Geordie Shore Watch

Lukey.T
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Geordie Shore makes me want to throw my tv out my window. Nuffin on Jersey Shore.
basketofsnakes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
jokes
RealityIsDull
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hilarious stuff! .....but did make me weep a little for humankind.

(Original post by mandingo666)
Ok is it just me or did that girl who got her tits out have no nipples?!?!
?
She was wearing nipple covers (pasties)
Philbert
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What is this I don't even...
Yinx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Geordie shore was........ I wouldnt say it was exactly like jersey shore cause they have to start somewhere.... I love Greg, hes so adorable bless him... cant wait 4 next week
username664870
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
makes me proud to be from Essex to be honest, and that's saying something!
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 7 years ago
Greg is the only decent bloke in there, the others are exactly what I expected. :facepalm2:

Vicky :drool:
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tucking Fypo)
Greg is the only decent bloke in there, the others are exactly what I expected. :facepalm2:

Vicky :drool:
Mate Vicky is proper mint like

Lol I like how Greg = Vinnie, Sophie = Snooki, the Jersey shore parallels are there instantly
A_clizzy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
Mate Vicky is proper mint like

Lol I like how Greg = Vinnie, Sophie = Snooki, the Jersey shore parallels are there instantly
I actually like this better for some reason ..
cus its like English despite it being a slight exaggeration .....
Kind of makes it alot better to watch ...
as you can relate to everything your seeing ..
thumbs up if you kinda get the same feeling ....
Vicky is sexy as....
A.K.A
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by deadsmurfette)
I enjoyed it but I got a real sense that everything was staged seeing as it was really similar in content to the first episode of Jersey Shore
I like Greg
I totally agree with you the girl apologising at the table after she got drunk the first night ( can't rememebr her name) Just like snooki did in series one and that james dude banging on about how long it takes him to do his hair&Tan when his looked average and ive seen plenty of people with it he's trying to be pauly with the whole hair shizzle
kingkev
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do these people make us Geordies look bad? Am going to watch it tonight, think a repeat is on.
King CalZ
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Best ratings for MTV in 3 years!
domjohnson
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
God knows why they took the huge detour to go via the Angel of the North when going to the pub...

Other than that, though, it was awful. I cringed when I heard "Being a geordie is a way of life," implying it was about getting pissed and such...
Wattsy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by domjohnson)
God knows why they took the huge detour to go via the Angel of the North when going to the pub...

Other than that, though, it was awful. I cringed when I heard "Being a geordie is a way of life," implying it was about getting pissed and such...
Yeah that lass from BORO is an absolute joke, it's like my Dad calling himself Geordie from Hartlepool land of the Monkey Hangers
therealOG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ain't got nuttin' on Jersey Shore:

1) The location is **** compared to Jersey Shore
2) Their accents are so annoying, and the slang they use really pisses me off
3) None of the people are likeable - they're all douchebags with the exception of Greg, because he's the only safe one there. The fact that he's kind of an outsider to the rest of the group is testamount to how ****ed up the rest of them are
4) The girls are all MASSIVE ****s (1000x worse than the girls on the Jersey Shore). The one who is meant to be the equivalent of Snooki is just repulsive
5) The general intellingence of all them is a level below those on the Jersey Shore. At least the Jersey Shore lot held down decent jobs (Vinnie even graduated from uni), most had decent and hilarious personalities. The Geordie lot are all unemployed cretins
Wattsy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by therealOG)
Ain't got nuttin' on Jersey Shore:

1) The location is **** (Newcastle) compared to Jersey Shore
2) Their accents are so annoying, and the slang they use really pisses me off
3) None of the people are likeable - they're all douchebags with the exception of Greg, because he's the only safe one there. The fact that he's kind of an outsider to the rest of the group is testamount to how ****ed up the rest of them are
4) The girls are all MASSIVE ****s (1000x worse than the girls on the Jersey Shore). The one who is meant to be the equivalent of Snooki is just repulsive
5) The general intellingence of all them is a level below those on the Jersey Shore. At least the Jersey Shore lot held down decent jobs, most had decent and hilarious personalities. The Geordie lot are all unemployed cretins
Your name completely undermines this argument however...

Newcastle is a wonderful city full of culture, Jersey Shore is a faceless street of beaches and clubs
Is 'tashing off' or 'necking it' any worse than calling people 'grenades,' I find their accent easier to understand than the American Jersey one
Just because you couldn't pull them doesn't mean that they're ****s, Sophie and Holly probably are however Vicky (Phwoar) and Charlotte (Solid 8) aren't so much, they are liberal with their loving and that is their decision.
I think Jay (the perma-tanned one with silly hair) has a job, most of them are 18-21 at home and enjoying life with parents with respectable incomes so to them doing a job is no requirement.
therealOG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Wattsy)
Your name completely undermines this argument however...
As does yours?

Newcastle is a wonderful city full of culture, Jersey Shore is a faceless street of beaches and clubs
Jersey Shore was the perfect place for the series - awesome sunny weather, sandy beaches, fairgrounds, outdoor clubs - pretty much what you would expect for a summer vacation of partying. Newcastle on the other hand is a cold concrete city. Sure it has "culture", but do you really think that adds anything to a show about 8 young adults going crazy? These people are anything but cultured, and they wouldn't appreciate the culture anyway.
Is 'tashing off' or 'necking it' any worse than calling people 'grenades,' I find their accent easier to understand than the American Jersey one
That must be just you. The American accent, particularly the east coast American accent is one of the easiest accents to understand in the world. As opposed to the Geordie accent which got Cheryl Cole fired from her job. Even with English programmes, Geordies often have to be subtitled.
they are liberal with their loving and that is their decision.
What a fluffy and ridiculous thing to say? Have you seen the interviews with them? They have this method called the "Slut Drop" in the club for getting mens' attention! There's a difference between being liberal and getting your legs open for the first man you see. And in terms of looks, only one of them is hot (maybe two), the rest of them are whales
I think Jay (the perma-tanned one with silly hair) has a job, most of them are 18-21 at home and enjoying life with parents with respectable incomes so to them doing a job is no requirement.
So you think it is perfectly respectable for 18-21 year olds to live at home with the people who raised them whilst leeching off their income and not contributing anything to it? You can't cover the fact that they are lazy unemployed youths with no work ethic.

EDIT: These are my views on those people in Geordie Shore. That is all. From my words some may construe that I think all Geordie's are like this which would be a very prejudiced and ignorant thing to believe. I do believe that this show is portraying Geordie's in a bad light.
Wattsy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To be fair if anyone is willing to generalise the whole of Newcastle on this program their opinions are worthless anyway. It's like saying anyone who lives in Essex must be rich and have fake boobs and botox or that anyone who lives in Chelsea is rich and oompa loompa perma-tanned.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
Just watched this and it is no Jersey Shore still good though, if only the women really like the ones on GS :lol:
Xhotas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My older brother knows Vicky, but apparently she had her name changed for the show.

Can't imagine why someone would...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.76%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise