Awful (1)
0.66%
Nichrome
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Don'tNod)
Oh, and that video that the Doctor made Canton broadcast to the planet left me thinking that that's so not the Doctor's style. :sad:
I thought this aswell, usually the Doctor saves species, never eradicating them like that. I would have thought he would try to relocate them or something.
Bella Occhi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
Somehow I don't think this is the last we'll see of the Silents. Not a spoiler but it seems a little too easy if that's it for them.
I doubt it either, I think that they're almost inextricably linked to the little girl.
Stressworthy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nichrome)
I thought this aswell, usually the Doctor saves species, never eradicating them like that. I would have thought he would try to relocate them or something.
I'm pretty sure River mentioned something about him not approving... need to rewatch, but on the whole I definitely agree with people who don't think that's the end of the Silence.
Aula
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d123)
Did anyone else think Matt Smith looked amazing with a beard? :love:
doctor with a beard
Rory with smooth hair and glasses
:coma:
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Episode was awesome ;D
Stupid cliffhanger.

My theory on the time lord girl person is she is Dr Who's and River's child ;D
I'm no expert on the series and see people going in to complete detail about it, i can't, that's just my simple theory xD
d123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
doctor with a beard
Rory with smooth hair and glasses
Far too much eye candy in Doctor Who really. Also, if I wasn't a straight girl, then Amy :love:
kingal86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stressworthy)
I'm pretty sure River mentioned something about him not approving... need to rewatch, but on the whole I definitely agree with people who don't think that's the end of the Silence.
Hmm...I don't see what else they could've done against such a powerful, dangerous foe. And I guess most of the Silence on Earth would count as combatants in a war against alien (literally ) occupation - well except the children...

It was the Doctor's plan wasn't it, surely?
timeandacrayon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think that the it is either amys and Rory's child and it has been mutated or River's and the Doctor's child and Amy is the godmother or something explaining the picture. I can't see the doctor having an affair with Amy.

(Original post by Nichrome)
I thought he was trying to frighten them away by saying if they stayed they would be killed, but not if they left.
Stressworthy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kingal86)
Hmm...I don't see what else they could've done against such a powerful, dangerous foe. And I guess most of the Silence on Earth would count as combatants in a war against alien (literally ) occupation - well except the children...

It was the Doctor's plan wasn't it, surely?
It appeared to be so, but you just never know with Doctor Who - I'm definitely keeping my mind open to seeing the Silence more later on, anyway.
Stressworthy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by timeandacrayon)
I thought he was trying to frighten them away by saying if they stayed they would be killed, but not if they left.
That's actually a really crucial and good point, imo - I can imagine that to be the case. :yy:
Nichrome
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by timeandacrayon)
I think that the it is either amys and Rory's child and it has been mutated or River's and the Doctor's child and Amy is the godmother or something explaining the picture. I can't see the doctor having an affair with Amy.

Ahh yes, good point actually. That was probably lost a bit with River going nuts on their asses and all.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Apologies for the delay with the poll - I had to make myself some dinner. It's up now.
Phobia27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just watched it again, loved the episode, though it was a bit annoying when they kept playing that presidential music every time Nixon walked in a room. Also, something I noticed at the end, pretty much everyone in the credits have their full name in, e.g. Amy Pond, River Song, etc, but then Rory is just called Rory :confused: At least call him Rory Williams, or indeed Rory Pond.
r_n_b_crazi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In the lodger, the Doctor said the 'spaceship' was an attempt at a tardis and that only time lords can fly tardis(es?).

The silence were protecting a girl who can regenerate and therefore might be a time lord. Concidence?
The Cornerstone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This episode was more confusing than the last and gave even more questions than answers
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So. Absolutely. Unbelieveable!!!!!

My heart was pounding all the way through it. I can't even calm down!
Ape Gone Insane
Report 7 years ago
I found it to be excellent. Confusing in a good way. Never before has a series started in this manner, with this many questions...

(Original post by The Cornerstone)
This episode was more confusing than the last and gave even more questions than answers
Considering it's the start of the series, it can only be a good thing.
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My mate irl says this "My prediction is that the Doctor will kill of Rory, then travel around with River and Amy as his *****es, like Charlie Sheen"

Sounds good to me...
NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ohhhh. Such a good episode. Part of me died when I saw River's face after she kissed the Doctor (he looked so awkward though, I laughed.) So sad. I bet the kid is either Jenny (wonder how that works?), or the Doctor and River's child, although I doubt it could be their kid because the Doctor would never abandon his child like that. Such a cute little kid. Love her already. This is shaping up to be a fantastic series. And I seem to have a place in my heart for Rory now as well, sure he can be a bit wimpy but I love him anyway. The whole "Time head" thing made me laugh as well, can't deny I wondered how time travel would affect a pregnancy. Looking forward to the Doctor and River's next meeting, I love it every time she turns up!! It's going to be a tragic romance that totally beats the Doctor/Rose thing, no doubt about it. Never liked Rose anyway. Still waiting to see how they fix this whole Doctor dying fiasco. Fix it, Mr Moffat, fix it!
The Cornerstone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Considering it's the start of the series, it can only be a good thing.
True but there are parts where you wonder what's going on and even when it's explained I still don't understand, like the first part of the episode for example.

Or maybe it's just me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads