how to tell him I cheated Watch

popop124
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by azalia)
It's not his fault...I'm not going to say something so cruel! I can't explain why I did it because I don't really understand it myself. When I say I love my boyfriend, I really mean it, otherwise I wouldn't tell him that I cheated because I wouldn't care. And being drunk IS an excuse. I wasn't acting like myself at all. I'm sober now, and trying to figure out how to deal with the consequences in an appropriate way.
unless it was the first time you ever drank, NO IT ISNT.

As a responsible adult you should know by now what effect ethnol has on your system - and therefore should not have drunk - its your fault you drank and therefore 100% your fault you did what you did. - and you need to admit this to him otherwise it will ruin any apology

The only thing you can do is apologise - do anything he asks that he says might repair his trust - a suggestion for you might be to offer to never drink again when you are not with him and possibly not go out without him for a while - especially during the break which he might want. Of course never see or contact the other person again. not sure what you did exctly but it sounds like dumping material - in which case let him dump but don't give up and show him you have changed.

You say you were not acting yourself - let me try to explain - unless someone forced the ethanol down you - the drinking of the alcohol was "acting like yourself" - thus it was your fault - you really need to admit that first thing:

Oh the reason you did it is cause you lack any respectable level of self control - you need to prove to him you intend to remedy that immediately - you can ensure that by putting safety measures in place - the most extreme which would be 100% safe would be to not go out anymore without him = no chance to do it again - of course that would drive you insane so you need to find middle ground - its about what you will sacrifice
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And being drunk IS an excuse..
No. No it isn't. It's never an excuse.
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)
Or quite simply because OP is attracted to another guy. You don't have to be unhappy to get off with someone else.
OP is a girl, not a guy:rolleyes: guys only need yo be attracted to want to sleep. Girls need more than that.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Say you got horny while he was gone and masturbated using another man's appendage. Because this is essentially what you did.
SpicyStrawberry
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My boyfriend is gone for a month and I hooked up with a guy I have known for a long time. I love my boyfriend, but unfortunately was just really drunk and feeling rebellious and acting stupid. I'm attracted to this other guy at the physical level, but I'm in love with my boyfriend.
You cannot use drink as an excuse; all it does is lower your inhibitions so you're more likely to do stuff you were already thinking about when sober - if you really loved your boyfriend, cheating on him wouldn't even cross your mind.

Maybe you ought to lay off the drink if it has this effect on you and grow up a bit. Telling your boyfriend you were drunk will probably make him more angry because you're making up reasons why it's not your fault: it is your fault, so you need to face up to it and tell him straight.
Carnivores
Badges: 1
Report 7 years ago
"I ****ed some other dude and I liked it."
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by concubine)
No, your statement being wrong though, that does make you wrong.

People that look at things like love and cheating in such a basic black and white way are ****ing morons.

People can be in love with someone and cheat on them. Arguing otherwise just shows how little you understand things like emotions.

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
"Welcome back baby! Btw, you know how I said I'd always be faithful?.. well, I lied."

Give it a break luv, most accept that if you're "in love" with someone you're not going to violate that by seeking to have another man inside you.. :rolleyes:
Agreeing with Foo.mp3

I cheated but it's true i thought I loved him but it wasnt enough to not cheat on him.

If you truly love someone you would be scared to lose them and thus never cheat.
defuzion
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what a SLUT
Rishz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...4ZnmFopz6Q&t=1

missderrie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mr Disco)
lol****
LOL

All my girl-friends talk about how evil and untrustworthy men can be...but some girls just give it away, regardless of if they're single or not!
Tw1x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
OP is a girl, not a guy:rolleyes: guys only need yo be attracted to want to sleep. Girls need more than that.
Not always, idiot.

It's not his fault...I'm not going to say something so cruel! I can't explain why I did it because I don't really understand it myself. When I say I love my boyfriend, I really mean it, otherwise I wouldn't tell him that I cheated because I wouldn't care. And being drunk IS an excuse. I wasn't acting like myself at all. I'm sober now, and trying to figure out how to deal with the consequences in an appropriate way.
Being drunk isn't an excuse. You should know your limits. It is completely your own fault - learn how to handle your alcohol. Oh and, tell him. My ex cheated on me and the worst part about it was finding out from someone else/ being the last to know.
donuticus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm a slapper who shags around the minute your back is turned should just about cover it.

If your boyfriend is in any way sensible he will kick your ass to the kerb where it belongs.
username291885
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
By explaining absolutely everything that happened.
o Rebecca o
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why do people claim they love their boyfriends/girlfriends but then cheat on them?

OP, you don't love him and it's clearly evident.

Drinking is NOT an excuse, so don't try to play that card. Everyone knows that drinking comes with risk, but you seemed happy to take that risk and therefore you're not really fussed about your relationship.

Tell him so he can get rid of you and find a more decent girl.
Kaitlyn89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My boyfriend is gone for a month and I hooked up with a guy I have known for a long time. I love my boyfriend, but unfortunately was just really drunk and feeling rebellious and acting stupid. I'm attracted to this other guy at the physical level, but I'm in love with my boyfriend.
Oh here we go again, I was drunk [email protected]! I tell you what. Why don't you control your alcohol intake in future, and maybe this won't happen? By the way, it's a sh*t excuse.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
Hey OP, I was in a situation like yours, except I wasn't drunk, and it was just very horny making out, no further. I wasn't going to tell my boyfriend because I thought I loved him and it was a one-off.

However, cheating is a sign that either there's something wrong with the relationship or something wrong with you. No one just betrays the trust in a committed, loving relationship with a guy that they have a sexual but not emotional connection with.

For me, I realised that in terms of the relationship, although it was comfortable and we were that cute couple who clearly adored each other, I was just getting so bored...I'm off to uni next year and I've always been motivated and ambitious, and he has no clue what he's doing with his life. I'm more intelligent than him and we can't have any kind of fulfilling discussions because he can't keep up- actually, no, he doesn't even think about that kind of stuff. I love to travel and experience new things, and he's really set in his ways and won't even try new food. Obviously, it's not a reason for me to cheat, but for me it was a sign that something wasn't right, that I needed to break out of the monotony.

In terms of something being wrong with me, I don't think I'm ready for commitment and monogamy if I have the audacity to cheat and then not even regret it too much. If you think there is any possibility of you doing it again, end the relationship now.

Contrary to popular belief on here, cheating does not make you a bad person. You just sound like you're justifying it to yourself (like I did: oh, we've had a history, I needed to get it out of my system) and that you're not wracked with terrible, heart-breaking guilt, which makes me think you should end it, now.
WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Contrary to popular belief on here, cheating does not make you a bad person. You just sound like you're justifying it to yourself (like I did: oh, we've had a history, I needed to get it out of my system) and that you're not wracked with terrible, heart-breaking guilt, which makes me think you should end it, now.
I'm sorry. "I needed to get it out of my system" is such a BS excuse I'm not really sure how to reply to it. If you feel that way, then you break up. You do not cheat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (553)
37.82%
No - but I will (115)
7.87%
No - I don't want to (103)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise