If Kate suddenly died, the world would mourn. If a poor kid died,no one gives a **** Watch

U.S Lecce
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Logi)
2:47 - 3:16
Man i love this movie, and what scene.
Logi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ~ABR~)
Great minds
~ABR~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Logi)
2:47 - 3:16
No way you just posted the same video LOL what a coincidence.
pappu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Go to bed...
Stratos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Charzhino)
Thats the way the world works, DEAL WITH IT.

P.s someone put that gif of the crab with a cig in its pincer with the words deal with it at the bottom, its hilarious
Don't be lazy and do it yourself!

nevermind...
Ich Dien
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
World isint fair mate.
TheSmithsIndeed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by slavetosociety)
Just thought I lay out the reactions of people in these two cases. If kate suddenly died, the whole world mourn as if they lost one of their parents or something. But if a poor kid in afrida dies of malnutrition or a palestinian kid gets blown to bits, we dont give a **** to be honest.

We care so much about the higher class and celebrities in general that we sometimes live in a fantasy world distorting our image of the real world. As long as it doesn't happen to us and the higher elite, we couldn't care less what the **** goes on elsewhere.
I wouldn't say we don't give a ****, we just cannot possibly eradicate all of child poverty and so deaths are, sadly, anticipated in places like Africa whereas Kate's death would be totally isolated and a huge shock.
People are bound to mourn more for 'famous' individuals because of just that- they're 'famous', we feel like we know them.

Bit pathetic the cynicism can't stop for just one day.
stevenjohnh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The dead don't require mourning. It is just a way for living people to come to terms with a loss.

If an unknown child dies, we (the public) don't feel that loss, we won't know that the child died or anything about that child. With media coverage for celebrities we feel like we know the celebrities and we find out that they died.
Insanity514
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I also see no reason to be interested in a random celebrity's life when they really don't give a f*** about you or who you are. It is simply pointless.
cookiedough101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Astonishing how so many people were glued onto their tv sets and are out and about rejoicing it in every part of Britain.

Well, congratulation to Kate and Will on their marriage but as far as the public is concerned, its a bit astonishing how a massive natural disaster like the Japan earthquake is forgotten about within a few days. Thousands of people including children lost their lives and homes but people did nothing to help in anyway except for acknowledge the fact they were aware of it through their facebook status.
So many bigger issues to deal with and rejoice but unfortunately a wedding where we get nothing from it shouldn't make the cut. How will any of us here at TSR be happier today at 10 am than we were when Will and Kate were not a 'married couple'.
Also, next time there is an economic crisis or they get divorced (hope none of the 2 happen!), rather than forming massive demonstrations outside RBS,Lloyds etc please do make a point to form a small one outside buckingham palace because ALL OF US have indirectly funded for the 'drama' yesterday morning.

Waiting for the negative reps but I just had to let out my days frustration and this just served the perfect platform and to some extent have a valid point.
A level Az
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gryffindor)
Kate's just become the future Queen of England. If we mourned every time a poor child died we would be mourning all day every day.
She can never become "Queen" :mad: Why are supporters of the monarchy so deluded? She's not even known as Princess and will never be because of her "commoner" blood, so stop making stuff up and get your facts right.
stevenjohnh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not "ALL OF US", not all of us pay taxes, in fact as a student forum very few of us will have contributed ourselves towards the wedding. The monarchy is an anachronism, but it still has ~80% approval in the UK. Japan again was a terrible disaster, as were the hurricanes in the US, but surely taking our minds off all of the world's problems for a day in order to celebrate a young couple in love is not a bad thing. Back to the doom and gloom of a post-recession economy next week
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cookiedough101)
its a bit astonishing how a massive natural disaster like the Japan earthquake is forgotten about within a few days. Thousands of people including children lost their lives and homes but people did nothing to help in anyway except for acknowledge the fact they were aware of it through their facebook status.
And you did what.. exactly? You went over to help ? Pledged support? or even donated a substantial amount of money?

Because if not, stop being a hypocrite.

Just because it is not front page news now does no0t mean it is forgotten. Such is media, making profits. To the media japan is 'old new's and putting the wedding on TV or in newspaper will generate more profit. If this wasn't the way we'd still be talking about 9/11 , president assassinations and things way before that.
SpicyStrawberry
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If we mourned every single person that dies each day we would spend every second of our lives in great sadness and depression and the world would come to a standstill. It's sad but true, and although we have never met Kate ourselves there are things we can identify with her and as part of the royal family now it would be very sad if something were to happen to her, just as it is devastating what is happening to innocent people in Africa, Japan and war-torn countries.

As the person said above, just because it hasn't been broadcasted over Twitter/Facebook/BBC news does not mean we do not care.
cookiedough101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by stevenjohnh)
Not "ALL OF US", not all of us pay taxes, in fact as a student forum very few of us will have contributed ourselves towards the wedding. The monarchy is an anachronism, but it still has ~80% approval in the UK. Japan again was a terrible disaster, as were the hurricanes in the US, but surely taking our minds off all of the world's problems for a day in order to celebrate a young couple in love is not a bad thing. Back to the doom and gloom of a post-recession economy next week
True to a massive extent but then why do students crib with the hike in tuitions fees? Surely the cost of the wedding could have subsidized university funding for all US STUDENTS. Either ways, you look at it from a different point of view and I completely respect that.
Its easy to take your mind off from those disasters cause again - luckily you and me didn't lose anyone or anything from it. If we did, the day would bring tears rolling down our cheeks!
Aramiss18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
I would cry, for William. Losing the two women he loves the most would be tragic
How is this remotely neg worthy? What an arse. I agree with this sentiment.
ArcadiaHouse
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by A level Az)
She can never become "Queen" :mad: Why are supporters of the monarchy so deluded? She's not even known as Princess and will never be because of her "commoner" blood, so stop making stuff up and get your facts right.
You are wrong. She can become a princess at a future date if William decides to give her the title. Once William is coronated and becomes king, she WILL become queen.

So get your facts right before being so aggressive to strangers.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cookiedough101)
Astonishing how so many people were glued onto their tv sets and are out and about rejoicing it in every part of Britain.

Well, congratulation to Kate and Will on their marriage but as far as the public is concerned, its a bit astonishing how a massive natural disaster like the Japan earthquake is forgotten about within a few days. Thousands of people including children lost their lives and homes but people did nothing to help in anyway except for acknowledge the fact they were aware of it through their facebook status.
So many bigger issues to deal with and rejoice but unfortunately a wedding where we get nothing from it shouldn't make the cut. How will any of us here at TSR be happier today at 10 am than we were when Will and Kate were not a 'married couple'.
Also, next time there is an economic crisis or they get divorced (hope none of the 2 happen!), rather than forming massive demonstrations outside RBS,Lloyds etc please do make a point to form a small one outside buckingham palace because ALL OF US have indirectly funded for the 'drama' yesterday morning.

Waiting for the negative reps but I just had to let out my days frustration and this just served the perfect platform and to some extent have a valid point.
The UK sent a rescue team to Japan.

Plenty of people sat watching their TV's myself included in absolute horror at the sheer destruction of the Tsunami wishing there was something we could do. It has not been forgotten about by many people. However for most people there is nothing they can do. We cannot all help we are not all able to.

And wtf are you on about. Next time there is an economic crisis? I am sorry but I did not realize the royal family were responsible for the Uk economy
dioscuri
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by slavetosociety)
Just thought I lay out the reactions of people in these two cases. If kate suddenly died, the whole world mourn as if they lost one of their parents or something. But if a poor kid in afrida dies of malnutrition or a palestinian kid gets blown to bits, we dont give a **** to be honest.

We care so much about the higher class and celebrities in general that we sometimes live in a fantasy world distorting our image of the real world. As long as it doesn't happen to us and the higher elite, we couldn't care less what the **** goes on elsewhere.
Death is a natural part of life. If someone we don't know dies, it is just life and nature happening. Just as the world spins round and the sun slowly burns up all it's fuel and plants and animals die and are reborn. Many people say 'Kate means and symbolizes something to us, we feel good if she is alive'. If she dies, those people are going to be validly upset. It would not be valid to be genuinely emotionally upset for someone that means nothing to you.

The real world, to an individual, is the world that an individual perceives. That's all there is. While I understand how you perceive the world very differently to me, so your reality is going to be very different to mine (to the point that you may think I am in a fantasy), it isn't legitimate for you to imagine your reality is anything more than what it is, your essentially finite reality.
cookiedough101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
And you did what.. exactly? You went over to help ? Pledged support? or even donated a substantial amount of money?

Because if not, stop being a hypocrite.

Just because it is not front page news now does no0t mean it is forgotten. Such is media, making profits. To the media japan is 'old new's and putting the wedding on TV or in newspaper will generate more profit. If this wasn't the way we'd still be talking about 9/11 , president assassinations and things way before that.
Point taken but I did not mention media anywhere in my post mate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads