Higher History!!! Watch

laridum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's me just about done with the Paper 1 stuff. I really hope Munich comes up. And the Liberals.

Later I'm going to make spider diagrams for Paper 2. We're doing Migration & Empire which is interesting, I guess, but also sort of tedious. I mean, of all the topics my college could have picked...
seejayybee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
okay, so my issue with history is that i know my quotes and KU, but i can't write it all down in time! :/
is there some kind of 'magic number' of points you should make in each paragraph? 'cos i'm pretty sure my issue is rambling, or i might just suffer from slowness in a huge way...
TheChicGeek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello! I'm doing my usual day-before-exam meltdown For my paper one, I have learned:
Britain: How effective and why Liberal Reforms, and also how effective Labour Reforms/ Bev Report.
For Appeasement: Why appeasement, How successful and arguements for/against the Munich agreement.

Do you think this will be enough?
Leeham1874
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We've been taught Large Scale State USA and Britain 1850s–1979.

Is it safe to go into the exam with three issues revised from each?

Also doing the Scottish Wars of Independance for Paper 2. I can only remember stuff about the Succession Problem and the relationship between King John and Edward. Not looking forward to it.
LiverpoolFC_18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Will I be ok if I've done:

Britain - 1. Labour Reforms 2. Liberal Reforms 3. Why Liberal reforms...

Germany - 1. Why Nazis gained power 2. Why Nazis stayed in power 3. Obstacles to unification.

Is that sufficient or should I add another? Please answer.
laridum
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Good luck everyone! I'm calling it a night after I finish making spider diagrams. I'm sure you'll all do fabulously.
Martyna156
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hey, so how did evryone find it?
I did questions 12 and 27, 12 Liberal Reforms and 27, Hitler's Rise to power : ) I think it went well. wrote like 18 pages, overall. The Liberal question was kinda weird, but I think I tackled it well.
In paper 2, I did the Wars of Independence and I think the questions were fairly easy. They were easier than I thought they would be, anyway.

I'm so glad History is over : )
GiantFrozenPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did Q10 on Democracy, not the one I would have preferred but i was still able to tackle it confidently. I also did the Nazis' rise to power. That question was an absolute gift.

Paper 2 was fairly easy, I did the effect of the Great War, I would have preferred if the experience on the Western Front was a 10 marker.
Inheritorz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anybody want the papers??
_Stephieee
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought the essays were great, I did 10 on democracy and 35 on the American Depression of the 1930s. 10 was my extended essay question right down to the named issue so I was thrilled, and I've written an essay very similar to 35 in the past, so I think that paper went okay, better than I was expecting in general

I did Impact of the Great War for the sources, I thought the first three questions were pretty fair, but I found the last one difficult purely because I didn't have enough recall, my own fault but hopefully I picked up a couple of marks

Overall, I think it was pretty fair, so I'm pretty content. I'm so glad History is done now, means I've done 4 of my 5 and I don't have anymore until June 1st
Inheritorz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did Q12 on the Liberals and Q31 on Russia
Source Handling was OK - last questions through me a bit on economic effects of union, but got it down time
The second the vigi sayed "That's time" I had literally just put a full stop on the end of my last sentence.
chr1stopher11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That was an amazing paper for me. Q11 -0 why women got the vote and Q27 Hitler's rise to power - I couldn't have asked for anything better to be honest.

Paper 2 was fine too. I did the impact of the Great War. The 10 markers were on topic I knew tonnes on so that was great. The ES1 question was a bit hard to take quotes out for content. Other than that it was really good.
Darrenh800
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Inheritorz)
Anybody want the papers??
Yes please In all honesty, my questions were great and really fitted into what I knew but my history teacher was annoyed that no Bismarck or Welfare State question came up.
laridum
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Quietly optimistic. I think one of my introductions was a bit dodgy, but it was a fabulous paper, imo. I did the Liberals (the question was similar to my extended essay!) and the question on appeasement.

Paper 2 wasn't bad either. I did Migration and Empire. Definitely didn't do great, but not appallingly bad, I don't think.
beth..
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What an amazing paper! my first exam that has actually went good i did liberals and immigration then paper 2 migration and empire which was quite a good paper. So happy 4 down 1 to go!
Caitlin_Healy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So happy with that paper!, i did womens votes for Britain and Changes to the tsarist state after 1905 for Russia.

For paper 2 i done wars of independence which was also good, but the last question in it was a bit iffy haha!
mckee1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah that was a great paper. Honestly couldn't have asked for better questions. Although the layout of the paper was weird, different from previous years I think.
BoyceAvenue
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Paper one was good, I did liberals and nationalism.
Paper two was a bit hard, last question especially.
Hopefully got an A/B!
BoyceAvenue
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh yeah, I done Scotland and the Great War for paper two
et_29
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
anyone know what the highest mark you can get for an essay is, if you don't get it finished in time, but put in a short conclusion and mention maybe 3 points/paragraphs out of 5...?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads