cunningstunt87
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MTR_10)
My 2 cents.

Very likely to make it:

Mark Noble (West Ham) - Watch this space. If West Ham go down I think he will move to one of the big 4 teams, prob Man Utd and will show his quality and get into the England setup. Quality player and v. underrated.
Mario Gotze (Borrussia Dortmund/ Germany)
Christian Eriksen (Ajax)
Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal) - To be fair there is not too much competition for his position.
Kyle Walker (Tottenham?)

Might make it:

Connor Wickham (Needs to prove himself at a higher level)
Matt Phillips (Blackpool)
Adam Lallana (Southampton) - Same as Wickham
Haris Vuckic (Newcastle/ Slovenia) - Has looked good so far in his few appearances for Newcastle
Josh Mceachran (Chelsea) - Hopefully Chelsea will give him a chance soon
Fabian Delph (Aston Villa)
If Noble goes to Man United I will eat my hat. He's 23 now so he can hardly be considered young and he's been a pedestrian premiership midfielder for the last 2 seasons. His corners are also shockingly bad.

James Tomkins, with some consistency, is a future England centre half and Dylan Tombides is apparently the next one off our production line and getting rave reviews in the youth and reserves.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Santiago d'Aranigelios (14) - he grew up kicking snooker balls around the streets of Buenos Aires in his bare feet, has Italian ancestry and a Brazilian grandfather, has just signed a £5m deal pre-contract with Nike, he's been noted as a fusion of Pele, Messi, Geroge Best and Maradona, and he desribed himself as the ''god of angels'' when he was only 8.
Susanoo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mario Götze, Ganso, Pablo Mouche, Matias Defederico deserve a mention, many are usually overhyped.
jinx!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Didn't FIFA recently publish a short list of the top-twenty footballers under twenty? It was a really interesting read.

Anyway, here's a list off the top of my head:
- David de Gea (Spain and Athletico)
- Mario Gotze (Germany and BVB, or the Bender twins.)
- Bojan Krkic (Spain and Barcelona)
- Jack Wilshere (England and Arsenal)
- Jack Robinson/Martin Kelly (England and Liverpool)
- Romelu Lukaku (Belgium and hopefully Chelsea soon, haha.)
- Matthew Briggs (England and Fulham)
- Neymar (Brasil and Santos)
- Connor Wickham (England and Ipswich, perhaps soon to been Spurs.)

...I can't believe Thomas Muller is 21 and Balotelli is only 20!
MTR_10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cunningstunt87)
If Noble goes to Man United I will eat my hat. He's 23 now so he can hardly be considered young and he's been a pedestrian premiership midfielder for the last 2 seasons. His corners are also shockingly bad.

James Tomkins, with some consistency, is a future England centre half and Dylan Tombides is apparently the next one off our production line and getting rave reviews in the youth and reserves.
Mark Noble is a good player but needs to be part of a big team to be recognised. His style of play is understated. He is a good team player, passer and his set pieces are ok (they could improve though). I can't see him staying at WH if they get relegated and I think he would suit the Man Utd system.

By 'prospects' I understood that you meant players who have the potential to be better than they currently are.
cunningstunt87
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MTR_10)
Mark Noble is a good player but needs to be part of a big team to be recognised. His style of play is understated. He is a good team player, passer and his set pieces are ok (they could improve though). I can't see him staying at WH if they get relegated and I think he would suit the Man Utd system.

By 'prospects' I understood that you meant players who have the potential to be better than they currently are.
I admire your defence of Noble, I love the guy for the passion and commitment he gives, but he's nowhere near the player Carrick was at his age and his set pieces are the worst I've ever seen with the exception of his penalty taking.

I assumed prospects to mean any player with the ability to move up a few levels from where he is at the moment or become a top class international player. Tomkins looks like a future England player once he irons out the inconsistency that all young players suffer from. Noble is destined for a Stoke, Wigan or Fulham if he leaves.
Theconomist
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thiago-Top of the park,he would be the star of any team if it wasn't for Xavi and Iniesta.
Hazard-Needs to work on his attitude but really good kid.
Smalling-The kid's a rock.
triloko
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Some obvious and some others which might backfire on me:

Argentina:
Erik Lamela (River Plate)
Rogelio Funes Mori (River Plate)

And im gonna take a gamble with:
Juan Iturbe (Cerro Porteño) and Sergio Araujo (Boca)

Brazil:
Ganso (Santos)
Neymar (Santos)

I'm a bit worried about Neymar's attitude though, he might end up like Robinho.

Im gonna take a gamble with:
Lucas (from Sao Paulo) and Giuliano (from Internacional)

In Europe...

mm, well some very obvious ones:

Thiago Alcantara
Jack Wilshere, I'm honestly well impressed since the first time I saw him
Lukaku, Hazard, Defour, Gotze. Ozil has already proven himself so no point in mentioning to be honest.

And I'm curious as for Jon Toral Harper who Arsenal snatched from Barcelona, but if Wenger made such a big deal of getting him I'm assuming he's gonna be good. Something to follow I guess. I'm not very informed about young players in Europe to be honest, I only watch the Italian league and there's not many youngsters there... maybe Merkel will come good but who knows.

oh yeah, and Joao Coutinho as a bit of a wild card but he's got the skill. Might be a bit too small though but so are many great ones.
Super_Hans
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Saints fan here, from what I have seen Chamberlain is going to be a better player than Walcott and could be a future mainstay in the England squad. He has the same pace and trickery as Walcott but can also get his head up and deliver a good final ball. Hope he stays next season to get more experience, no point sitting on the bench.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (387)
37.28%
No - but I will (80)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (499)
48.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed