Is this rape? Watch

hxecute
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by anyone_can_fly)
Read the posts above you: she did not give consent, it was a clear-cut normal rape case.
Yes, but from what I gather, it seems like he was jailed for an unjust reason, even if what he did was far worse...

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
Electrodude
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, I have seen this case before.

I just cant believe the Israeli court ruled this case on the basis of religious and ethnic background.

I really tells how effed up that place is.
Golly-Gosh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
obviously is not rape!! what a stupid thing!
modini
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What a criminal sense of justice.
MostCompetitive
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Zitheris)
Sabbar Kashur, 30, was found guilty of "rape by deception" by the Israeli court and sentenced to 18 months in jail.

According to the complaint filed by the woman, the two met in a Jerusalem street in 2008 and had sex that day.

When she discovered he was not Jewish, but an Arab, she went to the police.

Kashur was arrested and charged with rape and indecent assault, but the charges were later replaced by a different charge of "rape by deception".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-10717186

I found this quite amusing... thoughts?
Surely there's nothing in it. If it made so much difference to her, she would have made some sort of effort to find out beforehand. Something like this can only happen in Israel.
LadyLondoner
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How can anyone possibly even try and justify this situation? It's clear racism against the Arabs as per usual.
Darkphilosopher
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I tend to support Israel on a few things but this is quite terrible tbh. She's being a racist ****.
S_123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'If I tell her I'm a boxer, will she let me down her...?' Tinchy would be in jail for 'rape by deception' then :p: :rolleyes: This is not rape! It's racist! The sex was consensual therefore not rape.
el scampio
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The only people who like the jews, are jews. There's a good reason why they've been kicked off every continent on the planet.
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MostCompetitive)
Surely there's nothing in it. If it made so much difference to her, she would have made some sort of effort to find out beforehand. Something like this can only happen in Israel.
Yes. The reason this only happens in Israel, is because if you go across the border to the Islamic states, if you meet someone and have sex with them, you get stoned to death. If you report a rape, you are guilty of adultery.

It's amazing the number of anti-Israeli comments here, completely missing the point that across the entire Arab world, there would be no concept of this offence - for a variety of hideous reasons.
MostCompetitive
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
Yes. The reason this only happens in Israel, is because if you go across the border to the Islamic states, if you meet someone and have sex with them, you get stoned to death. If you report a rape, you are guilty of adultery.

It's amazing the number of anti-Israeli comments here, completely missing the point that across the entire Arab world, there would be no concept of this offence - for a variety of hideous reasons.
Whatever happens in those extremist-run states is irrelevant to this thread. It is Israel's legal system in question here.
anyone_can_fly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whatever happens in those extremist-run states is irrelevant to this thread. It is Israel's legal system in question here.
You seem to have missed the updates mentioned several times in the thread - the case was misreported, she did not give consent, she asked the man to stop, and she was carried out the building bleeding. It was a clear-cut rape case.
MostCompetitive
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by anyone_can_fly)
You seem to have missed the updates mentioned several times in the thread - the case was misreported, she did not give consent, she asked the man to stop, and she was carried out the building bleeding. It was a clear-cut rape case.
If that's the case then he got off very lightly imo.
anyone_can_fly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If that's the case then he got off very lightly imo.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11329429
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ironic how there's no interest now that the facts come out, and there's no Israel-bashing to be done.
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The only question here is how you and all the rest of the rabid anti-Israel mob look like a bunch of red-haired McDonalds clowns.
AnJuM218
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by S_123)
'If I tell her I'm a boxer, will she let me down her...?' Tinchy would be in jail for 'rape by deception' then :p: :rolleyes: This is not rape! It's racist! The sex was consensual therefore not rape.
I think you mean Tinie Tempah

And yeah this ain't rape. It reminds me of the time when Julius Assange was charged with 'sex by surprise'.
Fusilero
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
The only question here is how you and all the rest of the rabid anti-Israel mob look like a bunch of red-haired McDonalds clowns.
Presumably because they were given (now found to be false) information that portrayed Israel in a bad light. If the information they were given was true then they would be vindicated in saying such a law is ridiculous, immoral and discriminatory.
S_123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AnJuM218)
I think you mean Tinie Tempah
Lol yeah whoops :p:
PlasticBag
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Deception can negative consent, as per tabassum.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.32%
No - but I will (38)
6.82%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.64%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (263)
47.22%

Watched Threads