputationRep:
    Weird that none of my friends found maths hard, despite it being the "5th hardest".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliw92)
    Well, I can't really be bothered bickering with you, so I think we'll leave it at that, or this could go on for quite some time.
    I was going to say the same thing, considering this has deviated from the title somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    This is hilarious. I do French, German, Spanish, geography, chemistry and maths and am dropping geography at the end of this year because I can't cope with it!

January exams: French 98% (no revision), geography 83% (more revision than I have ever done in my life).

ReputationRep:
    my geography teacher says one of the hardest subjects at AS is geography because theres so much content. personally i got an A in gen studies with half an hour of revision on the bus. i guess it depends on the person i know someone who got an A in maths and chemistry and a U in general studies with immense revision. i also do english literature and i dont think a jump between gcse and a level even exists in it.

ReputationRep:
    Easiest =/= most useless.

Easiest subjects, then you could consider English one, yes. However it's actually quite useful (well, if you want to go into journalism and stuff like that). Is Geography useful? No. Sociology, Law, Politics, Economics, Psychology? Er, no.
    Geography is one of the most employable degrees. So I don't think you can justify saying it's useless.

ReputationRep:
    General Studies is only high up the list because a lot of people are forced to do it and don't write anything/take the piss - I have a good dozen friends who got U's in AS general studies who are getting A/B grades in there other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLastDaysOfDisco)
    Geography is one of the most employable degrees. So I don't think you can justify saying it's useless.
    Oh really? Considering you don't actually need Geography A-Level to do a Geography degree?

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? Considering you don't actually need Geography A-Level to do a Geography degree?
    Haha. Yes, you do for some universities. Some ask for a Geography a-level, some don't. Regardless, it still doesn't render a-level Geography useless.

ReputationRep:
    No, but it does say something when it's not a requirement.

ReputationRep:
    Geography is not easy!
    i did it last year and all the smartest students predicted AAAA didnt get an A they got like C/Bs (However they managed to do well in their other subject such as Economics, Physics, Chemistry which are definitely harder subjects) whereas all the people predicted BS AND CS got As.
    I personal think Geography is only easy if you dont think to hard about the questions been asked

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2011

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.