Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.JJJ)
    Mind if we ask how it happened?
    Retinablastoma.. basically cancer of the retina in children. Not exactly exciting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    Retinablastoma.. basically cancer of the retina in children. Not exactly exciting.
    sounds stupid but wont contact lenses work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.JJJ)
    sounds stupid but wont contact lenses work?
    They had to remove my eye in order to remove the tumour, otherwise I'd die.. so I'm unsure as to how contact lenses would cure cancer or help me now.

ReputationRep:
    Aww your really pretty...Love the hair xxx

ReputationRep:
    I really wanna make out with you :/ lol, your so hot

ReputationRep:
    love the length, style and colour

ReputationRep:

As weird as this sounds you have one of the most stunning eyes I have ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    It's really nice the way it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackspur)
    As weird as this sounds you have one of the most stunning eyes I have ever seen.
    You mean eye. I don't think it's anything special.. just sort of bluey grey.

ReputationRep:
    You mean eye. I don't think it's anything special.. just sort of bluey grey.

Haha no that's why I said "one of" well maybe I just haven't seen enough eyes then!

ReputationRep:
    Keep

It looks lovely the way it is....however if you've never had it long before, you can always try it out and then if you dont like it..go back to this length. Lover your hair colour too :heart:

ReputationRep:
    x
    I admire your courage to post up that pic to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

I've too 'hide' something, but it's still visible. Would prefer to get rid of it.

Completely agree with how people treat anyone with abnormalities, you get used to it I guess, but I still does my head in.

ReputationRep:
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterJomi)
    I admire your courage to post up that pic to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

I've too 'hide' something, but it's still visible. Would prefer to get rid of it.

Completely agree with how people treat anyone with abnormalities, you get used to it I guess, but I still does my head in.
    I'm glad people understand, my mum certainly doesn't. I'm intrigued as to what it is you feel you need to hide..

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad people understand, my mum certainly doesn't. I'm intrigued as to what it is you feel you need to hide..
    I get very mixed responses. When I was younger, I never got bullied or anything, people generally thought it was 'cool'.

Things haven't really changed, but I've definitely become more self conscious about it. Don't think i'm brave enough to post a pic.

It's caused by a genetic abnormality, Mosaicism. And a symptom of it is having patterns on my skin, called blaschko's lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterJomi)
    I get very mixed responses. When I was younger, I never got bullied or anything, people generally thought it was 'cool'.

Things haven't really changed, but I've definitely become more self conscious about it. Don't think i'm brave enough to post a pic.

It's caused by a genetic abnormality, Mosaicism. And a symptom of it is having patterns on my skin, called blaschko's lines.
    I used to wear a false painted eye that I'd take out, so I was quite popular and well known, especially in my younger years of secondary school.

I can imagine how you feel, I'm sure I wouldn't think anything less of you though.

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear a false painted eye that I'd take out, so I was quite popular and well known, especially in my younger years of secondary school.

I can imagine how you feel, I'm sure I wouldn't think anything less of you though.
    I was the same. I was quite a popular kid.

But when I meet new people, there's always this thought of them judging me at the back of my mind. Which is probably the reason why I find it harder than before to open myself to new people.

All in all though, I guess it isn't that bad. Would rather be rid of it but oh well, life goes on.

ReputationRep:
    I love it is at is, you look really pretty.

ReputationRep:
    x
    I hope you don´t think this creepy but you´re stupidly pretty. TBH i thought the pic of your eye would be a lot worse. If you don´t want to wear those painted numbers then don´t. I love your hair though

ReputationRep:
    I don't like how false the glass eye looks.
    I can only find eye patches that are for fancy dress.Other option is surgery to make it look better, which I've had, and it never lasts, or it goes wrong, so I'm a bit fed up of that. If you're so intrigued I might take a picture.
    Most chemists should have ordinary eye patches that aren't for fancy dress, that's if you feel like wearing a patch for a change.

But your hair looks fantastic just as it is - and it's a fabulous colour!!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.