The Student Room Group

What do you think the next world war will be fought over?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Silver Arrow
I listened to a podcast about 2 years ago and it said water. It makes sense because the world population is growing rapidly. China is at the forefront of it and it's HUNGRY for resources. The West is slowly diminishing. Africa is just hopeless as ever.
I think it will get to a point where people will be fighting to survive and not to be the "Top dog"
China is slowly taking over the world. They are now owed money by the US & Japan.
I think the West will start it and finish us all.
Discuss.

push off mate...
My favour.
Original post by Pride
push off mate...

Can you prove otherwise?
It's unlikely there will be another, there will probably be an increasing number of wars in the middle east and possibly Africa that will involve the international community however international ties with the countries that actually matter are at an all time high and that is unlikely to change any time soon.
the last rolo.

If not then maybe due to folk testing nuclear weapons.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 65
Yeah, water sounds like a good shout.

But the idea of a world war, along the dynamic of something like WWI and II, isn't going to happen. That's not how countries and conflicts function any more. I'm not saying that there won't be any large scale conflicts in the future - I'm naturally fairly pessimistic, so I like to think that all kinds of **** really is going to go down. But the idea of a world war as in UK, USA, Europe (or whoever) allied together against China, Russia, North Korea (or whoever) is outdated. There won't be the kind of structure of peace - tensions - preparation (conscription, arms making, etc) - fighting - surrender/victory - peace, that most people associate with the term 'war'.
Original post by hxecute
War over Mordor maybe?

I think it will be over oil. I think the unrest in the middle-east at the moment is an attempt by the west so they have an excuse to take control of countries for their oil :lolwut:

i think the words in bold were supposed to be:

earth

east

total domination
Original post by Silver Arrow
Why Muslims? Why is everyone terrified of them?

In the bold text do you mean their barbaric practices? A few of their cities look modern but the people themselves are disgusting.

That's such an unpleasant thing to say.
Surely it must be oil
Reply 69
Oil, water, or Isreal, Iran and North Korea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending